ONE

In Your Maze
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

There they were again.

 

The obvious stares that follow their maknae whenever the youngest make an entrance. Yuqi rested her chin on folded arms, her large doe eyes fixed on someone else. She found it amusing how Soojin was still surviving. It was amazing how when the red-haired girl wanted to hide something, she could keep it under the rug for this long. Then again…

 

“Unnie…” She called, reaching a hand out.

 

Soojin turned and walked over, taking the hand with a curious look, “What is it, Yuqi?”

 

“You’re making it obvious again. You know? With all that staring.”

 

Soojin huffed slightly upon those words, making a face at the Chinese girl. “Shush. What do you know anyway…” Her voice trailed off softly.

 

“Enough?” Yuqi could not suppress a cheeky grin, “When will you tell her?”

 

“Look, I’m more afraid she’ll hear us talk about this.” Yuqi had never seen Soojin looking more solemn than she did just then, “Promise me again. Not a word about this to anyone, alright?”

 

“My lips are sealed.” Yuqi raised three fingers, “Now, can we please go get some strawberry ice cream?” Her grin widened when she sees Soojin smile.

 

“Your treat?” The older girl teased with a raised brow, laughing after at Yuqi’s deadpanned expression. “Fine, fine. Strawberry ice cream for our other cutie.”

 

“Why am I always the other one?” Yuqi lets out a loud scoff, linking her arm with Soojin.

 

“Do you want my treat or not?” Soojin tucked a loose strand of her bright red hair behind a ear.

 

“Backing out now? How cheap, unnie.”

 

Soojin enjoys the strawberry flavour but hardly ever had the chance to have any strawberry desserts or drink or food of any sort when they were all together in the dorm. That was partially because of a certain maknae whose taste buds were always craving for one thing. It wasn’t Shuhua’s fault really, but she was weak when it came to getting Shuhua her favourite snacks.

 

It had to be chocolate.

 

It made Shuhua smile and the thought alone sent butterfly hoards to the red-haired girl’s stomach.

 

“You know your face matches your hair colour whenever you blush.” Yuqi suddenly says and right on cue, the older girl’s face went unexpectedly red.

 

“Shut up, I wasn’t blushing…” The older girl huffed with an annoyed tone. “Why would you even say that?” They were already in the snack stall, peering at the ice cream box.

 

“For fun?” Yuqi snorted with a smirk, promptly ignoring Soojin’s whines of frustration.

 

If Yuqi hadn’t known better, she would think this unnie had a serious attitude problem. Soojin had this habit of talking with a slight whine in her voice and a tendency to string her words together lazily, which she found to be absolutely adorable.

 

“There’s the strawberry one…” Soojin suddenly pointed.

 

“Got it.” Yuqi reached in and held onto both their ice creams while she went to pay for them.

 

“I thought it was my treat.”

 

“Nah, I wanted to treat you to something you like.” Yuqi was grinning again, wiggling her brows playfully, “Ain’t I the best?”

 

“Well, thanks…” Soojin wrinkled her nose, choosing to remain silent while unwrapping the ice cream Yuqi had handed to her.

 

“Mean .” Yuqi retorted and was about to enjoy the snack when she sees an abrupt change in Soojin’s face. “What’s wrong, unni- Oh…”

 

“UNNIE!!” A loud voice interrupted them.

 

Yuqi reacted with an almost equally loud voice, “Oi Ye Shuhua, what are you doing here?! Go away, shoo. There isn’t anything for you.” She pretended to kick at their hyper maknae.

 

“Yah! Did you not get any chocolate ones?!” Shuhua peered at both their ice creams and then sulked when she realized they did not get her favourite, proceeding to wrap her arms around Soojin’s waist. “Unnie ~! Will you get-” Her hands were suddenly pulled away, courtesy of Song Yuqi.

 

The Chinese girl had noticed her red-haired unnie stiffen at the contact of their maknae and decided to interfere. “Stop bothering us, little monster. Go get your own.”

 

She was ready for the maknae’s returning attack when the latata charm words came from behind. “Shuhua, I’ll get us chocolate ~ Come on!”

 

“Oh great, there’s your mom now. Be gone, little demon.” Yuqi made a dismissive gesture at the youngest, laughing as the oldest of them shot her a glare while making her way over.

 

“My mom?” Shuhua was already holding onto Miyeon’s hand, “Mom, you’ll get me chocolate ice cream?”

 

“I’m not your mom and you’re lucky you’re cute.” The pair began bickering instantly while making their way into the snack stall. Yuqi chuckled at their interaction

Please log in to read the full chapter