The Maid

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung closes the door behind him, sighing as he heads downstairs. He first takes a first aid kit with him then goes to the bathroom. Roughly, he treats the wound and cuts, cleaning the dry blood on his nose. He splashes the cold water on his face then looks up. Forcing a smile as he stares at his reflection at the mirror. But slowly his smile fades, and his vision became blurry when his eyes wet with tears. He quickly regains himself and wipes it while having difficulty to breathe. It's suffocating.
Β 

"Just stop. Stop crying." He mumbles with an irritated tone. Frustrated at himself for being so stupid. Though he tries, it's out of his control when the tears keep flowing.
Β 

"Stop already!" He slightly yells, slapping his cheeks in an attempt to wake himself but to no avail. It's useless.
Β 

"Stop...." Slowly, he sits on the floor with his already clenching fist then hitting his chest for nonstop. It's painful, the burning. He cannot breathe. There's that certain heaviness, he wants to get rid of. He put his hand on his mouth, bitting it hard. He doesn't want to make any sound, stopping himself to shout and let everything out. The flare of flame in his chest keeps him wheezing for air. Keeping the hurt to pile up inside of him. As much as he hates the feeling of pain, he somehow likes it because he believes he deserves it. Both the physical and emotional.
Β 

Unknown to him, someone is standing behind the door. Silently listening to Chaeyoung's whimpering, gasping and low sniffle. After a minute, the person blankly walks away and ignores everything she heard.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Chaeyoung stares at the meals he just cooked, sitting on the dining table. It's morning and he remembers Mina hasn't eaten anything since yesterday. Concerned, he rings Sana and asks for help to persuade Mina to at least grab a bite knowing the girl won't eat even if he begs.
Β 

Sana arrives and exchanges small talk with Chaeyoung. She gives him an apologetic smile before she makes her way towards Mina's bedroom, carrying a tray of food that Chaeyoung has prepared.
Β 

She knocks before she gets in, witnessing Mina who's still asleep. Sana sits on the bedside chair as she places the tray down. She stares at her sister who looks disturbed, sweat forming on her forehead while her eyes closed tight. Sana starts to panic when Mina's hand shaking uncontrollably. She hurriedly wakes the girl up as she sits on the edge of the bed. Mina jumps up with a gasp and snaps her head towards Sana. She sighs in relief realizing it's her sister. Sana pulls the latter into a hug, gently rubbing her back to calm her down.
Β 

"It's just a dream Mina-ya. Only a dream. You'll be okay. Unnie is here, lean on me, kay" Sana assures.
Β 

"I-I'm sorry. It's all my fault. I-if only I'm strong enough. If only I went straight home--" Mina mumbles between her sobs before Sana cut in.
Β 

"Sshhh, it's not your fault" She faced her little sister, flashing a motherly smile as she wipes Mina's tears while caressing her hair. They stay hugging as Sana waits patiently until Mina collects herself. She helps the latter with morning chores and hesitantly starts the conversation after Mina finished eating. She lied that she brought the food from home.
Β 

"Mina-ya, I'm really worried about you. See, you're not eating much" Sana says pointing at the leftover or more likely in a glimpse, an untouched meal. Mina only shrugs and shakes her head as she leans against the bed headboard. Sana comes close and holds the younger's hand.
Β 

"I would feel a lot better if you'd be willing to see a doctor or a therapist to get some help with this. And for your own good too"
Β 

Mina looks up and stares at her sister in disbelief. "Therapist? I'm not crazy why should I meet them? I can take care of myself" She snaps.
Β 

Sana heaves a deep sigh. She sees this coming. She knows Mina won't agree but she still wanted to try. "That's not what I meant, Mina-ya. I'm trying to help. Really. Until when are you g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter