2016

Songs for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2016,

A few months before the release of the practice video, few months after the devastating leave of a Pink Punk member

Jennie Kim

The sun was almost setting and the bustling metropolitan city of Seoul was jammed pack with people stuck in traffic on their way back home the moment the clock 5 p.m. with the hopes of overcoming the daily traffic. With everyone in the same set of mind, led them to the same circumstances, yet again, day after day. You would think that even after going through the same outcome, they would learn, but human works in an odd way. With hope comes with the seed of effort, the effort to achieve what they would hope for. That’s the beauty of humanity, we would be angry regardless, yet we still try.

Young Jennie Kim was one of them, the seed of hope that embedded within herself had not changed since the first time she got herself involved with YG. Bumps and hurdles had come storming on her way during her journey, it was far worse than a rollercoaster ride. There were some days, maybe majority of them where she had lost herself, casting herself out alone with demons haunting her mind. It was a true hell, with many of the members gone, Jennie Kim was worried that maybe… just maybe… her mother was right. That she should have taken Law instead, and work for her father’s hospital as an attorney there.

Those were the days, that she felt completely and utterly out of control, that none of her remaining members of Pink Punk could bring her back, not even her sister by bond, not blood, the great Kim Jisoo would wormed herself into the darkness that enveloped over Jennie into a hard shell of a cocoon.

And yet, this one lad, no, he was definitely not a lad no more, he was a man, a man that Jennie would have never ever dreamed of meeting, had peeled of the protective layers of her cocoon. Kwon Jiyong. He was her idol, her mentor, that she wished to be even a little bit of piece like him.

When she was offered to be involved with him, she felt faint, literally, she fainted, an hour later she thought it was a dream, only to be discovered that it was a dream come true. To come and meet her idol, the reason that brought her here in YG instead of her mother’s company in DSP Entertainment. Just like many other trainees as her, Big Bang was like the Gods of Olympus, to be idolised and worshipped. So near yet so far away. And Jennie Kim was the envy of the rest, leading to her isolation from the rest. That was, until her fellow Pink Punk members came along as well as some lads she knew, Seunghoon oppa, Jiwon oppa, Jinhwan oppa.

Though the numbers were small, but these people are the ones that matters the most, and soon the number grew with another addition of Kwon Jiyong. Sneaky, that Kwon Jiyong, while everyone else had tried hard to break the hard exterior of Jennie Kim, Kwon Jiyong simply had to smile. No not his infamous smirk or shy smile or those blinding boyish grin, this was the real deal.

It still made her heart warm in remembrance as her mind played the memory etched in her mind. His beautiful doe shaped ayes gaze at hers, showcasing warmth, and twinkled when he saw her, the way his lips slowly, as if on slow motion, stretched his face wide into a sincere grin that his nose slightly crinkled.

This oppa was one of the reason she’s still holding on to the seed of hope that she planted many years ago, that motivated her to strive harder. Then, one day while she and the remaining three girls were left in the dance studio for practice, they were called upon to a meeting. When the news broke out that Kwon Jiyong would be responsible for her group’s debut, she was escalated, ecstatic even. No one knew of their little meetings and escapades over the years.

It was their little moment and she loved the way it felt, the word theirs brought a small smile onto her face every time. When the meeting was adjourned, she can’t wait to meet the man who was sitting only a few seats away from her.

She waited outside on a nearby bench for him, unbeknownst to her fellow members, until she saw him walked out of the door. Quickly chased behind him before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter