Maybe They Should Take it Slow

Things that are Golden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The intro of Twenty-three by IU woke Haseul up. 

She knew it was one of her parents calling her. She set that song as ringtone especially for them because she always gets so alert when she hears an IU song.

A yawn escaped as she stretched her arms. Her back felt nice after she did so. 

She answered the call, still groggy.

"Mom?"

"Sseul!" Her mother sounded so energised so early in the morning. "When did you say you'd come here again?"

"Saturday," Haseul answers. "I'll be on my way in the afternoon, so at night I'd be there already."

Her mother hummed, as if taking a mental note. "Will you be bringing someone over to introduce to us? Tell us ahead of time so we could prepare more food for them."

"Jinsol is on vacation, and I think Sooyoung will be busy this summer for her modelling career." Haseul states. "And... I'm not in a relationship."

"Ooh, I see, I see." Her mother said. "Hey, do you remember that one guy who always asks if you're around? He asked your father again if he could properly court you this time, so if you're not in a relationship—"

Haseul groaned, releasing all the frustration she has been keeping whenever the dating topic comes up. "Mom, I said I'm not interested in him... He could find someone better."

"He's an engineering student! A very handsome one, at that!" 

"Please..." Haseul sighs in defeat. "Just that... I don't think I'd ever like him, okay? I see him as a friend, and there's nothing more to that..."

"We understand..." Her mom says calmly now.

Haseul ruffled her bed hair, sighing for the nth time this morning. Finally, she won't be bugged about dating anymore...

Not.

"But if you—"

"I can take it from here, mom." Haseul quickly cuts off. She knows her mom will keep pushing about it, again. "If I want to date, I'll date someone. And you guys will be the first one to hear the news, I promise."

"Okay, just update us." Her mom said. "Take care and have a good day, Sseul!"

Haseul nodded it off to herself. "Thanks, mom. Good morning, have a good day too." 

She ended the call, knowing that it won't end if she doesn't end it.

 

"Good morning!" The blonde one greets, at her maximum energy.

She sat on the sofa the same way Haseul last saw her last night. It made her wonder if the girl got any sleep at all.

Haseul is trying to get familiarised with the feeling of coexisting with someone she isn't close with. She thinks of her as a dorm mate who just transferred to the unit.

"Good morning." With a small smile, she reciprocated the warm greeting. The other girl then gave a toothy grin. 

As the older girl, she took initiative and asked the main question of the morning. "What do you want for breakfast?"

Jungeun stared up the ceiling for a while. "I could go out to buy food for us..." She trails off before she continues with a jokingly grim tone. "Or I could try cooking our breakfast."

The older girl wasn't the type of person to judge quickly. But since Sooyoung entrusted the unit to her, she had to raise a questioning eyebrow at the blonde. 

Teasin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter