final

Track a gnome or maybe a pixie

     By the time Taemin woke up Minho had already left his bed, leaving a mess of blankets next to the younger. the young boy sat on the bed, rubbing at his eyes to get rid of his sleepiness.He looked around his friend's room, thinking about the story Minho's dad had read to them before bed the previous night. About elves, dragons, dwarfs and gnomes. About pixies, fairies and warlocks. The boy didn't see anything suspecious, no big footprints or glowing stones or pixie dust. He doubted that the little broom kept at the corner belonged to a witch, but then again no one can tell, he thought glancing at it nervously. Taemin wasn't feeling brave enough to face anyone of... them alone so he quickly got out of bed and ran downstairs.

     "Taeminie, good morning darling! Did you sleep well?" Minho's mom asked kissing the seven year old's forhead.

    "Good morning ahjumma. I slept very well!"

     "Minho is out in the park if you want to join him. I'll call you two when breakfast is ready. Put on your boots and coat bofore going out okay?"

     Nodding his head and taking out a cookie out of the jar to munch on Taemin hurriedly followed Minho's mother's requests, eager to join his friend, then ran out of the house into the cold winter. It was the middle of december and snow covered everything like a big white blanket. The park infront of his best friend's house was of the same fate. Taemin ran across the street after confirming that no cars were coming at him. Seeing Minho, he ran to him yelling "Minho! Good morning!"

     The nine year old boy looked up from the ground and smiled and greeted the younger back.

     "Minho what are you doing?"

     "I'm tracking something Taemin-ah. Wanna join me?"

     Feeling braver when he was with the elder boy, Taemin nodded his head in agreement.

     "What are you tracking though?" Taemin asked as he held Minho's hand and walked with him, following the footprints on the snow.

     "I don't know for sure. But possibly, you know- just possibly it might be a dwarf. It might even be a gnome, but I doubt that." Minho replied. Taemin quickly tightened his hold on the elder, looking around the park with widened eyes.

     "It's very funny though. It looks like there are two animals now, there was only one when I started." Minho stated.

     The park had birch trees and acron trees and such on their left hand side, and pine trees on their right. they formed a circular path, less than a ten minute walk for an adult. The two walked on, following the footprints etched on the snow while talking about many things. Taemin recited all the details he learned from his grandfather about warecats to Minho. Minho suddenly wondered if the footprints they were following were of warecats but then dismissed the idea. The footprints were too much humen to be of a cat's.

     "But they might be in their man-body hyung. You never know!" Taemin exclaimed.

     "Oh! Ofcause." Minho agreed gravely. Suddenly he stopped and pointed excitedly infront of him."Look!"

     "What?!" asked Taemin with a jump. And to show that he hadn't been frightened, he jumped up and down in a exercising sort of way.

     "The tracks! A third and a fourth animal had joined them!"

     Things were begining to look slightly dangerous in the heads of the two boys. But Taemin pointed out, "But those footprints are smaller than the others. It can't be a dwarf or a gnome."

     "You are right. Hm... Most likely....." Minho bent down to closely observe the print. "My investi.. inve... investigation is over." said Minho, congradulating himself for using a big word. "I believe it is either an elf or a pixie!"

     So the two went on, a little anxious now, incase the creatures infront of them were hungry. the suspense was becoming unbearable for the two investigaters. luckily, the sun was on it's way up and it wasn't cold. Just as Taemin was about to tell his friend about the pixie he had drawn, a voice distracted them.

     "Minho! Taemin! breakfast is ready." Minho's mom walked up to the two youngsters and smiled. "What were you doing outside for half an hour though?"

     "We were tracking a gnome ahjumma!" taemin yellled and Minho nodded excitedly. The two were actually glad that they got called for breakfast because their adventure was becoming a bit too scary. but ofcause, if they were not called for breakfast, they would continue on for thats what brave explorers do.

     Minho's mother looked down at what they were tracking and noticed the footprints. Smiling to herself she guided the two kids back inside and gave each of them a plate full if fluffy pancakes with lots of butter and honey.

     When Minho's dad came home from work, she was waiting to tell him about the kids exciting adventure. About how the two had followed their own footprints, mistaking them to be of a magical being's. The two adults had a good laugh about the kids antics for indeed, those two had a big imagination and this was not the first time something like this happned and the adults doubteed it would be the last.