Mother's Love and Her Guilt

The Ice Prince and The Narcissistic Cheonsa
Hello minna san, again sorry for the delay, I already finished the next chapter so I'll try to post it tomorrow.

Thank you for supporting this fanfic. ❤ Also, please English is not my native language so I'm so sorry for all the grammatical error and typo.


###########################


"Ajumma!" Jeonghan happily called out once he saw Seungcheol's mother in the kitchen making their breakfast.

"Oh? Good morning, Hannie ah!" Mrs. Choi greeted him with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

Jeonghan returns the smile,

Mrs. Choi looked around.

"Uhmm ... Where's my Seungcheollie, Hannie?" She suddenly asked for her son.

"Still asleep," Jeonghan replied.

"Oh, I see,"

*Long pause*

"Ajumma, it's really rare for me to see you here, you're really quite busy ever since you moved in here," Jeonghan said with a hint of curiosity.

Well, they've been living together for  quite long now and he rarely sees Mrs. Choi around the house.

The woman only smiles at him and said,

"Yeah sorry, I just don't want to burden you."

The young man chuckles,

"You're really like your son,"

"Pardon?"

"Cheollie always telling me that too," he giggled.

"Oh, I-I see, hahahah. Well, like mother like son," she shrugged.

Jeonghan nodded still smiling,

"But ... Sorry Hannie ah, we were just not comfortable with this kind of set up," she admitted.

Cheonsa saw how Mrs. Choi's facial expression changed in a second,

"But ... I'm just ... Repaying you," Jeonghan mumbled, but loud enough to hear.

I just want to repay you for all the good things your family done to me,

I'm really thankful to the both of you, for giving me the love that I want since I was young.

I just want to thank you, for the bottom of my heart.

"You don't have to, little Han ah ..."

The beautiful angel gasped, looking at the woman in front of him with wide eyes,

Mrs. Choi smiled at him and nodded,

"It's been a while, I'm happy you're doing well."

"A-a-you--"

Jeonghan couldn't believe what just he heard,

"Aju-m-ma," his voice cracked.

Don't tell me, she ...

"That bracelet,"

Jeonghan gulped,

!

Jeonghan was taken aback, but Mrs. Choi just smiled at him tenderly and said,

"I'm happy you found each other again, Han ah."

"I-I'm s-sorry--"

Jeonghan can't think properly anymore, he even don't know what to do,

Mrs. Choi shook her head.

"Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret to Seungcheol, but I hope, you'll tell him sooner, before it's too late."

Did he heard it correctly?

"A-Ajumma!"

Cheonsa hugs her tightly, Mrs. Choi hugged him back,

"I-I'm sorry Ajumma, I'm really sorry! I ... I ... I didn't meant to lie to you, I just thought you will get angry at me because I left that time without telling you."

"No, I'm not angry, I understand," she said, caressing Jeonghan's hair fondly.

Jeonghan closed his eyes, feeling the warmth,

"But Seungcheollie, that time he ..."

*Flashback*

"Han ah will love these flowers, Eomma!" Seungcheol chirped while holding a bouquet of tulips that the Ajumma from the flower shop earlier gave to him, thanking him for helping her at the shop.

"You're always excited to see little Han ah, don't you Seungcheollie?" His Mother smiled to him.

"I just really like him, Eomma," Seungcheol blushed, smiling shyly.

"Aww, my little boy is in love," Mrs. Choi giggled.

"Hmmm ... Eomma?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"D-do you think, Han ah likes me too?" Little Seungcheol suddenly asked his Mother.

 curved into a smile,

"Are you worried?"

Seungcheol nodded,

"Then let's ask him directly, shall we?" Mrs. Choi grinned,

Seungcheol face immediately brightens up, 

"Okay!"

.
.
.

Seungcheol's face coated in surprise and the bouquet he was holding tightly a while ago fell on the floor,

The bed Jeonghan's supposed to be lying on was ... Empty?

He clicked his tongue and without saying any word he immediately dashed outside the room and asked the nurses to where Jeonghan is but ...

"Her Father already discharged him," one of the nurse answered him.

"Father?" Seungcheol, who was out of breath from running questionably asked.

"Yes, Mister Yoon already took his son,"

Mister Yoon? Who is that Mister Yoon? He took Jeonghan away from me?

"B-b-but he doesn't ... He doesn't have ..."

"I heard they went abroad to stay there for good."

"A-abroad? W-where?"

"I'm not sure, anyway, I'll go ahead little boy, we're busy," the nurse patted Seungcheol's head and left.

"Seungcheol!"

Mrs. Choi called out once she reached her son.

