Glitter and Convenience stores (2eunbi x Yerin)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Prompt: Everything is great. Until Eunha meets pretty people and spills glitter on them. 

 

 

To be completely honest. Eunha doesn't know why people even come to the crappy convenience store where she works.

 

It's old. Looks junky. The prices are shoot through the roof high (like...who the frick pays 6 dollars for a drink).

 

Yet she's here, leaning against the register in the near empty place, playing a stupid riddle game on her phone while waiting for customers at three in the morning.

 

Where she lives, it's disturbingly cold from being close to the sea and that's exactly one of the reasons Eunha's trying to make enough money to get fix her heater in the tiny little apartment she rents (just recently she has to start worrying about new tenants moving in next door).

 

And for all of Eunha's patience, only a few people ever drop a coin in the tip jar. Besides, the only people that would come to the small store was usually a tourist or something.

 

"What do you mean I have to watch ads to get more coins!?"

 

Eunha scowled at her phone before setting it down on the conveyer belt as she waited for another chance at the riddle. If Yewon hadn't been on vacation, she could have finished up the game in a few minutes.

 

The bell rung and she called out the normal "Welcome" as she looked up, only catching a flash of brown and blonde.

 

Shrugging, she looked back down at her phone. Probably was just a late night stranger or strangers. Eunha shivered when the breeze from the opened door caught up and wondered if it was the best idea to not take a jacket with her. She also considered why she was working here (like she did every time her shift was late).

 

Then (as always) Eunha remembered she was trying to fix her heater so her feet wouldn't freeze off and make her even shorter then she already was. Well. Figuratively speaking.

 

Mumbles were coming from asle four. But Eunha heard the beeping of her phone and glanced down to see that only one coin had been restored. One. Freaking. Coin. Great, her night was filled with excitement.

 

"Oy, is this line open?"

 

Eunha jerked her head up at the obviously sarcastic question, eyes open at the owner of the low voice. Who was pretty. So pretty. Much more prettier then the girls on those stupid, old magazines that her coworker had pulled out the back storage.

 

Actually, there were two incredibly pretty girls. Just the second one's arms were filled with things. Like. A lot of things. And the fact that they were wearing padded jackets made it look like she was a marshmallow.

 

"Uh- yes, yes of course." She sputtered, forgetting about her phone and plugged the password into the old monitor.

 

With a heavy, the other girls carefully put everything on the belt, and Eunha vaguely wondered why they had picked here of all places to get items. Maybe they didn't know that things here weren't the best quality...or maybe they were too caught up in themselves to care; The taller one was tucked into the low voiced one, whispering things.

 

Eunha automatically moved the scanner over a... bag of sour grummy worms? Banana pudding? A pie crust?

 

She didn't say anything about the weird items because "Eunbi is awkward as a frog" and brushed her hair behind her ear.

 

Inside, she really didn't understand why she was disappointed by the shows of affection. They were just two strangers that were really pretty. Super pretty.

 

"The answer is a stamp, by the way." First pretty girl said suddenly. Grinning at how Eunha looked confused.

 

"Your game, Eunbi used to play that a lot."

 

Second pretty girl clarified sweetly, pointing to her phone as she rested her chin on "Eunbi's" shoulder.

 

"I'm Eunbi though....?" Eunha squirmed in the cool air. She finished checking out the items, moving on to bagging while other Eunbi counted out some money.

 

"Hwang Eunbi is my full name, Sinb shortwise." She heard the low voice say. Was it a tiny bit weird that Eunha found herself somehow embarrassed of the rundown store? Struggling, Eunha replied, "Jung Eunbi,"

 

"I'm a Jung too! We have so much in common." The second girl cheered, letting go of Eunbi (or...Eunbi two), practically falling over the side of the counter, "Jung Yerin, at the service of all pretty girls such as yoursel-"

 

She stifled a laugh and a blush at the same time as Eunha watched the newly introduced girl get punched in the arm.

 

"Owwww...that hurt...." Yerin began whining but was interrupted,

 

"Shut up, you're too direct."

 

"But-"

 

"Yeah, she is pretty but you don't need to say it," Eunbi flashed a charming grin towards the cashier but stink eyed Yerin and finished paying, "Thanks."

 

"Y-you're welcome." The short haired girl lifted up the bag, handing it over to her name alike.

 

"Bye Jung Eunbi."

 

The two chimed in together and just like that, they had disappeared out of the door.

 

Eunha just closed her eyes, counted to three, and all but collapsed onto the counter.

 

Her phone dinged. Upon checking, the notification said "You have regained two coins!"

 

At least Eunha knew the answer.

 

__

 

Another day later, Eunha was standing behind the cash register, shivering even as she had a coat on. The old air conditioner had broken and everything including herself was frozen. Sort of.

 

"It's freezing."

 

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Sana."

 

"Why do I work here again?"

 

"Don't know, why do you?" Okay. Maybe Eunha was in a grumpy mood.

 

In any case however, Sana just dramatically said, "Because you, my one true love is here!"

 

"...If Mina-unnie heard you, you'd be without a girlfriend, unnie."

 

Eunha stretched her numb fingers before resuming her restocking the gum and whatnot that belonged up on the counter shelves. Staring half at her phone and half at the shelves, she as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter