1 //The Angel//

The Devil's Angel


Being alone in a corner is Jeonghan's haven specially when he's worn out.

Seeing the flowers around him is just a bonus he is really thankful of.

The school's backyard that looks like a nightwood place is his sacred place. Others find it oldish.

They would rather go play something on their phone, gossip about other people's life, play on the school ground or even stay inside their room doing crazy stuffs.

For the Angel who's now sitting under the tree and leaning on it like it is some sort of pillow behind his back; Nothing is better compared to this.

This is all he need after all.. to be alone and free from anything.

Hearing nature's voice calling onto him and drifting his soul away from reality.

As he close his eyes all he see is darkness.. and it ate him to sleep.

 

'What a sight..'

Wonwoo.. who is eyeing Jeonghan from one of the trees.

Hands on his pocket as he walk towards the sleeping male leaning on one of the trees.

Desire never leaving his eyes..

As he stop in front of the long haired male..

..without hesitation he bent down and level his face in front of him.

'Beautiful..'

Looking at Jeonghan as if he's memorizing every detail of his face.

Those eyelashes that fairly dress his eyes. The nose that look like it was carved by a perfect hands. The cheekbones that hugs his angelic face perfectly.. and those lips.. those lips that is cannot be compared to anyone.

Those lips that has a power to temp his craving heart.. he surveyed more.. down to his chin.. and to his hair.

The excess locks that fall down to his face as the wind blows.

Wonwoo stood straight still looking to Jeonghan who's innocently sleeping.

A smirk form on Wonwoo's lips as he turn around and started walking away from Jeonghan..

Thoughts of the angel's face is on his mind as he walk away.

'Yoon Jeonghan.. A nothing but beautiful creature that can tame a beast just by a sight."

A self satisfied smile tugged his  face as he disappear on the school ground's crowd.







 

"We've been looking for you earlier.. Where have you been?"

Jisoo asked him.

"I just did something important."

Jeonghan replied as he sling his bag on his back.

"Yeah. Sleeping is the most important thing in the your world. C'mon let's go..   "

Jeonghan obliged.

Walking down the silent hallway something crossed his mind.

"Jisoo..  about what happened yesterday.."

Jisoo look at his friend who randomly ask the question.

"Why?"

"Isn't it weird?"

"Jeonghan. I'd say it is.. but thanks to whoever scare and beat those punks away because you're safe now."

Jisoo answered.
Jeonghan nodded silently remembering what happened as he and Jisoo walk to Jihoon's room.

Yesterday is one of terrifying day Jeonghan had experienced.

He was on his way home when he notice two people is following his tracks.

Nervous. He walk faster than his turtle phase. Unfortunately, he heard steps behind him leveling his.

He cursed the moment he saw the dim streets ahead.

That moment he know he should do the thing he need to do.

He ran. Ran as fast as possible.

He saw those two person also did the same. That's when he decided to hide and found himself on a place near a dead end block.

The place was very dark. Enough to hide himself.

He heard steps coming closer..
Jeonghan covered his mouth not to make a noise.

Many questions floods his mind.

Who are they? What do they need from him? What will happen to him?

He closed his eyes in anxiety feeling his heart thumping loud from chest.

"Find him.."

He heard one of them said.

"Boss what--- aack!"

"!"

Jeonghan open his eyes the moment he heard loud thuds followed up by sound of punches, kicks and whimpers because of pain.

Moments later.. silence covered the place. Then he heard someone speak.

"Come out already."

A deep voice said.

Jeonghan hitched his breath torn between coming out or stay there and wait for that person to vanish.

...but decided to come out from his hide place anyway..

He was expecting to see someone when he come out.. but was shocked to see two lifeless bodies laying on the ground groaning from pain with blood in their body.

Terrified. Jeonghan chose to run away  and go home. Lock all entrances.

For someone who live alone like him.. Safety is something who can't be guaranteed.

He called the police hotline and try his best not to sound shaky.

Pretending as a concerened citizen who witnessed what had happened earlier though he's not sure if those people are still there.

..but he's sure. That he is not safe anymore.











 

"Han.. better lock all your doors and windows all the time while we're still looking for a new place for you to stay."

Jihoon said.One of his best buddy in school.

"It's ok Jihoon. I told you.. I won't leave this house."

They're on his house at the moment. They decided to walk Jeonghan home because they're worried.

Jeonghan at one point nod and gave them a thankful smile before he enter his house.

"Take care.. Remeber what we told you.."

Jisoo said as he wave goodbye.

"Bye. Take care guys. Thank you."

Jeonghan said as he close the door.

Flopping down on his soft couch.. he heave a sigh.

'Now what..?'

..and he sighed again.

No one's home but him.

His parents are away.. working away from him.

He's not mad at them..

He understands why they need not to go home. Why they need to leave him behind. Why they had to work.

He understand it well.

...he just miss them.












 

Wonwoo.. together with his friends rode off to their place.

They have something to do.
Something no one knows unless you're part of them.

"This is certainly a suicide."

Mingyu said as he step down from his motorcycle.

Jun who is leaning on his car notice how serious Wonwoo's face is.. more serious than he usually look like everyday.

"Better not fuel up a devil huh.."

Jun said smirking received a cold look from the said other.

Meanwhile two other big bikes arrived.

Four person add up to their little meeting.

Seungcheol and Minghao who look like maniacs with their mocking smiles.

Hansol and Chan who are the youngest among them.

"Now what?"

Minghao asked as he walk to them.

"We're going in tonight. That psycho has reach my nerves."

Wonwoo said coldly.

"He sent some of his men to mess up in the bar where Im working as a part time."

Mnghao said fist clenched.

"They're having a transaction tonight at the port near the dock site. We'll get the money then we go."

Seungcheol the eldest said as he smile maniacally because of the thought of money that they'll get.

"Wait. What's the plan?"

The youngest -Chan- asked.

"Dumb. We don't do plans.. We just show up and give them their doomsday."

Hansol who put his baseball bat at his shoulder said as he start to walk away.

"Let's go. No one left behind. Help yourselves people."

Mingyu said as he followed Hansol on his tracks.

Wonwoo was the last one to step out.

Hands on his pocket as usual but behind those postures.. no one knows what he can do.

...not even him.


















 

Jeonghan woke up from a call on his phone. Eyes half closed.. he fish out his phone and answer it.

"Hello?"

He asked with his groggy voice due to his dry throat.

"Jeonghan-ah.. How are you?"

Upon hearing the familiar voice from the other line.. Jeonghan got up immediately and felt happy.

"Mom.. Im fine. How are you and Dad?"

"We're fine baby.. We sent you money earlier this morning."

His mom said.. 'This morning?'

He look at the wall clock of his room and saw the time.

11 am. Wow amazing. Thank heavens it's saturday.

"Thanks mom. How's work?"

He asked starting a conversation with a person he really miss.

"It's hard as usual.. how 'bout school honey?"

"Everything's fine mom. Jisoo and Jihoon are always there. We're actually called  'The J Unit'.  "

His mom laughs.. Oh how he miss her laugh.

"That's great. How about your part time job with them?"

"Well.. we we're always called to play thanks to that 'J Unit' we already have a name to introduce."

Both of them giggled.

After a long pause.. his mom sighed.

"Jeonghan-ah.. Im really sorry we can't be there for you.."

Jeonghan felt like crying. He live his life being a self reliant person.. Imagine how lonely is it whenever he's left alone.

"It's ok mom. I understand."

"Always take care ok? Safety first."

"Sure.. Are you going already?"

"Yeah.. Don't worry I'll call again. Take care of yourself. Please don't get yourself in trouble. I love you Jeonghan-ah.. Bye.."

"Bye mom.. Love you too."

An audible bye before his mom hang up. He then move from his bed and do his usual morning routine.

After the rituals and everything.. he head to the kitchen and cook something to fill his stomach.

With a ramen on a bowl in his hands.. he proceed to the sala and turn the tv on then get back to the couch and start eating his food.

"..the said riot happened last night.
Four were arrested and had been confirmed that they are part of a hidden sindicate that authorities are now starting to track. The said suspects are found beaten hard with fractures on their bodies.

They are in a hospital in the present time. The said sindicate were supposed to have a negotiation that includes drugs and money.

It was still a puzzle for the police about the crashers Identities.

As of now, the case is still in the process..."