"What are you doing? You can't run at the hospital hallway like this."

"Eomma," Seungcheol started sobbing.

His mother stopped,

"Han ah left and I can't see him anymore."

"What?"

"I CAN'T SEE HIM ANYMORE!"

*End of flashback*

"Back then, when you left, Seungcheol suffered from depression. He really miss you so much and I can't do anything."

Hearing this, Jeonghan's heart shattered into pieces.

"B-but why didn't he recognised me? The bracelet he gave me, I treasures it the most and yet ... And yet he didn't even ... I---"

"Hypnosis ..."

"What?"

"I paid someone to hypnotize my son to forget you, *weakly smile* I know it sounds crazy, but I really have no choice. I've done everything, we went to a psychologist, he even finished his eight session therapy but it didn't work. He said he's already fine but I knew he wasn't, his eyes were ... Full of sadness. I'm really desperate that time, he's so young to suffer like that. I can't watch him crying every night, every single day, my Seungcheol, my sunshine. He became skinny because he doesn't want to eat, he doesn't want to go outside, he stopped going to school. The only thing he wanted was to see you."

Mrs. Choi wipes his tears,

"I'm sorry Han ah, I just don't want my son to ruin his life."

Jeonghan only nodded, tears flowing freely from his eyes,

"I understand, I left a deep scar in Seungcheol's heart, I apologize,"

"Thank you for understanding me, Han ah."

"No, thank you for ... Trusting me again, Ajumma."

.
.
.

"Oh? Han ah! Wait, why is your eyes red?"

"Eh?" Jeonghan rubs his eyes roughly.

"Yah idiot! You're making them redder!" Seungcheol shouted pulling Jeonghan's both hands to stop him from rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry," Jeonghan pouted.

Seungcheol looks at him,

"Come here,"

"Huh?"

"I'll hug you to make you feel better."

Upon hearing that, Jeonghan's eyes immediately twinkled,

"Cheollie~" He chirped,

"A-w-w-wait, don't jump at m--"

.
.
.

The next day,

While walking going to Seungcheol's classroom, Jeonghan caught a glimpse to the new Chinese kid at their school sitting on one of the benches.

A visible smirk immediately crept on his lips as he approached him,

"Hey!" Jeonghan tap his shoulder.

Minghao spare him a glance then go back reading his book,

Jeonghan raised a brow, why do he feels like this happens before? Deja vu?

"I'm talking to you," he pressed his words harder.

Minghao closed his book and sighed,

"What do you want?" He only asked with a hint of annoyance.

"Well, I---"

"If you're here to confess to me, I'm not interested. You're beautiful but you're not my type," he cuts his words right away.

"EXCUSE ME!?" 

Jeonghan as all we know immediately offended.

"FYI you Mister! You're not even as handsome as my boyfriend, don't worry, I'm not interested in you too!" He raged,

"Then, why are you talking me?" Minghao asked coldly.

"Huh! Well, I just want to tell you that you're soulmate is always chasing me like a dog!"

"Soulmate?" 

"I'm talking about Wen Junhui!"

"What are you saying?"

You can see how Minghao expression changed once he heard about Jun,

He then scanned Jeonghan from head to toe.

"Are you ... Yoon Jeonghan?"

"Exactly! The one and only," Jeonghan answered proudly.

"Mmm ... There's nothing special about you besides your beautiful face."

"WHAT?!"

"So, you're the person Junhui likes now."

"Hey! Stop mocking me, okay? You're not also good enough for him!"

"I know," Minghao weakly smile.

Jeonghan stopped when Minghao just admitted what he said,

I mean, just like that? He didn't even try to defend his self.

"You ..."

"I know I can't get him back anymore but still I want to try. I'm such a jerk and coward that time but now I want to tell everyone how much I want him back to me, how much I love him."

*Silence*

Jeonghan sighed,

"Honestly, I want to help you,"

Minghao looks at him suspiciously,

"I'm serious, I want to get rid of him."

"What?"

"As you know, he said he likes me but I don't like him, still he keeps on pursuing me and even asked me to break up with my boyfriend just so we can be together. I mean seriously, your soulmate is really a pain in the ."

"Yeah," Minghao laughed a little.

"So, do you want my help?"

"If it's free then why not," he grinned.

"Good, well said."

.
.
.

At Jeonghan's condo unit,

"Where's Seungcheol?" Joshua asked once he stepped in, inside Jeonghan's place.

"At his work," our Cheonsa pouted, missing his boyfriend already.

"What's up with that pout?" Joshua  sneered.

Jeonghan rolled his eyes,

"What do you know about having a boyfriend if you don't have any?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm single and you're taken, you don't have to slap it on my face."

Cheonsa smirked,

"Anyway, you said you talked to Minghao?"

"Oh yeah! He accepted my offer," Jeonghan grinned.

"As I thought,"

"I just need to plan this out to make it work. Wen Junhui is really stubborn."

"I know, right? Lol! By the Jeonghannie,"

"Yes?"

"The Ajumma next door,"

"A-who?"

"The Ajumma who lives next to you."

"Oh! I didn't meet her yet but I heard they moved in like a week ago?"

"I-I see,"

"Why did you suddenly mentioned her?"

"Nothing special, *smile* I just met her earlier and ... She looks exactly like you."

"Huh?"

"I'm serious,"

"You mean she's beautiful like me?"

Joshua rolled his eyes,

"She looks exactly like you, she have your face," he repeats.

"Pfft! Oh come on, no one can compare to my beauty Joshuji, stop being hilarious."

"What? No, I just ... Ugh! Fine! It's really a big mistake to talk to you about this," Joshua pouted, crossing his arms.

But ... I just feel like ... He's connected with you, Joshua wants to say but decided to keep his mouth shut,

Maybe he's just over thinking things.

.
.
.

"You're taking overtime again hyung?" Wonwoo can't help to ask Seungcheol when he saw him washing the pile of plates in the kitchen.

Seungcheol only gave him a smile and nodded,

"Why so? I thought Jeonghan hyung don't want you to work anymore and then here you are, taking an overtime?"

"Well, let's just say, I want to surprise him."

"Surprise?"

"Yeah,"

"How?"

"Well, I saw this beautiful ring in a jewelry shop last week and Jeonghan immediately crossed my mind, It is ... Perfectly made just for him. So, I told myself to work hard so I could buy it for him.

"Oh, wow~ That's sweet, you became softer now Seungcheol hyung, I'm happy that Jeonghan hyung makes you like this, it suits you more than being a cold-hearted prince."

Seungcheol laughed,

"Silly ..."

.
.
.

At Lee residence,

"Hmmm ... Shua hyung, are you okay?"

"A-huh?" Joshua's eyes widened when Seokmin suddenly pats his shoulder gently.

"You're spacing out," the young man pointed out.

"Oh! S-sorry,"

"Is there something bothering you?"

Joshua heavily sighed, as he forced  a smile to his dongsaeng,

"I ... I don't know,"

"Hmm?" The latter frowned.

"Sorry, honestly, there's someone bothering me."

"Someone?"

"Yes, the woman who looks exactly like Jeonghannie."

"Eh?"

"She's living next to Jeonghan's unit, but it seems like he didn't meet her yet."

"So, why are you bothered?"

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Bad ... Feeling?"

.
.
.

"Yeoboseyo? Oh? Joshuji, what's wrong?"

"Hannie ah, it's about the woman earlier,"

"Who? The woman next door again? Okay, what's up with her?"

"I'm really worried,"

"Pfft! Come on Joshuji, stop being like that, I feel like my neighbor is a serial killer."

"Yah Jeonghannie, stop spouting bull, I'm really serious here!"

"J-Jeonghan ah?"

A woman voice suddenly called him from behind,

Jeonghan turned to look to the one who just called his name and ...

His eyes grew bigger,

"Eom ... Ma?"

"J-Jeonghan ah, i-it's really you!" The woman said in surprise and trembling voice.

"W-what are you doing here?" Jeonghan asked in response, terror overtook his face

"My son!"

The woman tried to hug Cheonsa but he immediately dodged her, he looks at her in disbelief. 

"Hannie? What's happening there?" Joshua asked, now he's more worried.

"I-I'll talk to you later Joshuji," Jeonghan voice waver.

"Huh? Wait, n--"

He pressed the end button,

He slowly looked at his Mother,

"Jeonghan ah, Eomma missed you so much," she cried.

Jeonghan kept quite, watching his Mother crying, 

So?

What she expect me to say? That I missed her too? Am I supposed to jump in joy right now because finally we meet again? 

No way! No ing way, why did she even suddenly appeared when I'm finally happy? After all this years, why now?

"Jeonghan ah," his Mother called him again.

Jeonghan snapped, shaking his head,

"You don't ... You don't meant it," he only muttered.

He felt the urge to run away, but he couldn't, his feet won't cooperate.

! It's no way out, he thought.

"No son, I meant it, I really missed you. *Sniff* Wow~ look at you, you're already grown up into a fine young man, you're so beautiful."

She smiled, pressing his shaking palm together while looking at Jeonghan with full of love and regrets.

"I'm sorry, are you angry to Eomma?" She gently asked,

Jeonghan looked away,

"Angry? Well, who knows? Honestly, the moment you left me to Dad, I knew ... You chose that guy over me. You believed in him, more than me. I was the one who's lying, I was the one at fault, you believed in him that's why you get angry at me and even hated me, right?"

"No! No Jeonghan ah i-it's not like that. Please believe me, I-I did try my best ... My very best to get you to your Father."

"For what? Do you think I'll be happy when I'm with you?"

"I-I-I just ... I ... I know he's hurting you!"

"Yes, yes ... Father is beating the hell out of me, always, every single day, whenever he saw my face, he's getting angry because I reminded him to his wife who cheated him, who abandoned us because of a certain guy. Huh! So what? You're happy to be with that bastard, right?"

"I ... Love him,"

"Then! What about us Eomma? What about me? Don't you love me?"

"I love you,"

"So, why did you abandoned me?" Jeonghan was clenching his both fists tightly.

His chest aches so much, it hurts, he couldn't even breathe properly

I CAN'T CRY THIS TIME!

"I ... I!" 

"Han ah?"

Seungcheol suddenly called him from a distance,

Jeonghan immediately cleared his throat as he looked at his boyfriend and put a smile on his face that he practiced a long ago.

Seungcheol walked to where he was and casually holds Jeonghan's hand and kissed the top of his head.

The woman in front of them was muted, she's looking at them with wide eyes.

"Joshua called me to check on you, is something happened?" Seungcheol asked,

"No, nothing," Jeonghan simply replied, giving him a convincing smile.

"Okay, uhmm ... Who ... Is she?"

"Oh! She's the new owner of the unit next to us, she's just saying hi, right Ajumma?"

"A-huh? A-uhmm ... Y-yes," the woman forced a smile.

"I see, well Mam it's nice to meet you, I'm Choi Seungcheol by the way." He introduced himself bowing his head.

"Hi-hi, I'm ... I'm Yoon Jeongyeon, it was nice to meet you too."

"Yoon? What a coincidence, my boyfriend is also a Yoon," Seungcheol said.

"Yeah, I know," Mrs. Yoon response.

"You know?"

"Yes, because he's ..."

"Cheollie ah! Let's go?" Jeonghan cuts her out.

He wouldn't let his Mother tell Seungcheol about their relationship.

"Are you hungry already?"

Jeonghan nodded, pouting at him,

Seungcheol chuckled and pats his head gently,

"I cooked your favorite pasta, let's go then, oh! Mam, do you want to join us?"

"C-can I?"

"Of course!"

"A-no!" Jeonghan suddenly shouted.

"Why?" Seungcheol frowned,

"B-because she's busy, Ajumma, you said you're busy right?"

Jeonghan looked at his Mother like "Don't accept his offer or I won't talk to you anymore" look,

"Y-yeah, hahaha I almost forgot, yes honestly I'm already on my way to one of my clients, anyway, thanks for inviting me Seungcheol ssi, next time I'll make sure I'll make time to visit your place."

"O-okay, nice to meet you Mam,"

"Same here, Seungcheol ssi."

.
.
.

"You look awkward earlier, Han ah," Seungcheol suddenly mentioned.

Jeonghan didn't answer,

"Do you perhaps know that woman?"

"No! I-I-I just met her now," he stutters

"I see ... I thought she's one of your relatives."

"Why?" Jeonghan frowned,

"She have your face."

And that moment, Jeonghan regrets that he has his Mother's face. 

"You both beautiful," Seungcheol smile.

"T-thank you."

.
.
.

"Hello?"

"Oh, yeobo where will I pick you up?"

"No need, I'm already at home,"

"Really? Omo, I'm sorry, I'm stuck in traffic."

"It's okay, no worries, uhmmm ... Yeobo?"

"Yes?"

"Your son's name is ... Seungcheol, right?"

"Yes, my Choi Seungcheol, why did you suddenly asked?"

"Could it be ..."

"Could it be what?"

"Huh? Oh! I-it's n-nothing, *awkward laugh*" 

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yes, yes! It's nothing important."

"Okay then, by the way yeobo,"

"Hmm?"

"I love you,"

She giggled,

"I love you too."

The other guy on the phone chuckled,

"Since you love me, I'll pick you up there and let's have dinner at your favorite restaurant, okay?"

"Really? Sure I would loved too! I'll go and take a quick shower."

"Sure, I'll see you later,"

"Okay, bye bye,"

She hung up.

"I should get ready,"

She paused,

"So, he's really your son ... Choi Seungcheol."