Treasure Box

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeng is at my house, just watching baseball with dad again. Sana unnie and Momo unnie are out with the other two kids, look like they getting close these days.

"Chaengie" I call out to him.
 

"Yeah?" he answers with eyes still locked to the television screen.
 

"Wanna go out?" I ask, settling down next to him. I already completed my homework doing some revision and now I'm bored.

"I'm watching Minari, later" 
 

"Ahhh~please~~" I whine, holding his arms as shake it. He let his body swayed left and right before he finally looks at me.
 

"Father! Look at her whining, please do something" He rebukes. I quickly throw a dirty look and glare at my dad, signalling him to take my side.

 

"Mi----" Dad press his lips then awkwardly laugh "Haha just go with her Chae, she really has her mother death stare"
 

"What? Urrgg alright let me go first" He says pushing me away by flicking my forehead. And that's hurt but never mind, I won't be mad since he agreed. I'll let it pass.
 

"Where are you going?" I ask when he suddenly stands and walks away.
 

"To the bathroom, Why? Wanna join?" He smirks.
 

I don't answer but blush crazily. He got me,  geez, I hate it when it happened.

"Look at your face! It's like a toma--"
He laughs earning a smack at the back of his head from my mom.

"Wha-? Mother~ ouch"

"Stop teasing her, " Mom says as she put the tray full of fruits on the table then sits beside me. I stick my tongue out at him who glaring at me. Dad really doesn't care and just continue watching the game. Good job dad

"And you----" Mom adds, turn around to face me

"Yeah?"

flick

Geez not again. Why? Arrgh my forehead hurts. It's exactly at the same place where chaeng flick it earlier. "Mom?! Why me?!" I cried, rubbing my forehead. I bet it's super red now.
 

"You already grow up. Don't force Chaeng to come with you" Mom scolds.

Seriously?!

I can see him at the corner of my eyes making stupid faces mocking me behind my mom back. I wish I could punch him and get rid of that annoying smile.

Errgh I hate him.







 

*  *  *  *

I stand stoned to the view in front of me. Heat crashing down on me like an ocean of lava. I can hear the thick clanking of rides moving, the shuddering of rails and tracks, and the screams of their passengers as they are whipped around.

 

Theme Park.

 

My greatest nightmare. My eyes shiver as I snap my head to Chaengie who's paying our entrance ticket. How do we end up here? Both of us bickered about where to go until we came out with a conclusion, to play the Pop Up Pirate Barrel Roulette Game. And I lose, I'm good at games but that doesn't mean I'm lucky.

 

"Chaeng, I can only ride the Carousel. That's it" I noted. The Cub laughs and pushes me to enter.

 

My stomach fills with even more butterflies of nervousness as we approach the ride, the screams of the passengers making me want to disappear. "Come on, Pingu, let's have some fun." Chaeng nudges me in the side, and I nearly jump out of my skin.
 

"Yeah, fun." I breathe feeling oxygen leave my body as we walk closer to the lady with the headset. I look at the ride, raising my head up and up, and up, and up then realize, it's a freaking Drop Tower. I harshly tug Chaeng's leather jacket in panic "Are you deaf!? I said Carousel, Merry-Go-Round. What are you doing!?"
 

"Having fun?" He tilts his head. I scoff and starts to escape. This is ridiculous. I still wanted to live. But before I could, the lady grabs my arms and smile as she guides me to my seat. I'm speechless. Chaengie chuckles and sits next to me. I feel like I want to rip his mouth for laughing at me.

 

More passengers get it and the ride begins. I let out a shuddering sigh. The rumbling sounds monopoly my conscious as the gondola drags itself up with effort. I'm strapped into my seat tight but I'm still worrying. My hands tighten on the bar and my breath quickens in fear. Chaeng peek at me "It's awfully high isn't it?" He laughs nervously, no not because he's afraid of the ride but because of me. I'm sure my face has turn green.
 

I try not to think about what happens when we reach the top. I look around to distract yourself, and for a moment I can see an entire kingdom of laughter and food and swooping machinery, then...I feel Chaeng sneak in and intertwine our hands, giving it a little squeeze of assurance. Although my hand is trembling, I clutch at his fingers anyway. In case if I indeed fall from the gondola, I'm bringing him with me. I won't die alone!

 

Soon, the gondola drop. It happens so fast, all I can make out is a blur of colour. Yellow, blues, and reds stream pass me up and down as blinding speed. All I can hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter