Coconut Hair

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung stand on the Hospital's rooftop, looking towards the scenery up front. "Hyung, stop trying to light a candle with an unlit match. Don't you feel tired? Over the never-ending cycle of depression, it's that hurtful, you cannot control another person. It's okay to let go and run" Tzuyu starts while putting his hand inside his pocket for warmth, his duffle coat flapped wildly behind his back. Chaeyoung stands on his left, hair fluttering in the wind, revealing his forehead time to time. Both stares out at the morning sky.
Β 

"It's not that simple Tzuyu ya." Chaeyoung whispers, hand gripping tightly the IV poles beside him. "I'm lying if I say I'm okay. The thing is, I'm used to it. For years, I've been through it, so why not a little bit more suffering? it's a small matter. I'm not affected by it.....But, yeah I'm exhausted"
Β 

Tzuyu turns his head and glance over his brother. Chaeyoung does the same and flashes a small smile when their eyes meet. "She gives me a second chance," He grasps the blue scarf he's wearing then avert his eyes back towards his younger brother. "I'm not going to give up until I take every opportunity to have her. Besides, it's not only about Mina and me, but it also involves our child"
Β 

"If we're separated, what will happen to the baby's future? Will she stay with her mom or her dad? The baby doesn't deserve all those lacks of attention or love....you know, I'm not only fighting for Mina but for the baby too..." He continues, it may sound like an excuse that one of the reasons he can't get rid of his feeling and wants Mina to stay with him is because of the baby. But truthfully, he already grows fond to their child. And wish to provide a nice environment and perfect family for the baby.
Β 

"I just want you to be hap--"
Β 

"I am...I'm happy Tzuyu ya" Chaeyoung cut in, assuring his younger brother. He's being honest about it. Chaeyoung is genuinely happy and thankful for his little brother's concerns.
Β 

"If you say so.." The tall trails off then shoots a glare at Chaeyoung when he remembers the cause for the recent fight. "Then, don't lie to Mina Unnie again..even over small things, cuz it does mean a lot" He says firmly, more like a command for Chaeyoung. The latter laugh nervously seeing Tzuyu with his poker face sends shivers down his spine.
Β 

"I know, I know. It's my fault and I've learned from my mistakes" Chaeyoung states but Tzuyu isn't buying it. The guy folds his arms over his chest, fully facing his brother with the judging look he throws at him. Chaeyoung just laughs and raise his hand, putting it on his forehead as he gives a military salute "Aye Aye captain. I'll obey you to the word" His smile showing off his most attractive facial features, the deep dimple.
Β 

Tzuyu scoff and walks away, Can't believe he's older than me. He shakes his head, smiling on his way "You better hurry! Or I'm just going to leave you" Shouts him, without looking back and waves his hand.
Β 

"W-what! Yahh!! won't you help your adorable brother to walk" Chaeyoung whines, as he drags the IV poles with him, pretending to walk painfully slow.
Β 

"Adorable brother my foot!"
Β 

Chaeyoung laughs at the remarks and starts to jogs when Tzuyu no longer in sight. Someone jealous. He thought. "Yah! Wait for me!!"









Β 

*Β  *Β  *Β  *

Mina greets the brothers that just arrives and ask Tzuyu to stay for lunch but the guy already has his plan---a date with Sana. Mina just laughs at the younger's lame excuse declining the offers, she knows too well that Tzuyu and her sister are finally official. She gives him a wink as he leaves the house with a red face.
Β 

Chaeyoung who stand beside the girl notices the little action Mina does and is a bit sulk about it. Mina faces him, and his pouted lips immediately turn into a smile, hiding the fact that he's a bit...a bit jealous.
Β 

"Go and change. I'll call you when I'm done with the cooking"
Β 

Chaeyoung nods and goes upstairs. He takes a quick shower and brushes his teeth in an awkward way. Groaning when the brush hit his gum too hard, his teeth might break. The cast is still on, and he's not used to the idea of leaning everything on his left hand.
Β 

Mina places the plate of food on the dining table, arranging it neatly before she makes a beeline towards her room. She knocks the door asking him if he's done but earn nothing from the inside.
Β 

"Chaeyoungie? Are you done? Let's eat" Unfortunately the calls fall into silence when again there's no response. Worried, she turns the doorknob just to witness the cub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter