The Other Girl

ME, YOU. HER.

There you are.

So precious yet taken for granted. You're so special yet she can't seem to see how valuable you are. Someone like you should be cheerished and loved.

But there you are, dumped and hurt. 

 

And then there's me...

Wishing, daydreaming, hoping, holding unto something I know we will never be.
 

All the what-if's, if-only's , and I can do better or could've been us-- thoughts keep on playing in my mind like a broken record.

 

What if it is me whom you fall inlove with? If only I wasn't this scared, if only I have the guts to tell you what I feel. Cause honestly now, I can do it better. I can be a better lover.
 

 

But that will only happen if our stars align, which is probably not gonna happen.
 

Cause in the picture, its not only me and you. There's her too.

 

"Mind sharing that?"

 

Yeonwoo look at me with her usual expression. Empty and lifeless.

 

It's funny how I always craved for that affection in her eyes when I know I'll never, ever get it. Not in this lifetime maybe.
 

 

She tap the space asking me to sit beside her, and ofcourse she knows I'll never decline.

I was about to reach for the cigarette in her hands but she throw it away, blowing the smoke out of and some on the nose while stepping on the poor stick.

 

"What the heck!?"

"No,you're not smoking."

"I'm already 18!" I tried to argue but she glare. A deadly one.

" I said you're not smoking."

"Are you my mother? Stop telling me what to do. I can handle myself."

 

Can I?

Can I just be mad at her for once? Why can't I be angry at her?
Why does she have that much control in my beating muscle and thinking organ when we only know each other for a month now?
 

"Fine." She always win.

And she don't even realize that.

 

Silence engulfs as I was gathering my feelings. I got it bad. I am in so much trouble!
 

"Who is this kid?" She break the ice.

"What?"

I look at her in disbelief. Can she just let it slip this time?

"Stop playing dumb."

"It was an accident. She just tripped" Now I remember what happen in the cafeteria earlier.
That .

 

"She purposely pour that juice on you."

"Okay. Partially it was my fault too. She saw me talking to Subin oppa and I'm quiet expecting that."

Psh. Fangirls.

 

"Follow me."

"Wha--wait, Yeonwoo. No you're not doing this. ." no not again!

 

Her dark and angry aura was so evident as she walk past the students going out of her way, avoiding to touch even her hair.

 

 

I heard murmurs and whispers, well they aren't new.

They say Yeonwoo is a trouble maker. They say she got worst. They say Yeonwoo is a sick excuse of human being,  and they hate her the most.

 

They say Taeha made a right choice breaking up with her, they said Taeha deserves better than her. They say Taeha is happy that she's out her life. And that Taeha found someone new.

 

Yeonwoo was supposed to be mad at them, how I wish she'll beat these people who says bad things behind her back like the way she beats those who bully and mess with me.

 

"Yeonwoo!"

And then there's her. Taeha.

 

Just by the mention of Yeonwoo's name from her lips, she falls again. Yeonwoo just keep on falling and falling and I don't know why. Love is what they term it.

 

Seeing Taeha, her expression changes, it soften. She looks at her like the way I see her, so precious and should be love. Yeonwoo always have these shine in her eyes whenever she see Taeha.

 

Is it love? Is it wanting? Ofcourse it is! She give Taeha a smile she didn't even give to me when she's sober.

 

This is such a joke! Taeha hurts her and keep on doing it but without a brake Yeonwoo still continue on loving her.

 

"Come with me."

Taeha holds her hand and Yeonwoo's eyes twinkles. I want to hold her other hand but who am I to ask her to stay? Who am I to stand on they're way?

 

She always go to wherever Taeha drags her, without complaint and with all eagerness. Taeha can tame the wild her. She calms the raging Yeonwoo.

She is Yeonwoo's everything! The you in Yeonwoo's me. And I probably don't have a rule in their story, not even a "her" rule.

 

Taeha drag her somewhere and when Yeonwoo was out of my sight, here I am back at it again. 

 

Closing my eyes, feeling the pain, not wanting to see her go.

 

Being completely forgotten and was left broken. But who am I to complain?

 

 

I am just that other girl Yeonwoo called friend.