Jeonghan watched the news intently while eating his food.

It was a city local news flash.

"Bastards.."

He mumbled as he reached for the remote and change the channel.






 

"They're going to play this night at that bistro place. Aren't you coming?"

Mingyu ask while eating his burger on his right hand.

Before Wonwoo could give a reply.. the other boys slam their food on their table lightly .. And what do you expect on a table full of boys with the looks.

Of course. They always get attention.

..but Wonwoo's attention is only drawn to one person.

He's sitting at the other side of the cafeteria laughing with his friends.

"Look. That BooSookSeon Tandem really likes to jam with the J Unit."

Chan said. All the guys on their table look at him.

"You know them?"

Asked Jun.

"Yeah.. They're my favorite band here in school. Though I've never get to see them in the Bistro place they're playing at."

Chan answered.

"We're coming to watch them later.. Wanna come?"

Seungcheol said.

"That sounds good. I really wanna hear them play everyday."

"Wait. Are we all going?"

Minghao asked eyebrows raised.

"Maybe."
 

They were enjoying their food when they heard a commotion coming from the left side of the cafeteria.

All attention are drawn to where the loud voices are coming from.

"Minhyuk stop it. Are you crazy?!"












 

"Hey guys!"

Seungkwan greeted them together with his friends who do nothing but laugh even on the corniest things.

The J Unit smile.. they like it whenever BooSeokSoon is with them.

They play at the said Bistro alternatively.. that's when they meet each other's company and get along with each other very well.

"We're coming to watch you tonight."

Seokmin who is playing with his food said.

"Really? That's great."

Jisoo said.

"Guys? Do you know those guys eating across our direction?"

Seokmin asked.

All of them look at the said table and saw a bunch of cool looking guys.

"Seokmin. Are you some kind of a joke? Of course we do. All of the students here do. I pity you if you don't."

Soonyoung said.

"Oh. Is that so? Hehe. Well that means you know Mingyu right?"

They all nod.

"He called me earlier and asked if we're gonna play at the Bistro tonight.  I said yes. Then he nod and said nothing so I excused myself."

"You think he'll watch tonight?"

Seungkwan asked.

"Maybe. He look interested."

"Woah.. That's great. I mean.. you know.. Mingyu is really popular here also his friends.."

"It's kinda weird though.."

Jihoon said.

"Why is that?"

Asked the pretty male who speak for the first time.

"Look at how Wonwoo look at you.. "

They all look at Wonwoo's direction and see that he's busy talking with his friends.

"Naa.. You're seeing things Jihoon-ah."

Jisoo said. While the other agree. Why would Wonwoo - the coldest guy on earth- would do that?

Jeonghan on the other hand look at Wonwoo's direction again and unexpectedly.. their gazes met.

1..2..3..4..5.. Seconds and Jeonghan felt drowning on the stare.

Wonwoo at one point won't back down also.

Jihoon speak after drinking his coke in can.

..that's when Jeonghan draw his attention back to his friends.

"I have an Idea. Why don't we..--
nevermind."

They were puzzled and curious on what Jihoon was about to say so Soonyoung poke him to speak and talk about it.

"I was thinking of band merging.. You know. Since we really have a great company together.. and get along----

"That's a good Idea! I love it!"

Seungkwan said avoiding to squeal like a girl because of excitement.

"Really? I thought you won't like it."

Jihoon said.

They were all happy about the said agreement though needed further discussion it was given that tgere'll be no problem.

They were chatting and all.. just then Seokmin notice how quiet the pretty male is beside him.

"You seem quiet Yoon Jeonghan."

The latter flinched internally because of the sudden called.

"Is anything wrong Jeonghan-ah?"

Jisoo asked worriedly. He notice how uneasy Jeonghan is on his seat earlier but the latter won't tell him the problem.

"Im fine. Don't worry----

"Jeonghan let's talk."

They heard someone from behind speak. He sound mad.

"M-minhyuk."

"I said let's talk."

They were quiet but Jisoo got pissed off quickly because of how that Minhyuk guy approach his friend.

"That's not how you should speak to him."

Jisoo blurted out.

Minhyuk look at him and speak.

"Im not talking to you. So shut the up."

"Minhyuk.. Stop it."

Jeonghan stood up from his seat.

Soon tension filled their spot.

Minhyuk held Jeonghan's hand abruptly and was about to drag him out of the table but Jisoo was fast enough to grab his friend's hand.

Now other people on the cafeteria are looking at them. Some grasps and whispers filled the place.

"Let go you punk."

Minhyuk said furiously.

"You let go tard."

"H-hey.. guys.. Stop it please. Minhyuk let go--

Jeonghan was cut midway on his sentence because Minhyuk drag him again.

"I said let him go!"

Jisoo said grabbing Jeonghan's other hand. Minhyuk gritted his teeth because of anger.

So he let go of Jeonghan's hand and give a push to Jisoo.. hard that send him on the ground.

"Minhyuk! Stop it! Are you crazy?!"

But Minhyuk didn't listen and give Jisoo a punch when Jisoo stand on his feet.

Fortunately, the latter was fast enough to dodge the blow.

"I Said STOP IT!"

..but the two are on their world of battle field.

They're trying to stop the two from fighting but was not strong enough to stop it.

Jeonghan was in panick. He don't know how to stop them.

He don't know what to do. His Bestfriend and his ex-boyfriend is fighting.

He felt a pang on his head and soon see flashes of memories.

"You're gonna die."

"N-no.. Please don't kill me."

But the man didn't listen. That was when he saw something on the man's hand. A gun. A ing gun.

Aim on him as he cried himself.

"M-mom.. D-dad.  Help me.."

Jeonghan felt something sting on his head. He felt numb. All of a sudden he start trembling remembering something.

"Stop. S-top it."

"Do you know why they left you here? Because they don't need you anymore."

"You're lying! You're a goddamn kidnapper. All you want is money you er! You're crazy!"

He blurted out. Soon he felt a slap on his face.

"Feel that you piece of ."

And again the man raise his hand aim the gun on Jeonghan's.

He heard a loud bang of gun.. but nothing hit him.

He saw the man lying on the dirty ground.. with a shot on his body.

Then he saw police men came in.

He's finally safe.



 

That's what he thought.

..but the man was able to aim again while groaning in pain.



 

Another blow and Jeonghan seen death smile upon him.

 

"Hyung.. Your nose is bleeding.."

Seungkwan said more in panic.

Minhyuk and Jisoo are still fighting in the ground.

Jeonghan is losing it. He was deaf already. Sight begun to blur.Head spinning.

"Hyung! Hyung!"
























 

The people on the cafeteria surround them. Cringing on every punch.

Wonwoo's group was just watching..

...but the moment he saw Jeonghan fell on the ground clutching his head..
he didn't hesitate to stand and walk immediately on their spot.










 

"JEONGHAN!"

Jihoon exclaimed. Minhyuk who is struggling under Jisoo heard it and look at the pretty male who is now laying on the ground in Seungkwan's lap.

Jisoo immediately budge off and run to his friend.

"Hannie.. What happened?!"

He asked more panicking dismissing his own pain.

Minhyuk then came glaring at Jisoo who is now holding Jeonghan.

..but his face softened the moment he saw Jeonghan.

"Han.."






 

"OUT OF THE WAY ERS!"

Hansol shout from the crowd who is encircling them already.

Soon a man stood behind them and without hesitation he carry the long haired boy in his arms leaving the other shock and stunned on the sudden intruder.

"Wait! What are you doing?!"

"Giving him space dumbheads."

Wonwoo said as he walk out the place with Jeonghan on his hand. Carrying the helpless angel.

Jisoo and Minghyuk was about to make move but was stopped by the other person who specifically is Wonwoo's group.

"Stop right there. We don't want to piss of the devil don't we?"

Jun asked as he and Mingyu block the way.

"Minhyuk. They won't be able to play later because of you.. I want to kick your because of that."

Mingyu said as he walk away from the scene.

His friends followed behind.

The last one to walk out was Minghao.. but stop and turn around again.

People around look at him as he look on Jisoo who's lips are bleeding.

"Good job hyung.."

Then he continue his tracks with both of his hands on his coat's pocket whistling while walking out and leave everyone behind.


 

"What the ."

Soonyoung and Seokmin said at the same time.








 

****************

Please tell me what you think about this chapter. Thanks.