Second Attempt

Broken Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you said you're going to confess once you returned" Dahyun ask Chaeyoung as he sits in an armchair while opening a can of beer. They are having a little talk at the living room watching Marvel, Tzuyu's idea just to end the day.

 

"I will, this Sunday" Chaeyoung answers. He's sitting on the edge of the sofa, with legs apart but thighs joined at the knee, rubbing his hands together for nonstop. He's been thinking whether it's the right thing to do, the confession.
 

"For real?" Hyun asks.
 

"Yeah"
 

"Well, just don't get your back home crying like last time" Tzuyu interrupt while choosing the next movie to play because the one that they're watching or only him that actually hooked into it, just ended.
 

"I'm not and watch your language Tzuyu" Chaeyoung fix himself, sitting upright, glaring at the youngest.
 

Dahyun only grins seeing his brothers acting up. "Anyway, good luck Chae. Do you prepare anything ?" He taps Chaeyoung's left shoulder while offering him a beer.
 

Chaeyoung takes a sip, swirl it around his mouth, and swallow it. For him, it still tastes like he's drinking bread, this only the first time and he's not used. He already feels the world spinning around him. He clicks his tongue then raise his brows facing Dahyun "Prepare what?"
 

"Event? Flowers? Chocolate? Anything?"
 

"Oh, yeah I'm too nervous. I haven't thought about that" Chaeyoung confess, it's the truth though.
 

"Chillax just says the magic word and it's either. One, she'll accept you. Second, she'll reject you. Third, which is the worst, she'll feel awkward around you which could destroy your so call friendship" Dahyun never understand his brother, he knows that it's risky but until when is he going to watch her from afar. Just confront the girl and say it. What's so hard?
 

"Mina noona is not that narrow-minded, I thought Hyung you know her better," Tzuyu says leaning against the sofa.
 

"I thought too" Chaeyoung sigh lowering his head.
 

"Like even the colour of her underwear, last night she wears pin----" Tzuyu didn't finish his words when Chaeyoung's feet land on his mouth shutting him. Basically kicking his face making Tzuyu almost chokes on a snack.
 

"I'm just kidding, that really hurts. Argg, my jaw" Tzuyu groan in pain, holding his chin while moving away from Chaeyoung, afraid of another smack.
 

Dahyun let out a small laugh, shakes his head then turns to Chae again. "Don't worry too much."
 

They just keep drinking until all of them pass out in the living room. Well, Chae is the first one to lose his consciousness after only the second sips.




 

*  *  *  *

Ring! Ring!

"Fudge!" Chaeyoung groans as he turns off his alarm and jumps out from his bed. He wakes up in the middle of the night then can't go back to sleep no matter how hard he tried realizing that tomorrow is the day. So, he ended up staying awake until 5 a.m. and falling asleep afterwards.
 

He quickly gets ready, doing the usual morning routine but in 3x speed. Got his phone and rush to the door while keep saying "I'm late" under his breath.
 

"Wait, you're going to wear that?" Dahyun says, still with his pyjama holding a cup of tea. He stands from the couch and stops in front Chaeyoung, staring at him up and down.
 

"Why?"
 

"A black T-shirt with black pants and a black baseball cap with your uncombed messy hair and your swollen face? You look like a freaking murderer"
 

"She's waiting. I don't have ti--"
 

"Hey, keep in mind girls take forever to get ready" Dahyun interjected.
 

"She's not like any other girl! She always on time" Chaeyoung defends as he tries to escape.
 

Dahyun held Chaeyoung's arms and pull him a little "Okay, Alright. Relax, you can just text her says you're going to be late and ask her to wait somewhere, coffee shop or something"
 

"Son Chaeyoung" Dahyun snaps his finger few times because Chaeyoung seems like he's spacing out not minding his words.
 

"Oh, oh yeah"
 

"Give me your phone"
 

Dahyun snatches Chae's phone and throws it somewhere, Tzuyu who just listening successfully catch the phone "Tzuyu go text Mina noona" Hyun turns his gaze to the Cub "And you, follow me" Grinning, Dahyun pulls Chaeyoung by ear then disappear.





 

*  *  *  * 

The three arrive using Dahyun's car, a protonic red BMW i8. He parked in front of a tiny cafe, right on the quayside with boats moored all around them and bright blue water nipping back and forth.
 

"There she is. Hyung Jia you!" Tzuyu gives a quick thumbs up. He's sitting at the middle rear seats of the car.
 

"Uh-oh" Chaeyoung unconsciously utters in panic.
 

"What are you waiting for?" Dahyun break-in.
 

Chaeyoung turns his head from the side window staring at his brother. He let out a heavy sigh unknowingly blink nonstop with his eyes shaken a bit "Hyung, what if she rejects me. Is this--- worth it? I-I don't want to lose her"
 

"Freaking friendship, just go for it, say what you need to say. You're a tough man"
 

"I-I'm a tough man. Yeah, I'm a tough man" Chaeyoung punc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter