A Thief Stole My Heart

How Could I Fall for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You first," Irene says, jutting her chin towards the door. Wendy nods and treads lightly, careful to not make noise. Yeri and Irene press their backs against the brick exterior of the building, guns ready.

"Clear," Wendy calls, her gun pointed and head swiveling. "I don't see anyone."

"They must already be at the vault," Irene decides. "Move out."

The three see a bound receptionist and three bank tellers. They're blindfolded and gagged, their voices muffled as they protest. "Untie them, you two. I'll go look for Seulgi."

"Careful," Yeri says, eyeing Irene. This doesn't go unnoticed by the raven-haired team leader.

"I always am," Irene retorts, leaving without a second glance.

"Are you two okay?" Wendy raises an eyebrow at Yeri and unties the blindfold of one bank teller. 

Yeri gives her a reproachful look. "What are you talking about?"

"Okay, then," Wendy says. She decides not to push the subject and instead turns her attention to the bank teller. "Whoa... I mean, can you tell us what happened?"

The pretty bank teller rubs her eyes. "What?"

Yeri finishes untying the next two bank tellers and begins freeing the receptionist.

"Do you remember how you got here?" Wendy touches the bank teller's arm comfortingly. Yeri just rolls her eyes.

"Keep it in your pants, Seungwan."

"Shut up," Wendy hisses.

"I... I don't know. I was working and then suddenly... I woke up tied." The girl shivers. She looks exceptionally younger than the other bank employees, and Wendy gets caught staring. "Is there something on my face?"

"Oh, um, no, sorry," Wendy stumbles over her words. "So you were working and then all of a sudden tied? Seulgi must've knocked you all out somehow without drawing attention."

"Seulgi? Kang Seulgi?" The bank teller's bewildered look spreads to the other employees.

"Seulgi the Diamond Thief," one teller says, realizing the gravity of the situation. "She's after the diamonds. Vault 316."

"I need access, now," Wendy commands. The teller who mentioned the vault fumbles around behind the teller desk, opening some drawers.

"Here," he says, handing Wendy a key. 

Wendy thanks him and tells the workers to leave the scene for their safety, but not before asking the pretty, young bank teller for her name.

"Oh, ah, Eunji," she answers, taken aback. "My name is Eunji."

"I'll remember that," Wendy says, giving her best smile. "I'm Wendy. Maybe I'll see you around?"

"Uh,.."

"Seungwan unnie!" Yeri yells. "Hurry up!"

"See you later." Wendy smiles shyly before ducking away and chasing her younger teammate, leaving Eunji mouth agape, the corners of slowly turning up into a smile.

 

"We have to keep it professional, Wendy!" Yeri scolds her elder. "We're on a job!"

Wendy scrunches her nose. "You're one to talk."

"Let's just get this done." Yeri reaches the vault. "Toss the key."

Wendy swings one arm and the key sails through the air. Yeri's hand shoots out and snatches the key out of the air. She opens the vault, peeking inside to find stacks and stacks of cash. The walls are lined with drawers, presumably containing diamonds, and Yeri immediately feels unsure.

"Wendy, this doesn't seem right." Yeri swipes a hand at a nearby tower of dollar bills. The image flickers. "My instinct was right. It's all fake."

Wendy takes a tentative step into the vault, standing beside Yeri. She looks around, knitting her brows as her eyes land on a strange device concealed in the corner. She plucks the device from its place and the room shifts. The money is all gone, and the sound of machinery bounces off the walls.

"Yeri, the door!" Wendy makes a break for the exit, but the door slams shut. A loud sound from above draws the pair's attention to the ceiling. Large iron spikes shoot out and gain proximity.

"Oh, man," Yeri says slowly. "Well, this kind of ."

"No, , Sherlock."

 

After leaving her friends, Irene investigates the lower floor of the bank. She passes by vault after vault, gun at the ready, when someone suddenly drops from the ceiling. Irene is about to yell when said someone clamps a hand over .

"Hey, Irene," Seulgi says sof

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter