Confession

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

• Chapter 42 •

 

Previously,
 

 

"You're being extra generous today. Something good happens? Or.." Mina smile and bend forward, smirking at him "Do you want something from me?" She playfully asks just to tease the cub but Chaeyoung stays still, not even affected by her jokes and just stare at her.
 

"Yes," Chaeyoung mindlessly answers. His voice firm that causes mina blinks and pulls away, she breaks their eyes contact when she feels his intense stare.
 

"What is it?"
 

Your love.


 

• Chapter 43 •

 

Chaeyoung presses his lips and smile. He knows Mina for years, and that expression she's showing means uneasy, confusion and something else he couldn't understand and those unknown things are ignored by him.
 

"Nothing"
 

Mina's eyes twitches. She isn't that numb to notice his changing behaviour. When she looks at him at the moment, Now, it feels like the usual him is back; the warm and funny guy she always knew. The girl isn't satisfied with his answer, just a minute before he says yes and now taking back his words aren't acceptable for her. Although she wants to confront the younger, something stopping her from saying anything more.
 

"Mina, do you really know him despite being friends for years. You said he changed but what if the one that you see now is the true him? I don't have a place to say anything more but, he'll tell you. Just wait for him"
 

Mina sigh and continue finishing her food, deciding to follows Sana's advice which is to 'Wait for him' She looks up again and an idea pops inside her. "Chaeyoungie" She reaches his hand and taps it, calling for him. The cub raises his brows, asking if she needs anything. Mina beams her gummy smile.
 

"Let's play a game. 100 questions. But I'm the one who's asking and you're the one who answers, truthfully"
 

Chaeyoung's brow connected as he still processing the girl's suggestion. He opens his mouth then close it again, loss of words. After a minute pass, he asks, "What for? I mean why?"
 

"Just....for fun" She exclaims, smiling at him. Nope, it's not for a simple game but a chance for Mina to recognize him. Maybe it sounds childish and stupid, but the point is to get to know him on a deep level all over again, so they can connect, so they can be closer. The fact that she can feel him a thousand miles away from her, sometimes seen him as a complete stranger, and how it bothers her that her sister---Sana seems to know the guy more than her, who is his best friend makes her upset....and maybe envy. She just wants to meet the real him.
 

"O...kay, " Chaeyoung nods slowly, understanding. He considers the small game she offers and a bit terrified at the outcome. It'll feel like he's interrogated and cornered in a place where he can't escape. Though his mind rejects it, his heart wants to tell her, wants to show her, and most importantly want her to acknowledge him and to finally sees him.
 

"....but, isn't it a bit unfair?" He trails off.
 

Mina hums and thinks for a while, trying to come up with something "Umm, you can ask me questions and I'll answer" She says, but the guy already has something planned in his mind. He half-heartedly smiles "No need, I know you too well". He shifts his eyes back to her and that solemn expression change into a mockery face.
 

"How about...you grant me a wish every ten answers I gave?" He chewed his cheeks, aren't sure where this conversation will lead to and what will be her reaction to his probably the dumbest and most bravery suggestion ever.
 

"I'm fine with it," She agreed, taking it a challenge. "So, what do you want?"
 

Chaeyoung slowly heaves a sigh, fighting back the smile that wants to break out. Lucky for him that his ears are hidden among his hair, unknown by the girl how rosy it is. He leans forward, resting an arm on the table while he tilts his head to the side. Mina just watches his movement in confusion, wondering why he doesn't say anything. Then it occurred to her when Chaeyoung points his cheeks with his index finger and glance at her, wearing that silly grin.
 

"A kiss on the cheeks?" She asks and the guy nods wordlessly, still smiling, showing off his deep dimple. The girl let out a small laugh then lay back to her seat as she narrows her eyes at him. Chaeyoung chuckles and pulls back, feeling small and weak under her stare.
 

"Nah, I'm just kidd---"
 

"Alright" Mina cut off, smiling at him.





 

*  *  *  *

"Iron man or...Captain America?" Mina asks as she puts a potato chip inside the trolley while eating a french fries. The guy just smiles as he pushes the shopping cart, trailing the girl, while time to time, sneakily place whatever convenience food she put inside, back to the shelf.
 

"I prefer Aquaman"
 

The brunette nods, her back is facing him as she walks two feet ahead. Still adding late snacks---fruit pies, candies, chocolate bar, packaged cookies, and few more different brands just thrown at the basket.
 

Chaeyoung sigh staring at his---soon to be wife, who's a shopping liability. Especially when it comes to her friend, junk food. It's not because he hates those foods she buys but the girl always eats too much junk food to the point it concerns him. If he sends her to the store to get a hamburger, they'll get chips, ice cream, and more chips. She'll go willingly---to the store but doesn't do well staying on his list. You think you're going to make some pasta, but you don't have any noodles, you have a lot of chips.
 

After an hour of grocery shopping, they go for a moonlight stroll around the town and get lay of the land, discovering wonderful things, buy little gifts and souvenirs. They walk along the pavement having the warming, orange glow of street lamps while she has her hands hugging his arms. The shimmering sparkles of star brilliantly silhouetted into the darkness and the night fill with a pleasant silence.
 

"If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?"
 

Chaeyoung hums and side glance at the girl. It's not a tough question for him to answer but a tough decision for him to says what first comes into his mind. Quality, To be enough for you. Ability, To be perfect in your eyes.
 

"Confidence and time travel"
 

Mina stop her track and face him, "Time travel?" The younger nods and she could see his eyes are dull and empty, yet they told a story of sadness and regret. Without a single word she finally understands. A soft smile crossed her face as she pulls her hands, resting it on his shoulder.
 

"And that's the 10th question," Mina tiptoed to his side and gives him a light kiss on the cheeks. When she pulls away, the guy still rigid in his place and the sight of him makes her chuckles. Chaeyoung brings his hand and caresses the place where Mina leaves a tiny red mark due to her lipstick. His heart is pounding too hard, it makes him dizzy for a while. A bright smile showed on his face as he tries to gain his conscious from the sudden move. He does not expect that.
 

This dork and his lovely smile. Mina moves to his side and hugs his arms, gesturing the guy to continue walking but end up gently dragging him since he's still in his own little world.
 

That small action releases the tension between them earlier and replaced by a relatively timid atmosphere. It's not a negative silence but most likely shyness take over them.
 

They proceed walking leisurely admiring the view of the night while she still asking questions and he answers it with honesty. When they reach the end of the sidewalk, both glancing at each other and grin before they jump on the curb with the sound of a little thud as their feet landed on the street. Both laughing with the realization that they still act like a kid.
.
.
.
.
.

"Do you like high school life or college life more?" Mina sips her milk while gazing out of the cafe window. Her head rests against his chest as the guy sits beside her, both shared a blanket to warm themselves while listening to the light classical music. They are the only customer since it's nine at night and unlike the outside, the cafe is warm and antique.
 

Chaeyoung finds her hand and holds it. "High school," He says without hesitation.
 

"And why?"
 

"Because...you were there"
 

She smiles upon hearing it, scooted closer and leans against him. His heartbeat calms her down, closing her eyes, she tuned everything out. A yawn escapes before she slowly falls asleep.
 

Chaeyoung looks over when he feels her hand's grip loosening, only to see her sleeping face. "Sleep tight" He mutters as he runs her fingers through her hair. The guy watches her sleep with a fond smile while she wraps her arms around his waist. Chaeyoung laughs knowing that Mina really like this position and he mentally takes notes of it. He decides to carries the girl when it's already midnig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter