Staying for you

Summer Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late at night, Tiffany laid on her bed, staring blankly into space.

Her second heartbreak. It happened again.

Tears slipped quietly down her face, not that she was even aware than she was crying. Everything was falling apart again, her body felt numb all over, and her heart hurts so much.

She forgot to ask Taeyeon how she got her memories back. Though, Tiffany had a feeling that when Taeyeon saw her playing the piano it must've triggered it all.

A thin veil of light slipped through her dark room, reminding her of the first time she set foot on this small city, she was in the same state as now. Outside, the moon was full and bright, but was hidden by the clouds.

At leasr she got what she wanted, Tiffany thought. Closure.

Fighting a sob, she bit down her lip, so hard she could almost taste blood. And me gone forever from her life.

As much as she could, she tried to work her hardest to distract herself from her broken heart. That was easier said than done. Because this time, the pain was worse because Taeyeon knew. Taeyeon knew, and it tortured her.

She was like a living doll.

Everyone could tell that she was a wreck, given her bloodshot eyes, the bags under her eyes, drastic weight loss and gloomy mood. But they gave her a break; everybody could tell that she was trying.

Two weeks later, she received a letter – an invitation.

The Olive or Twist bar was to celebrate its 50th anniversary, and she was invited.

However conflicted she was, she decided to go. She couldn't decline the invitation; after all, it's been two years.
______________________________

At first, everyone couldn't believe their eyes – that it was Tiffany standing at the door. She thought the silence was deafening, and would last forever had it she not been ambushed by hugs from her friends.

Everyone greeted her with teary eyes, everyone but Taeyeon. She didn't even expect her to welcome her, but it doesn't mean it didn't hurt any less.

Her best friend and sister-figure, Jung Jessica, was especially upset with her, angry that she was the last person to know about Tiffany's situation. Beside her, her wife – Yuri, gave her an apologetic smile for her wife's behaviour. With a promise that she'll never do it again, Tiffany hugged Jessica.

When she was called up stage, everyone cheered wildly. It's been a while since she performed.

"I would just like to say how I've missed you all, and that I'm sorry in advance because I'm probably rusty because I haven't been playing for a while." She missed the frown on Taeyeon's face when she said that. "So, here it goes. Happy 50 years, Olive and Twist!"

Taking a deep breathe, she steeled her nerves before beginning to play. It surprised everyone that she sang 'Love Song', the last song she performed before she disappeared. But it was the first song that came to mind.

When Tiffany was done playing, she was catching up with her friends. Being with friends, sharing a good laugh or a joke, she missed this feeling.

Time to time, she would return to the stage and play a few classical pieces that had jovial tunes, at times, she'd take song requests. It had been a long eventful night.

While the merriment went on, Tiffany secretly snuck out. As much as she missed them all, she felt like it wasn't her place anymore. She didn't belong there anymore.

I'm sorry.

She couldn't remember the last time she walked around Seoul at night by herself. Oh, wait, she remembered! That silly '100 days' where she gave Taeyeon a scarf. She didn't really take it, did she? Some homeless man must have it now. And she was really insensitive to the occasion.

Just the thought of it brought a smile to her face, reminding her of her silly infatuation as Taeyeon would put it. Of course, she was so young back then.

So young, so naïve.

Tucking her hands behind her back, she wondered when will she ever move on from Taeyeon? It might take another two years or more. By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter