chapter 5

Colors

Kaeun opened their house's door, feeling exhausted as her backpack was quite heavy.

" Mom, I'm home. "

" There you are, Kaeun. We're gonna eat dinner now. Tell Yunjin too. "

" Copy that. "

As she walked towards her and Yunjin's shared room, she saw the door was a little opened. She took a peek, and saw a sleeping Yunjin. The younger looked like she wrote something on a paper.

Kaeun went inside, slilently, so that it wouldn't wake Yunjin up. She got closer to the younger and leaned in so that she can see the paper.

It was a love letter. Yunjin's elbow was covering the other parts of the paper. But it didn't stop Kaeun for examining it. As Kaeun was scanning, she saw a name on the lower part. It was written on Japanese.

" I like you, Takeuchi Miyu.. " Kaeun reads, but in a whispering way. 

The younger girl was writing a love letter for Miyu. The older giraffe chuckled at how fast Yunjin was growing up. Back then, Yunjin was just a baby giraffe that doesn't know anything about love. But look at her now.

Kaeun smiled and chuckled. She then tapped Yunjin's shoulder, waking the younger up. " Yunjin-ah, we're gonna eat dinner now. Wake up. "

" Oh..? Alright then.. " The younger was blinking. Seeming like she was still sleepy.

" Come on, lil' sis. " Kaeun pulled Yunjin up and went to the kitchen, still pulling her.

Yunjin was like Kaeun's little sister. Like Miyu, Kaeun doesn't have her parents beside her. She was an only child. And the worst thing, she lost her parents when some bad guys went inside their house. They robbed them, and shooted her parents mercilessly. It always haunted Kaeun. Good thing that Yunjin, her cousin, and Yunjin's family was still there for her. They took care of Kaeun as if she was their child, and Yunjin's actual sister. It helped Kaeun muster up her courage again. By that, Kaeun learned how to protect herself, and Yunjin. But, she was still scared that she might lose anyone of them soon. Mostly Yunjin, who was like her sister.

" Kaeun-unnie? Kaeun-unnie?! Kaeun-unnie!!!! " The older giraffe snapped away from her thoughts as she heard Yunjin.

Kaeun blinked multiple times. " W-what? "

" You're dazing off again. Eat up! "

" Y-yeah. I'm gonna eat. "

Kaeun started to eat, tasting the wonderful food that was inside .

----

Yunjin stepped outside the bathroom, greeted by a Kaeun who is lying down on her bed and using her phone.

" Kaeunnie, how's school works? "

" Tiring. There's a lot. How about your sch- wait. How about you and Miyu? " The older wiggled her eyebrows which made Yunjin blush, by just hearing her name.

" W-well, we a-are a good f-friends. "

" Friends? Just friends? I don't think so. "

" But w-we are! "

" I refuse to believe. I saw you writing a love letter for Miyu, baby giraffe. "

" Wait shi- You s-saw that?! "

Kaeun started to laugh hard as she was seeing a flustered Yunjin in front of her. It was the first time it happened. " Look, you're blushing! You really like Miyu, don't you? "

" Y-yeah.. "

" That's cute, oh my god!!! "

Yunjin, suddenly, thought of an idea.

" But unnie, I have a favour.. "

" Hm, sure. What is it? "

" Can you.. can you help me confess to Miyu? "

" Sure thing, of course! "

" Really?! Thank you so much, Kaeun unnie! You are the best sister I've ever had! "

" Anything for my little sister. "

----

Kaeun was staring at the ceiling as she couldn't fall asleep. 

There was a feeling in her chest that prevents her from falling asleep.

" Maybe water can solve this. " The girl decided to just drink water. She stood up, making her way to the kitchen.

Kaeun arrived at the kitchen. She got her self a glass, and a water. She started to prpare it and drinked it.

" Feels better. " Kaeun hums after. She looked at her phone to check what time it was. " One-tweleve.. at the morning. I should be getting sleep right now but whatever. "

Kaeun started to check her social media out of boredom. She then saw Miyu's account.

" It isn't bad to stalk her just for once.. right? " Kaeun facepalmed herself but still continued to look at the bunny's account.

Miyu's cute and adorable photos greeted Kaeun's eyes. 

" Cute. "

The girl continued to scroll down on Miyu's photos. Until, she wanted to save one photo where Miyu looked like a total fluff.

" It's not bad to save someone else's photo.. It really isn't.. Or is it? "

After arguing with herself, she finally decides to save it. " Whatever. It's not bad. I'll just tell the others that it's nothing. "

The tall girl just continued to scroll. Kaeun couldn't fight back her smile as she keeps seing Miyu's pictures. " Now I think I understand why Yunjin fell for her.. "

Speaking of that, Kaeun suddenly remembered what Yunjin said to her.

" Can you.. can you help me confess to Miyu? "

Kaeun's heart started to sting again. She doesn't know why. Well, Yunjin isn't the only one who gets jealous whenever Miyu was with someone else. Kaeun too. But Kaeun, just doesn't realize it. She was too oblivious.

" Maybe.. maybe I like Miyu. "

Kaeun's eyes just widened and realized what she has said. " Wait, no, no! " She slapped herself lightly and sighed. " I don't want myself to get hurt again. I don't want to hurt my little sister too. "

She looked at her glass of water. " I just need to drink more. " By that, the girl poured another water onto the glass and drank. 

" I need sleep. " Kaeun decided to go back to her bedroom and to sleep.