Confrontation. I

Twisted Fate.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Kai woke up a little late, he glanced at the alarm clock on his bedside that read 8: 14 am. He sighed rubbing his palm over his face. His eyes darted to his phone to check if Sehun had called or texted to remind him about their plans for today. But he was met with none. May be Sehun was probably still sleeping, and Kai would love to be the one to wake his friend up. He was not able to see Sehun when he took Shixun home yesterday, but that's okay as long as he would be seeing him today. He shot up and wandered into the the bathroom for his morning rituals. Kai dressed up in a pair of Gucci button up shirt with a blue skinny jeans, he combed his hair and checked his appearance one more time before exiting his room. His dad was sat in the living room reading a newspaper article like he always did every morning when Kai reached down stairs, he greeted his dad and was about to walk out when the elder called him. He stopped and turned to look at his father, the latter gestured his hand for Kai to come forward. "Yes dad!" Kai said coming to stand in front of his dad. "Sit down I want to ask you a few things"
Kai did as instructed and looked up to his father expectantly ."How is Sehun doing?" He asked. "He's doing good, I was just about to go see him now" His dad hummed. "To really see him or to see his brother?" Flushed a little, Kai nodded. "To see him– I mean Sehun" Kim Heechul nodded but there was a slight displeased look on his face."I want to know if you still have plans to go the same University with him like you told me a few months back" "Of course I do, why are you asking?" He inquired "His father called me and he's thinking on sending him to the states." He told Kai. "Yeah, it's one of our many options but he still haven't decided on which school to choose from, he said he'll talk to his dad about it– well I guess he did" "So are you going to go to Yale as well or you have another school in mind?" Kai shook his head. "No, I will go to where ever Sehun decided to go" he said with finality in his tone. His dad obviously looked pleased with the response. "Good then, you can go now and send my regards to Sehun and his parents" he specified, and Kai knew his father was silently telling him he didn't fully approved of Shixun as his son's boyfriend which wasn't a new thing to Kai.  But he's still wondering why his family didn't like the idea of him being with Shixun, as far as he could tell the other hasn't done anything bad to attorn for being such disliked. He sighed inwardly. "Yes I will tell them. And we'll discuss about Yale with Sehun again today" His father hummed and dismissed him with a wave of his hand. Kai stood up and bowed politely before walking toward the door, he met Jennie walking inside the house as he was stepping out. She gave him a side glance and proceeded to walk in but Kai quickly caught her wrist halting her from moving forward.  "What's your problem?"she asked obviously  irritated. "No you tell me Jennie, what's your problem? You've been acting out of your character lately, I get you don't like my boyfriend but that does not give you the right to treat me like " "I am not treating you like oppa" Jennie defended. "Then what?" Kai asked, he hated this, he hated the way his family was taking things because of Shixun, especially his sister. Jennie had not been just a sister to Kai but also a friend and they shared a special bond, and he didn't know why but he just felt he needed his sister's support. "Please Jennie tell me why you don't like Shixun" She stared at him for a moment and opened to say something but she later decided against it and clamped  shut. "Please" Kai pleaded he really wanted to know what his sister's reason was. "I am sorry oppa, I will treat you better from now on" she said hanging her head low. "It's not about you just treating me better, I want to know what's going on on your mind" She lifted her head to look at him "I wish I could tell you the real reason, but I couldn't. it's not my place to say it, but one thing I can tell you for sure is; Shixun isn't the right one for you, you made the wrong choice and we your family knows that" she said as she gently pulled her hand from his grasp, "You lost your ity to the wrong person who doesn't deserve it oppa" she gave him an apologetic smile before proceeding into the house. Kai was more confused now, he didn't understand what his sister meant by he made the wrong choice, then who the hell was the right one for him? Sehun? But Sehun didn't feel the same, what was he supposed to do? He wished they would stop with their cryptic ways and just tell him who they wanted him to be with already. He rubbed his temple and sighed exasperatedly before he walked to the car garage where his Bugatti Veyron was kept.
Thirty minutes later he was driving into the Ohs mansion, the watchguards greeted him with slight bow of their heads and Kai waved a hand at them as he drove inside.(they all knew who Kai was and there was no need to contact the Ohs before allowing him through, Oh Donghae had made it clear that Kai was always welcome whenever he decided to show up and it seemed the guards were doing their job pretty well.) Kai packed his car in the parking lot available inside the Ohs mansion, his eyes catching the sight of a new Lamborghini he'd never seen before but didn't bother to pounder on it. The Ohs were rich, they must have probably gotten a new car for one of their sons or themselves. With that thought ,he excited his car before making his way inside. He pushed the double doors that led Into the mansion. He was met with a few maids doing their chores as he walked down the hallway that led to the living room of the ground floor, his eyes caught the sight of Mr. Oh and his husband sat in the living room as they discussed on something intensely. Kai cleared his throat and they both raised their heads to look at him. Mr. Oh smiled at him, but his prosecutor husband (Sehun's carrier father) didn't, which was unusual, Sehun's carrier father had always welcomed Kai with open arms since he'd returned and that made Kai to wonder what was going on,.  Perhaps Kai did something wrong? But he bowed deeply and greeted them with a smile "Good morning Uncles" he said still smiling. "Morning son" Sehun's dad said with a smile but his smile flattered and it was enough for Kai to know something was definitely wrong. But he didn't dare ask anything about that. Instead he asked."Is Sehun home?" He watched carefully as Sehun's dad reluctantly nodded "He's in his room, I guess he's still sleeping" Kai grinned albeit the uneasiness in his gut.
"Good, I will love to wake him up" Sehun's dad hummed and he pointed at the stairs, "go ahead" he said before turning his attention back to his husband, who had been staring at Kai with an unreadable expression. Kai took that as his cue and he bowed one again time before walking toward the stairs, as he took the flight of stairs he couldn't help but turn slightly to look at Sehun's parents and he was met with their piercing eyes that seemed almost unforgiving. Kai shuddered and he quick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter