What Are These Feelings I'm Feeling Inside

How Could I Fall for You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's cloth shorts and white tank top -- the usual pajamas -- feel uncomfortably warm against her skin despite the A/C running throughout the room. She sits on her bed, pulling her knees close. She can't believe that she met Kang Seulgi. She met her face-to-face. Hell, she'd even talked to her and come back alive. Irene can't believe it one bit. As Irene rests her head between her knees, thinking about her encounter with the notorious robber, she finds herself coming back to the instance of Seulgi's soft hand touching her face. Irene can still hear Seulgi's voice: "You really are pretty." It sounds so real, and, well, real...

"You!" In the blink of an eye, Irene's pointing her pistol at the person she was just thinking about.

"I compliment you, and you pull a gun on me? Are you going to shoot me?" Seulgi raises an eyebrow, amused.

Irene tightens her grip on the handgun. "Not unless I have to."

"I'd appreciate it if you'd stop pointing it at me."

"Are you kidding? One of the most infamous criminals in the world is standing inside my bedroom in the middle of the night. Am I supposed to hand you a gift basket? Maybe greet you with a kiss and ask about your day?" Irene's mind is spinning. What the absolute heck is Seulgi doing here?

"I'll take that kiss, thanks," Seulgi says, tapping her cheek. "Or here." Seulgi taps her lips and gives Irene an air kiss.

"Tell me what you want, then get out. Better yet, just get out, before I turn you in."

"Oh? You aren't going to turn me in right away?" Seulgi asks, moving closer. Irene's praying to the heavens above that the darkness hides the growing blush creeping over her face with every step Seulgi takes.

"That's a great idea, actually." Irene reaches for her cell phone with one hand, the other hand pointing a gun at Seulgi, but her eyes flick for one crucial moment towards the phone's supposed location.

And that's all the time Seulgi needs. 

Seulgi twists Irene's slender arm behind her back, keeping the gun out of her reach. When Seulgi tosses the safety-locked gun onto the ground, Irene squirms out of Seulgi's hold, throwing one fist towards Seulgi's head and another at Seulgi's stomach. The dark-haired criminal dodges both attempts, using one forearm to direct the second punch so that Irene is thrown off balance. In her moment of weakness, Irene finds herself pinned to the bed. Breathing heavily, not so much from the exercise, and heart beating fast, Irene feels scandalized. Exposed. Irene brings a knee up, making contact with Seulgi's not-so-soft stomach.

Damn, abs.

"Oof!" Seulgi rolls off the bed. She did not expect Irene to retaliate.

Irene swings a leg low, aiming for the ankles. Seulgi hops easily, kicking her own leg up at the same time, making Irene veer left.

"I --hmph-- didn't come... here to f-fight!" Seulgi protests, redirecting a flurry of attempted punches with the last hitting its mark. Seulgi doubles over at the unexpected impact to her side and Irene has the upper hand.

"Well, then what did you come here to do?" Irene eyes the incapacitated girl lying before her. Her hair is awfully nice.

"Um, I-" Seulgi hesitates, glancing to her left at nothing in particular, "-I wanted to see you again."

"See... me?" Irene doesn't think she's hearing anything properly. What would such a delinquent want with a D.E.B like her? 

"Yeah," Seulgi says, unsure of what to do. There's an awkward silence, so Seulgi adds, "Plus, I know you're writing that research paper on me, and who wouldn't want to get information straight from the source? I'm sure the information you currently have is very outdated or inaccurate."

Irene considers Seulgi's point, then mentally slaps herself. She can't be friendly to this... this... vagabond! Convict! Miscreant-

"So...?" Seulgi gives Irene a strange look, and the D.E.B realizes she zoned out for too long.

"I don't think that's such a good idea," Irene answers stubbornly, crossing her arms.

Seulgi sighs, and the next thing Irene knows, cold metal presses into her side. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be."

"I knew it," Irene mutters, reluctantly leaving with Seulgi.

The two girls are almost out of the forcefield that protects the house when a voice calls out, "Unnie?"

Irene's blood runs cold. "Yerim, don't come any closer. Please don't hurt her." Irene whispers the last part for only Seulgi to hear.

"I'm no monster," Seulgi whispers back, slightly offended, before responding to Yeri, "You didn't see anything."

Yeri's look of confusion is replaced as the realization dawns on her. "Let her go!"

"Don't take another step." Seulgi's voice is dangerously calm.

Thwack!

"Yeri!" Irene cries, a hand reaching out instinctively as if to touch the younger girl who is a good fifteen feet away.

Yeri's eyes are wide. "A crossbow? A mini crossbow?" Her eyes dart to her side, where an arrow has impaled her jacket to the tree behind her. She slides her arms out of the sleeves. "That was one of my favorite jackets, you know!"

"Oops," Seulgi mutters unapologetically. She has one hand gripping Irene's shoulder, and Irene feels like Seulgi's hand is going to melt her skin. it feels too hot. "You're coming with us."

Yeri beings to protest, but is quickly silenced by the metal-tipped arrow waving in front of her face. Seulgi directs the freshman girl to walk in front.

"If you make any sudden movements, I'll shoot her," Seulgi warns. Irene finds that Seulgi's voice strangely lacks any real menacing tone, but the words alone make Irene obedient.

"Who is this?" Joy asks incredulously, looking Yeri up and down. Yeri quickly hugs her chest.

"Somebody decided to come check in on Miss Bae, here," Seulgi explains. "It seemed best to take her with us."

"Smart," Joy agrees. "Do you have a name?"

Yeri opens to respond but finds someone else responding for her.

"Her name is Yeri," Irene says coldly. "Stay away from her."

Joy throws her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, now. I wouldn't do anything to harm this young lady."

"Cut the act, Soo, you aren't even that much older if at all."

Seulgi gets into the driver's seat. Irene rides shotgun, and Yeri sits in the back with Joy, who smiles warmly at the younger girl. Yeri tries to smile back but can't bring herself to do so, instead choosing to watch the scenery pass by out the window. Green blurs turn to gray blurs, and Yeri sees fewer trees and more concrete. They're in unfamiliar territory. The old 1960s Bentley trudges along a dark road that leads into a tunnel. Irene shifts uncomfortably in the passenger seat, and Seulgi notices. Seulgi also notices that when she places a steadying hand on the girl's exposed thigh, the girl doesn't move away, instead hiding her face from Seulgi's view. The malefactor takes this as a sign of improvement, choosing to ignore the possibility that Irene might be too scared to reject her. Little does she know how Irene really just gets embarrassed easily from unexpected skinship. The D.E.B.S team leader was used to being the initiator and rarely found herself on the receiving end.

Once the car passes through the tunnel, the group finds themselves surrounded by various people who looked, well, the wrong sort. Yeri fails to hide a horrified gasp upon seeing one man with a forked tongue and skull tattoos. Seulgi just laughs, and she parks the car by a group of people wearing biker vests. One of them nods to Seulgi as a sign of respect. Seulgi doesn't acknowledge it and opens the door for Irene.

"Come on," Seulgi coaxes. "Do you really just want to sit in here?"

"I don't want to go anywhere with you," Irene says, keeping her eyes ahead. She doesn't want to look into those dark chocolate eyes.

"You'd rather go and socialize with these people?" Seulgi gestures to the crowd that surrounds them. One person with purple hair and an eyebrow piercing shatters a bottle on the side of a building from where loud music flows. 

"Anyone but you."

"Suit yourself," Seulgi shrugs, closing the car door. "Let's go, Soo."

Joy gives Yeri an apologetic glance before following Seulgi towards the club.

"A-are you sure we can't go inside?" Yeri asks after a minute. 

"Do you want to?" Irene asks her own question in response. 

"Oh, uh, no," Yeri says quickly, but Irene knows Yeri's curiosity is getting the better of her.

"Yes, you do."

"Maybe-" Yeri screeches as a flame suddenly goes up in the parking lot. Some other group set off a bomb and is laughing at the explosion they've created. A smoldering pile of who-knows-what lies incinerated on the ground. "Uh, maybe we should go inside, unnie?"

Yeri's voice sounds terrified, and Irene admits she's also curious. "Okay, Yerimmie."

 

Inside the club, Seulgi sits at a table, sipping a beer. She flips the bottle cap around lazily. "Do you think she'll come?"

Joy's face says it all. "You kidnapped h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter