The Four Princesses

Reply 1430
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: This will be a Momoland fanfic...

 

 

It was a sunny day.

 

Sejong Daewang was particularly happy on this day, and so he decided to keep a tab on his princesses.

 

Technically, this was a bad decision, as the princesses had a very fiery temper. The usual situation, of course, was Sejong being thrown out of the princesses' study. Nonetheless, a jolly Sejong walked towards the chamber.

 

He had four merry daughters, all fair and proud, and he was proud of their talent and strengths. He went to check on his eldest.

 

Strange clattering noises rang from her room. Sejong frowned. It sounded like bricks, and Sejong did not like letting them near bricks. Too dusty, and too rough. He pushed open the door.

 

"Lee Hyebin! What on earth are you doing?" Sejong asked.

 

"This is a new game I've invented." The eldest princess smiled. "I call it... Lego."

 

"Hmm." Sejong knew she had a knack for creating fun games. Heck, she invented Minifigures. But Sejong was still doubtful. "Show me."

 

With amazing skill, the princess assembled the tiles. Within moments, a life-like replica of the palace courtroom was constructed. "This is amazing." Sejong whispered. "Will you have it coloured?"

 

"Maybe." The princess shrugged. "But watch this." She flew her hands around the structure, disassembling and reassembling here and there. Revealed to Sejong was another model of the royal garden.

 

"Perhaps I shall let the royal carpenters detail your design." Sejong nodded. "You are very talented."

 

"Not the first day I've been praised." The princess packed all the tiles into a box. "I'll give this to the carpenters later this evening."

 

"Very well, Hyebin ah." Sejong nodded. "I'll go to check on your sisters."

 

"I'm sure they're up to no good."

 

"Perhaps." A smile tugged at the corners of Sejong's mouth. "At least they have the decency to stay quiet."

 

"Oh, I wouldn't bet on that." Hyebin muttered. "Just you wait until midnight."

 

"I'm going."

 

Sejong stepped out of the room. He would have guards tripled at midnight. 

 

Next up was the second princess' room, and Sejong paused for a moment there. Dabin was certainly the most ferocious of the four princesses. She was headstrong and precocious: not a good sign. But Sejong always favoured her more. Perhaps it was her similarity towards her father that appealed to him.

 

"Come in." Dabin said, and the emperor pushed open the door.

 

The princess was seated on the floor, casually flipping a book. "Do have a seat, Father."

 

"What are you reading?" Sejong tried to make light conversation.

 

"The title is labeled 'Joseon'." Dabin snapped the book shut. "Personally I find it enticing, because of the imaginative rubbish. The author seems to think that we are draped in loincloths and ride peacocks."

 

"Hmm." Sejong tried to keep his face straight.

 

"Also, they praise of you as a handsome and fair ruler, which i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter