Friend

Melancholia: The Act of Disappearing
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/n: Man I'm so in love with BTS' comeback!! D: Like Bighit can take all my money!! I'm so bummed that their world tour tickets are sold out T.T Well, here's an update to celebrate Boy With Luv!

Jin sat there thinking for a while. Was it possible that Jisoo walked around with a mask? An unusual sentiment wormed its way into his heart. His fingers brushed over his shirt, unaware of the warm pain that flared in his chest. He couldn’t decide why it bothered him.

    It’s because of me. Because of what I did to her in the past…

The past was like a freshly sealed scar. One tear, and everything came pouring out. If that was how Jin felt, then surely Jisoo must have felt the same. Her eyes met his, and she gifted him a timid smile. A hesitant smile. A smile that was not real.

    It struck him that their friendship was nothing but a farce. It was nonexistent. And strangely, it hurt him. He had a deed to accomplish before he left the world. Taehyung clapped enthusiastically beside him.

    “Your friend’s cool,” said the dishevelled boy. Jisoo blushed while Seohyun nodded her approval. It was not long before they were packing up and leaving the building. JIn lingered behind, allowing Jisoo and Taehyung to lead the conversation. He watched her, surrounded by the colours of the sunset.

    There was something so tragically beautiful about the scene. The leaves of autumn that blended into the fires of the ending day. If endings were so beautiful, what would his turn out to be like? If he did not attain Jisoo’s forgiveness, then he could not rest in peace. The ocean bed would not welcome him with open arms, but with a cold, cold rejection.

    You’re just acting like she’ll forgive you straight away. Jisoo never once ratted on you in the past. You hit her, sabotaged her things and tried to set her hair on fire. You’re a worthless bastard.

    “Well, Seokjin?”

Jin blinked. He realised that Jisoo stared at him. “What? What was that?”

    Taehyung’s grin was lopsided. “Would you guys like to crash at my place sometime. We can talk to ghosts?”

    Jin tried, in fruitless effort, not to push the boy aside. “What gives? We’re hardly friends. I just picked you off the streets.” When Taehyung’s eyes glittered, he rolled his eyes. “Never mind. Okay fine.”

    Jisoo giggled. Jin held his breath.

Taehyung just asked me over...with Jisoo! When will I ever see her by myself, and tell her how sorry I am?

Irene’s face assembled in his foggy mind. To establish a connection, you have to pour your heart and soul into someone else.

They walked towards the train station. Jin fished in his pocket and lend Taehyung some money. It was good riddance that the boy was headed towards someplace else. But it was also a problem. He and Jisoo sat on a bench, wallowed in silence. People ran amuck, evidence of time appearing faster than their young lives. Jisoo fiddled with her school bag. She sighed a few times, her eyebrows furrowed.

    “You play well, “ said Jin. He desired anything to break the silence. “Really, I’m impressed.”

    “Thank you,” she said. She avoided looking at him. “Taehyung’s nice. Where did you meet him?”

    “It’s a long story.” He was not about to tell her that Taehyung was a thief. And an utter nutcase. It was just his luck that he attracted the wrong kind of attention. From a cult-like maths club, to a hyperactive girl that dyed her hair blonde, to a thief who claimed he spoke to dead people. Jin cleared his throat, running his hand through his hair.

    “Will I see you again? Next Monday? At the ramen place?”

Please log in to read the full chapter