Dissimilarity

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung settles down on the couch. He knows it when he examined the house earlier, that there's only one bedroom. ONE hella massive bedroom inside the gigantic house. He's been wondering if his father does it on purpose which is technically true. He put aside the thought of calling his father and vent his rage for doing him dirty. It's almost midnight when he keeps tossing right and left, uncomfortable with his new 'bed' he might call. He wraps his arms around his body, curling into a ball as he tries to warm himself from the coldness.

There's a sudden downpour and through the rain drenches air came the first long low rumbles of thunder.Β It's until that moment, he can't bear it anymore when he feels himself shivering. He springs up and sits properly, contemplating of doing what he has on mind. It takes him a while before he stands and walks towards Mina's room. He starts tip-toeing when he's in front of the door. Slowly, turning the knob while peeking inside, thinking that the girl probably sleeping. And he's right.

He heaves a deep sigh before getting on his hand and knees into the position of army crawl. Thank goodness, Dahyun teaches him after his military services. He never thought it will be very useful especially in this situation. Chaeyoung lifts his knees inches above the ground, making sure his entire back is flat. He crawls forward using the opposite arm and leg. Slowly and steady.

No wonder the one and only bedroom are spacious since it's supposed to fit both of us. He thought while still crawling. He gets near to the closet, open it and take a blanket with him. He happily hugs the duvet than realizing he needs to get out of the room as quickly as possible before Mina notices him. He starts to crawl again, thinking why the door is so far away.

That's when his left foot accidentally kicked the table legs, causing a pile of book fall and hit him on the face. The sound is loud enough to wake Mina up and when she does, Chaeyoung sense her movement and hurriedly hide under the bed. He bites his lips while covering his bleeding nose, feeling hopeless. Mentally cursing himself for risking his life just for a blanket.

Mina's eyes flutter open, she pushes herself to sit as she leans against the headboard. She glances over the window panes where the rain drummed on it. Both of them have a different perspective on the thunderstorms. One hates it, and the other loves it. It might be for Mina that the sound of heavy water hitting the ground makes her uncomfortable especially when it comes with such a ferocious wind that plant debris littered every street. Water gurgled down the asphalt into already overloads storm drains and the flora bowed to the gale. Trees and fences tumbles, insufficient to fend off the onslaught. Even inside the homes, the howl and beating rain are loud enough to scare her. It feels like the sky will open and eat her alive. For Mina, It is as though mother nature is keen to announce the beginning of fall.

As for Chaeyoung, it's pleasant to listen to the rain tapping on the leaves, to him it sounds like they're applauding him, congratulate him. Sounding like a mother will do to their son when they achieve a great result in the exam. Something he never felt. The wind whispering, the thunder welcoming. It gives him a sense of light, comfort, feeling like he's home and the mother nature is hugging him. Indirectly, telling him that; everything will be fine.

Their differences build a strong bond of friendship. They need each other in some situation. Perhaps that's why the stronger their friendship is, the stronger the wall is between them. Sometimes, the more we love, the more we're afraid to lose. And maybe, just maybe, being a friend is just enough.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter