Walks and Slips. (Wheesun)

The adventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Prompt; Wheein takes a walk and is 99% sure that a realllly pretty girl broke her ankle.)

 

Wheein loved to take walks, it was at the top of her list to take one after a rainy patch and everything smelled nice. She would often go on many different routes around Seoul which made her quite familiar with certain roads or recommended walks. It was nice but Wheein liked to explore new places to go, it gave her a thrill that couldn't be found if she just followed a normal route.

 

Which brought us to her newest planned out walk. Wheein had been on it for a few times already. The first time she had hesitantly ventured onto the unknown path, her eyes had constantly been drawn to the beautiful features that came with fall and rain.

 

But the most popping thing had been a particular little house with a very neat, clean yard. Never any leaves, the flowers were beautiful. It was just pretty in general but no sight of an owner had ever been around when the girl passed.

 

Ever since those few times, Wheein minted that route "special", making it so only after raining, could she walk there.

 

There is also one main rule that she followed to a perfect tee. Except for right now.

 

Try to walk right after it rained.

 

  --

 

"Crap, if I'm any later then I'll have to make the walk shorter... "

 

Wheein grumbled. After saying those words, the feeling of being late to her normal walk made everything else seem much more unbearable.

 

It's her favourite "rainy" route too, so the girl power walked to her car, cursing her alarm for not going off, missing half of her literature class and slipped in. She threw her keys in, bag on the passenger seat before pulling out and away down the road.

 

It's been a day or two since the last rainfall, puddles are still skirting the roads in a polka-dot fashion. Wheein's work is the blame for being late for the usual walk, her normally slow job at the local coffee spot in town called in for double shifts- being a collage student, of course she accepted the shift plus the extra money. Not that it made her less grumpy for her stress relieving walk.

 

Not being far, she quickly found a open spot and got out. Wheein breathed in; The recent rain made the air fresh. Perfect for a nice walk.

 

Time and stress seemed to disappear while walking down the road. Wheein immersed herself in the sun, really pretty humming and the golded leaved trees that guarded this spot.

 

Yes, the humming combined with soft flutterings of leaves instantly rose Wheein's mood to a happy level an-

 

Wait.

 

What?

 

Wheein's head jerked, surprised to know that a person had made themselves known to her. It was then when she realised that she had reached the house of the neat little yard.

 

But even if Wheein squinted her eyes against the warm sun, she couldn't spot anyone until the humming had paused and a metal ringing took its place. Making out a figure, the collage student crouched down and peered blindly towards it until she quickly understood that it was a dog.

 

A dog that bounced up and down before running pell-mell towards her.

 

Okay. Okay, what do you do when a dog runs at you, possibly mad, possibly capable of ripping your leg off. Wheein froze. Unable to make a proper choice, the dog came closer... and closer...

 

Warm, wet were delivered to her ankles, Wheein forced a closed eyelid to open a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter