Letting you go

Summer Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the second chapter. Do tell me how it was. 

                 ______________________________

The day Taeyeon woke up from her coma, the first thing that came to mind was a brown-haired girl in tears. In her stream of unconsciousness, she heard a voice, apologizing. Her heart broke at the sound of it. And the last thing she remembered – or felt, while in coma, was the feel of soft hands caressing her cheek. All of this, she swore came from the brown-haired girl. Problem is, she didn't know who she was. The girl was a blur.

The moment Taeyeon woke up, her body felt heavy and weak, and all of her idiot friends rejoiced at her awakening.

She couldn't remember the last time she was the center of everyone's attention, yet it felt too overwhelming. It was nice, to feel loved by many.

"What's the last thing you remember?" her doctor asked.

Massaging her head, she recalled as best as she could. "I got into an accident, my car crashed. That's it."

From the corner of her eyes, she caught the look on her friend Sooyoung, as if asking for more. But Sunny patted Sooyoung's shoulder, shaking her head at her. Strange. Taeyeon felt like something was missing, but no one would tell her.

A day after her discharge, her friends threw a little party for her. Per usual, everyone was rowdy as ever.

For the strangest reasons, Taeyeon felt like something was missing. And then, when they reached the bar, her eyes kept looking at the stage, searching for something. Something was definitely missing.

Despite the smiles on everyone's faces, she could see underlying sadness in them. Taeyeon was a master of concealing her feelings, the only ones who could read him were his parents, Sunny, Sooyoung, and–

Feeling her head throb, she massaged her temples. Why did it feel like she was missing something?

Two years passed by before she knew it.

Taeyeon found herself at Spokane, where she was invited to be a guest instructor. She was an architect, and a damn good one. By the time she arrived, it was getting late; Though she managed to get into an inn. Deciding that she wanted to see more of the island's architecture, she decided to go for a walk.

The town, which she thought was small and a bit cramped, was beautiful. It was even more under the moonlight, how much more by day? Above her, millions of stars twinkled, but the moon always shone brighter. For a while, she stared at the moon, admiring the fullness of it. Yet, she couldn't help but think of a void in herself.

Two years, and she still can't rid of the feeling that something was definitely missing in her life. It haunted her. It frustrated Taeyeon that even her friends couldn't tell her, on how things in her life seemed to be forcibly altered.

She hated not knowing the unknown.

Through the sleepy town, she heard lilting notes. A sad melody.

Something inside Taeyeon told her to go to it.

So she followed the sound, finding herself outside a café. The curtains were drawn, so she was unable to look in, but she saw light through the front door.

Te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter