Quandary

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


To my baby, I wanted to write to you because this moment, this one quiet moment dad is having difficulty. Momma is very sick and it makes dad feels really bad. And I hope my baby is fine too. Be a good child and don't make momma worried okay. Baby, dad, and mom already in love with you and we can't wait to see you and we will love you. Always.
Β 

Chaeyoung lay down his pen after writing a few words in the colorful book, not forgetting to add the date on the bottom of the page. He closes the book and averted his gaze to the girl in front; lying with her eyes shut. She must be still sleeping as the guy visit her early in the morning. Sana was there to accompany Mina through the night, but she just went home to change her clothes and to buy breakfast for Mina. The room is expectedly silenced only the beeping sound from the machine could be heard.
Β 

Chaeyoung sigh and gently put his head above Mina's bump and listen to their child's heartbeats. 'It's faint beat' he thought as he closes his eyes to focus hearing the sound.
Β 

"Morning"

Β 

He snapped and blink because of the greeting whisper. Finding out that Mina already has her eyes on him. He smiles weakly before he leans over and lightly kisses her forehead whilst Mina closes her eyes and smile afterward. He lowers his gaze to find her orbs "Morning, sleeping beauty" he murmured then brushes their nose. The guy helps her to sit comfortably on the bed.
Β 

"How's your feeling?" Chaeyoung draws away and holds her hand, giving it a quick blow to warm it.
Β 

"Better"

He nods and caresses her finger, placing the back of his palm on his cheeks "The doctor said you are able to go home but I think it's better if you stayed in the hospital. I'm worried if something bad happens again" his voice laced with concern while his eyes soften.
Β 

"I've been admitted for a month. Are you going to let me stay until delivery? That's three months from now. I feel like living in a cage" Mina his cheeks by the thumb and smile assuringly "I'll be fine. I miss home" she said trying to persuade the guy. Though missing home is not the only reason or even the real reason why she badly wants to discharged from the hospital. She wanted to spend as much as time she can with her family and most importantly him, Chaeyoung. She wanted to do all the things she hasn't, said the things she kept to herself, witness the places she hasn't been; together with him.
Β 

Chaeyoung sigh and hesitantly nods, he can't resist the girl's pouting and her puppy eyes anyway. He unknowingly chuckles "I'll talk to the doctor and your parents" Mina flashes her gummy smile, that's one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. It's beautiful, more than anything he ever saw, more than all of the flowers he planted. Suppose he happened to know a unique flower, one that exists nowhere in the world except his planet. She is the most mystical flower that carried magic secrets in her eyes, that cast fragrance and radiance over him. And that one, the beauty inside her.

Β 

"You're blooming" He murmurs as he stares her bright face. His brown eyes are lightened under the light touch of the morning sky, it beams penetrating through the window while he scans every bit of her feature. They eyes met and Mina cannot help but to grin and pinch his nose.

Β 

"Is that the way you're saying I'm pretty? Or what" She joked, which earn a playful glare from him. "Or...are you flirting?" She smirks as twitched, fighting a smile.

Β 

"You're not pretty" Chaeyoung's tone is flat as he releases her hand and rests his chin on his palm. Looking away, he breaks their eyes contact and stares out the window where mellow blues and pinks blurred together in a silver mist to create breathtaking scenery.
Β 

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart" He averted his gaze and look at the confuse and nervous girl "The thing is, you own both" his face colored crimson red as he prepared himself to said the next w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter