Meeting

Dandelions in Spring
Please log in to read the full chapter

I had a dream, a beautiful one. I was at the bookstore, walking along the aisles, searching for that book to re-read. The kiosk which tells us the exact shelf or section of the book was spoilt. The entire library had no one, not even librarians or volunteers. I had to find it by myself, just like scouring in the Pacific Ocean for a precious four-inch diamond. That book is like a diamond, a priceless object. I searched everywhere but I still can’t find it. This meant that the book was either on-loan or missing. Then, I saw a glow at the pushcart out of the corner of my eyes and I walked slowly towards it. My lips curved upwards when I saw it sitting atop a pile of books. 

“I’ve found it, finally,” I mutter and reach my hand for it. “Finally, finally, finally.”

“Found me?”

What? That voice. His voice that I could recognise even if fifty people blabbered to me, I could still differentiate it. My lips hung open and I wanted to move my body to see him so that my hypothesis could be confirmed. But it wasn’t moving. It was like a sleep paralysis, my nimbs numbed. I tried to open my mouth and speak instead, however, that failed too. My whole body began to sweat and anxiety beat faster in my chest. I didn’t want to not see him as he was this close. Just move, please body! 

Then, I out, temporarily, for I felt his arm wrap my waist and his head plopped gently on my shoulder. Never had I thought a dream would be this real. So real that I could even feel his exhale on my neck which sent a cold chill down my spine. He shifted his head closer to the crook of my neck, closer to me, and the softness of his hair with the slight ticklish sensation transported me to utopia.

At this point, the book was pushed to the sidelines. There were other more important things.  Baekhyun, my first and only boyfriend was here in the library. Did he come to meet me? What had I done in my previous life to deserve such a holy dream? Seconds later, everything vanished and my eyes fluttered open at once. 

I’m on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My cheek streaks with tears that are warm to the touch. The sounds I hear are the chirping of crickets outside my window. Before I hear a bell ding outside my door. I bolt upright and look out of the window. The weather is crazy: rain sheeting down heavily like nobody’s business and thunderclaps so resounding that I fear for the animals’ safety. 

I get up and a thought crosses my mind: the potted plants that I’ve grown since I was twelve. I scoot to the kitchen, ransack

Please log in to read the full chapter