BONUS #4

There’s Magic in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana - and Baekhyun, imagine this - were actually putting real effort in doing some school work after she had to hear an entire half an hour lecture from Suho and Sehun about protection, and “Have in your room and you’re going to be kicked out. Remember that we can smell it, hear it, and sense it.” Just because she and her boyfriend were staying in her room at four in the afternoon, when her magic started to buzz.

It was not a small tingling sensation that you feel spreading in your body, like a bad thing is going to happen any time soon but you don’t know what it is. No, it was a full body buzzing, a numbing sensation in every part of her soul. Black spots bled into her vision, making her pause with the equation she was writing in her notebook, her fingers tightening around her pencil until the healthy, reddish color of her knuckles turned white. Her inner magic, the same part that reacted pleasantly when it met her father and Sehun, started to act up. It bounced around her in fear, twisting and twitching around.

The sensation was strong, too strong actually, that it caught Baekhyun’s attention from her bed, where he was sprawled on his stomach with furrowed eyebrows, trying to understand the alien gibberish in his paper. He lifted his head up to give her a look, his brows’ furrow becoming more prominent. He sprung to his feet when she fell down from her desk chair, smacking her knees on the plush white rug under her. 

“Hana? What the heck is going on?” Baekhyun anxiously exclaimed, quickly latching to her arms and her shoulders, leaning her badly quivering body over his chest, lowering his head to watch her heave, her s going up and down while she tried to force her older breathing pattern back to her body.

It didn’t work.

The magical power she was smacked with was too strong to contain her.

It was too powerful, too ancient.

She was here for her.

“Uncle Minjoon! Aunt Mira! Sehun! Suho! Anyone!” 

Baekhyun was yelling, and Hana was perfectly aware of the tinge of panic in his velvety, sweet voice, despite how loud it kept echoing in her eardrums. Hana was not unconscious. Her eyes were wide open and she could hear the pound of her heart in her ears. She could see Baekhyun’s worried voice hovering over hers, hear the door of her room open and the thuds of so many feet getting closer, her family, most probably. But she couldn’t do anything about it. Her body felt slow, and she wasn’t able to move.

She felt a tender hand fall around her neck, and she blinked her eyes quickly at the intense heat that spread along that area she was being touched in. Her father’s face came across her vision, right beside Baekhyun’s face, and he didn’t look as worried as Baekhyun was, but it didn’t mean his eyes didn’t flash with gold. 

Just when her eyes met with his, she gasped, gaining her breathing back, and she shot forward, off of Baekhyun’s rock hard chest to sit still, her thrown legs coming close to her as she forced herself to balance, crossing them Indian style.

“She’s here,” She gasped out, her words harsh in her ears and breaking the deafening, tensed sphere around her. “Sophia’s here. I don’t know what she wants, but she’s here, and she’s trying to force her magic inside me so I’d go to her. I don’t know what she wants, she, she’s trying to reach me, don’t let her get—“

“Hana, baby, calm down,” Hana felt Baekhyun’s soothing presence come back after she pushed herself away, his heat attacking her backwards and his arms sneaking around her body, pulling her back into his chest; pulling her up to sit on his lap. His nose was too close to her neck and his smooth; gentle voice was seeping past her ears like the touch of velvet, so she easily eased into him, sighing in instant relief. “Calm down, sweetheart, we’re not going to let her reach you.”

“Yeah, you’re not getting rid of us so easily.” Suho commented with a pinch of tender playfulness in his tone, and when she looked at him, he was crouched in front of her, eyeing her with poorly concealed worry. His eyes were flitting over to Baekhyun who was holding her so closely to his body with irritation, but he didn’t say anything regarding that; knowing the situation was too serious for such childish tantrums. Hana found herself smiling, momentarily forgetting about the danger she could still tangibly feel around.

“How far is she? I still didn’t catch her.” Said Sehun anxiously, but with a tinge of excitement he didn’t care enough to hide. Despite everything Hana had endured from her mom, she didn’t feel entitled to deprive Sehun’s excitement of meeting his mother for the first time. 

“She’s far enough not to alert our wolves, but close enough to reach Hana,” Her father murmured, standing up and offering a hand for his daughter to take. Hana begrudgingly accepted the hand, groaning at the stiffness of her muscle as she stood up by the help of Baekhyun’s hands on her hips. “We need to meet her half way.”

“What? Why meet her half way? Why not wait for her here?” Mira’s small, mousy voice was heard speaking in fear. It was no secret Mira was a little bit.. nervous around mages. Hana was her husband’s daughter, but Sophia was a totally different case. 

“We have to be courageous and show her we are not afraid to face her head on. We are not going to let her take Hana, ever,” Hana’s father said with a determined, strong voice, looking out at the single window in Hana’s room. His eyes kept flashing with ancient emotions Hana couldn’t read. “She lost Hana the minute she let her come here. There’s no way I’d let her take her back. This is not a game to play; it’s a commitment she failed. There are no second chances.”

Hana gulped. She didn’t know what to feel. Sophia was her mother, whether she liked to admit of that or not anymore. She wasn’t particularly horrible with her, she acted in no way regarding Hana. Hana didn’t loathe her, she just wished she was appreciated more. To hear such venom from her father, who was nothing but gentle with her was not startling in the least. Hana has no obligation to Sophia anymore; and she didn’t want to, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter