2014

Songs for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let’s Not Fall in Love, released in 2015

As time goes by, they spent more and more time together. Although Jiyong wasn’t as busy as before during the group’s hiatus mode, he still went to the company to produce his core passion, music, well, that’s what he told himself of course. Since he’s already at the company building, might as well visit his favourite dongsaeng, though with Jennie’s debut preparations, it was almost impossible to see her, but they do meet each other nonetheless, even within her 5 minutes’ break, it was what he strived for every day, to see how she’s coping, how she’s holding it in. He wanted her to be okay, and as long as she was okay, he was okay.

Kwon Jiyong has watched Jennie Kim grew up from a shy timid little teenage girl into a blossoming confident young woman. As creepy as it sounds, he has to admit, not only as he is proud, his attraction for her has also grew that he felt almost disgusted for himself. So he just brushed off those feelings, as always, to those an oppa to his dongsaeng.

That is, until one day in 2014, while he was aimlessly walking down the rows of practice room hallways towards the open lounge area with a blacony full of greeneries, a place where he would stroll around after his hectic schedule for their long awaiting comeback that he encountered them.

Two individuals at the end of the hallway with Jennie Kim’s wrist, grasped tightly by someone whom he recognised as Winner’s Seunghoon. Red warnings, as his chest burned in anger but his cooled head remained rational as he silently followed them to the stairway exit door. Opening the door slightly to a small gap, he eavesdropped their private conversation.

“I like you Jennie-ssi, will you go out with me?” Kwon Jiyong’s jaw literally dropped, detached from his skull, down to Earth as his heart dropped in disbelief. There was silence, his chest felt heavy, with uneasiness he couldn’t place why, but before he could listen to her response, he heard Daesung’s voice.

Quick wittedly, he closed the door to the unexpected incoming younger man. “Oh hyung, what are you doing over here?” approaching to Daesung’s direction, as he draped his arm around his buffed shoulder and pulled him away in an opposite direction, away from the exit door.

“Let’s go Daesung ah, I feel like eating sangyeopsal tonight, let’s go! It’s on me”

Daesung being Daesung when it comes to food, especially after hours in the recording room, completely forgets why he came down and didn’t realise the suspicious smile and sudden generosity by the older member as both of them steered away to the elevator instead.

Throughout the next day and the rest of the week, Kwon Jiyong would only stare into space in daze, he couldn’t sleep even if exhaustion was taking a toll on him because his mind kept on playing the scene in his head on repeat. The heaviness on his chest felt heavier than usual but this time, it was due to a younger girl named Jennie Kim.

As he was finishing editing in the studio alone, he heard the knock on the door, “Come in” he said, his voice void of emotion as his eyes concentrated on the large monitor in front of him and ears perked up to the music he produced.

“I’m sorry for interrupting Jiyong oppa” he froze, was he hearing stuff? He swivelled his chair to where the voice was coming from and there stood the woman who’s haunted his dreams for days.

Standing shyly with her eyes shifted anywhere but at him with her hands holding a plastic bag of goodies, he suspected. There she was as like before but now at 20 years old, she had grown into an astonishing beauty. No wonder Seunghoon fell her, he thought in distained of the younger man.

Awkward silent filled the room as she stood there awkwardly with him blankly stared at her. “Jiyong oppa?”

“Oh yeah, come sit down” he smiled, inviting her to sit at the black couch. Nodding her head in courtesy before taking her seat.

“What do you have there?”

She sat on the black couch with her back straight, hands on gripping her knees as the curtains of her lush dark highlighted locks covered the side of her face. Her eyes wavered, she was nervous he thought but looked adorable as hell, like a little puppy.

“Oh, uhm… my mum came to visit today and she bought some homemade spaghetti and meatballs over for my other members, and uhm… I kept one especially for you.” She rambled on softly, her eyes shifted over his side for a few seconds before shifted downwards as a blush crept upon her soft glowing skin.

Instinctually,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter