Pickup lines & Awkward, pretty girls (Wheesun)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Prompt: Wheein just wants a good class, not a pretty girl next to her and suddenly she panics blurting out:

 

 

"So.. Uh, what are your interests, Wheein-ssi?"

 

"You."

 

In that moment, as Wheein awkwardly winked while popping a fake finger gun at the girl, she knew that she messed up.

 

Yongsun's face had already twisted into a half confused, half embarrassed shade of red.

 

__

 

"Woah, you did mess up big time."

 

Hyejin looked up from her phone screen with a raised eyebrow.

 

"I know! It just... popped out! Am I really that cool?" Her arms were waving out in different directions on the bed and Wheein was basically having a minor panic attack.

 

It was mostly due to the cute music major student (that she totally had no crush on) being sat next to one of her classes.

 

Except now, the dirty blonde had pretty much ruined any chance of Yongsun speaking to her again. Now, Yongsun probably thought Wheein was a hotshot or something-- which she wasn't, of couse. Everybody who knew her could testify in three words. Awkward-weird-artist.

 

"Okay. One, you are not cool, ever. Two, Byulyi-yah said that you were so awkward that she felt it from across the room. So, no. You aren't."

 

Leave it to Hyejin to smooth things over. Wheein sighed, "Wow. Thanks, best friend." She muttered sarcastically.

 

"Anytime. Now," The black haired beauty spun around, "we have to teach you the arts of flirting. Even I have to say that was pretty smooth."

 

"But I thought you sai-"

 

"Yongsun sunbaenim has that first impression of you, and obviously you're charming when you're panicked. Do you happen to have a leather jacket?"

 

__

 

Okay, so maybe... Hyejin had dressed her up. And it's not so much that Wheein minds it, it's just more that she's being forced to wear uncomfortable ("it's called being hot, idiot.") clothes. Also the fact that people who didn't not notice her before, are noticing now isn't the most pleasant thing ever.

 

She slides into her seat, slouching over the desk and ignores Byulyi on the other side of the room cheering her on with very intentional flaps of the arms while looking like a leather jacked chicken. It would be quite a laughable thing if not for the body that slips in beside hers, rendering absolutely everything in Wheein's useless mind to uttet pieces as the smell of damp hair and spicy vanilla fills her nose.

 

The clock reads ten minutes before the class starts, so basically, Wheein is sitting there like an absolute goose and she ran a hand through her own hair nervously as she peeks through messy bangs to see a flustered Yongsun.

 

"Um," Yongsun seems to take a big breath, "How are you?" She tries, hair swinging way too close to Wheein's face which, aka means smell overload, aka brain failure for the second time.

 

"I- uh..."

 

Someone is howling on the other side of the classroom and it made Wheein panic.

 

"It's even better now that I see you."

 

She mumbled weakly, wanting to squish her body into a box and throw it into the sea but settles for crumbling into the textbook plus silence. Another peal of laughter has begun, it sounds like Byulyi, probably is Byulyi. And Wheein is thinking about maybe switching seats when the professor calls out, "These are your permanent seats, please keep them, I do like orderliness."

 

Then the detail of this being an AP class and all that shizam comes back. Wheein pinches her nose mentally because why the heck had she decided to take this class?

 

She lives through an hour of pure awkward tension with the occasional glance over to check the clock secretly before finally, the professor stopped his pacing, informin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter