My Santa

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina finally is able to go home with doctor's approval and Mina's parents, but with a condition that she'll need to be monitored by a health care provider until delivery. The girl is given steroids to help the baby’s lungs develop faster in case she'll go into labour early. Chaeyoung takes leave in absence at his college and focused only at Mina and their child since there are at the crucial time where he knows she needs him the most. 
 

Mina sits quietly, knitting a pink baby beanie while Chaeyoung will glance at her once in a while. They are heading to Mr and Mrs Myoui house as they will stay there for a week.
 

He takes the red light as an opportunity to stare at Mina and smiles by the lovely sight. When his eyes land on her bump, his smiles grow wider to the thought that they'll meet their newborn in a few more weeks and he couldn't help to hides his excitement.
 

Mina stops knitting as she feels a pair of eyes watching her. She looks to her side and surprise when Chaeyoung already smiles at her. She reciprocated the smiles and tie the final knot on the beanie then diverts her attention to him. "Want to hold hand?" She suggests opening her palm and without hesitation, the guy happily catches her hand while the other holding the steering.
 

He brings their intertwined hands closer to him and lightly kisses hers. Mina smiles and does the same but not on his hand. She leans over, pecking his cheeks. "In these three months, be with me for the whole time. Don't leave me even for a second"
 

If he isn't looking at her, he will laugh as he thought her statement is a joke but no. Mina stared at him deeply with her straight face. He let out an awkward chuckle, wondering about the sudden changes of behaviour.
 

"I will"





 

*  *  *  *

"Mina" Mrs Myoui utter after she opens the door. Mina forces a smile when at that moment how badly she wants to cry. Her mom apron is a staple of her childhood, pattern with all earthly things, from flowers to trees. When she thinks of it the aromas of her mom's fresh baking come flooding into Mina's brain, her heart leaps and there is that moment of serenity. Mina sees her mom in that apron, arms wide, a hug just a few steps away.
 

She hurriedly jumps to her mother's embrace while Chaeyoung is a step behind, he bows to Mr Myoui and receives a nod from him.
 

"I miss you" Mina mumbles against her mother's shoulder.  
 

That day, Mina laugh and smile nonstop. It seems like family time work effectively in making her happy. The house looks even lively since Tzuyu and Dahyun are there. Though Chaeyoung is a bit upset that Mina concentration is fully on her family members, he understands and gives her space she needs to.
 

The wall clock is showing at seven sharp p.m. Mrs Myoui is busy preparing snacks in the kitchen with Mina while the others are inside the living room. The boys and the girls are playing carrom game whereas Tzuyu, paired with Sana against Dahyun and Momo. Chaeyoung and Mr Myoui are playing Go and it's Chaeyoung's turn to make a move but the guy seems to lose the game. Well, he never wins if it's against his father no matter how much he practised except......
 

"There," A hand point to an empty space on the board. Chaeyoung looks to his side where Mina settles down with a plate of fruit on her lap. She feeds the guy a slice of mango and gestures him to follow as what she instructed. Chaeyoung smiles and obeys the girl since Mina is the only person who can beat Mr Myoui when it comes to Go. The father chuckle and nods, his face turns serious the moment Mina joins the game.
 

"We won" Chaeyoung mumble after they finish counting the stone on board including the captured and komi. Mr Myoui sigh and boringly glare at Mina who hides behind Chaeyoung's back, laughing quietly.
 

"Chaeyoung, can we talk?" Sana interrupts as she approaches him. He glances at Mina and sees the girl's subtle nod.
 

"Sure" He excuses himself and let Mina play another round with her dad. Sana leads him to the second-floor balcony. The wind is chill, and the stars burned with the brilliant sapphire pallor of electric light. He gazes to the sky while Sana sits on the bench.
 

"So, what is your plan after Mina gives birth?"
 

Chaeyoung sigh heavily "It's up on her whether she wants me to stay or not. I'll follow what she wishes. I can raise the baby alone and separated with her or she can raise the baby and I'll visits time to time if she wants too. After all, she doesn't share the same feelings as I do noona" He whispers the last sentence, giving it to the wind to brings along his words.
 

Unbeknownst to them, someone is listening to their conversation. The girl hangs her head low and goes downstairs, thinking it's wrong to eavesdropping.
 

"Just don't give up on her. She might not realize her feelings yet" Sana convince him, giving the guy a pat on his back as she moves and stands beside him. "You know, she always late when it comes to this kind of things. Talk to her once more" Chaeyoung doesn't answer her but only gives a half-smiles then look up to the sky again.
 

"By the way, how about you? What's the doctor said?" Sana asks, facing the younger.
 

"I'm okay now noona. There's no need for surgery. The doctor said I can rely on the medication and if I determined enough. I'll fully be healed" He smiles assuringly and tap his chest. But it's not enough to ease the worries she has for him. Chaeyoung's mother suffers the same disease as he is and because of that, she left at an early age.
 

"I know you don't want to make your family worry but there will be a time where they need to know, even I take notice of your condition by accidentally read your email"
 

Chaeyoung shakes his head "It's not that severe Noona. I can take care of myself"
 

Again, a sigh escaped Sana's lips because of the cub's stubbornness "Alright then, just know that I'm here. You can tell me everything" Chaeyoung nods to the remarks and thanks the older. Just then a knock is heard, they find the resource of the sound revealing Mina with a tray of teacups. Chaeyoung doesn't show his shocked expression upon Mina's appearance and manages to stay calm. He's afraid that Mina heard their talk just now.
 

"She just comes," Sana states, reading what is on his mind. She does see her sister from her peripheral view, climbing the stairs and knock to the glassy slide door. "I guess I'll take my leave now" Sana smiles at them and walks away to the heated laugh and talk in the living room.
 

"What are you guys talking about? Did I miss something?" Mina asks out of curiosity, putting the tray on the small table as she sits on the bench. Chaeyoung copied the girl, sitting beside her.
 

"Just some random things"
 

Mina doesn't bother to ask further and just rest her head on his shoulder while the guy wraps his hand around her. "I don't see you much today" She whispers and snuggles closer, hugging his waist. She feels guilty after listening to Chaeyoung's speech.
 

"I don't want to give you hope and in the end, leaving you alone. Isn't that painful?"
 

They stay in each other arms, bathing in the moonlight with beautiful blinking fairy lights in the night sky.
 

"Chaeyoungie" She calls out. The latter hums in respond while caressing her hair.
 

"Can we go to the arcade...like now?" She asks unsurely. Chaeyoung looks down and smiles as he cups her cheeks.
 

"Let's go"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When they got there, a couple of kids and teenagers are playing video games. Mina couldn't wait but to get in there and play too, it's been a long time she hasn't been to the place. Though they have a mini arcade in their house, she hasn't entered the room just yet, besides this place is completed compared to the one in their house.
 

Unfortunately, a look of disappointment visible on Mina's face as the arcade is packed with people where every game is already being played. Chaeyoung who takes notice of her expression, smiles and tap the brunette's shoulder. "Don't worry, I'll be back" He whispers to her ears since the place is quite noisy with all the murmuring and the sound effect from the games.
 

Mina watches Chaeyoung walk over and meets with the person who runs the place. The owner then disappears into a room that is far at the corner of the arcade while Chaeyoung swings his feet back to her. Just then, an announcement is heard;
 

"I am sorry for the sudden changes, but the arcade will be closed shortly----" Hearing those, Mina look at Chaeyoung with confusion while the guy only shrugs and gesture her to continue listening "--We apologize for the ongoing games, please wait in the counter outside for refunds, thank you"
 

Some of the kids groan and whine as soon as the announcement over, but still pushing themselves to leave the place. Mina is a bit hesitant whether they should get out of the place or stay but judging by the look of Chaeyoung, he doesn't seem to have the intention to move.
 

Once the place is empty, Chaeyoung faced the bewildered penguin and smiles "Now, enjoy" He says and make his way to her back, lightly pushing the girl.
 

"W-wait. Did you asked them to---"
 

"Yup" He cut in "So, which game do you want to play first?" He roams his eyes around the place while suggesting a game they should start with. Mina shakes her head then mindlessly goes to the nearest machine.
 

"You're unbelievable" She murmurs, surprised by his action but she couldn't deny tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter