CHAPTER TWELVE

Euphoria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This little .

He legit almost gave me 2 heart attacks in one day. All within the span of 20 minutes. I'm seriously gonna have heart problems cause of him.

"Soo," my voice came out shakier than I thought. I cleared it before opening my mouth again, "Jungkook sent me plane tickets." Soo's head poked out from behind her screen, her eyes the size of golf balls. She ripped her headphones out and charged towards me, almost knocking over another one of our coworkers on her beeline here. She pushed me aside and scrolled up to the beginning of the email, gradually opening more the further down she scrolled. 

"Holy !" she half whispered, half screamed, dropping down so that she could be face level with me. "You have to go! He just invited you to witness probably the biggest moment in his career. You legit have to go."
"But what about all that stuff you said about keeping our relationship a secret? Dude, if I go, chances are the press is gonna have questions about who the frick I am." Soo went silent, tightening up into a thin line. She only really did this when she was thinking. "Hmmmmm....you right. Maybe he thinks that American red carpet events are different from Korea's? Okay no, that's stupid."

"What if he wants to go public?" I found myself saying out loud, looking at the plane ticket on the screen. "I don't know. Just a thought?"
"Don't even joke like that, _____________," Soo replied, her eyes turning serious. "Dude, if he were to go public about you two, it could literally be career suicide for him. There's been too many idols caught up in too many stupid scandals over something as trivial as a relationship. Then they never have a comeback. Korean netizens are ruthless. If he was gonna go public, trust me, you would've already been brought in for a meeting with every company head there is at BigHit." 
"I don't even know what kind of ticket I have for the event yet anyways," I decided to let the topic slide, not wanting to see Soo riled up and feel my heart sink any further. "I mean for all I know, I could be in the normal audience."
"Mmmm...I doubt that too. Jungkook is a pretty romantic guy when he wants to be."
"How the heck do you know that?" It was my turn to slap her on the arm. Soo gave me a quick wink before walking away, "I can just tell."

The week passed in a blur. Before I knew it, I was standing at the boarding gate of my flight to Vegas with a small carry on in tow and a backpack slung over my shoulder. I handed the lady my phone, who scanned the ticket QR code and handed it back. I thanked her, grabbed my stuff, and scurried along down the long dock and into the plane before I got mobbed by the people with economy tickets. I've never flown first class before but I'm sure he did all the time. I wasn't used to the flight attendants reaching to put my baggage in the over head bin for me or being the first ones to get snacks and drinks when they came rolling down the aisle. Definitely was not used to the oversized, reclining chairs with extra leg space but you know......might as well enjoy the upgrade. I put the seat back and curled up under the free blanket they gave us, trying to catch up on some sleep before we get there. Since this was only a nap, I didn't dream anything. I woke up mostly due to the pilot announcing our arrival to Las Vegas and partially also cause I really needed to go pee.

The flight wasn't too bad since I knocked out for most of it. Getting actual good sleep nowadays is a rare occurrance and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter