5: FAMILY & YOU

Everyday With You

Daehyun walks inside the studio, seeing only Himchan with his notes, laptop and guitar. His ears are cover with headphone giving a sign do not disturb him. Daehyun puts his bag and does some warm up while waiting for others.

Himchan looks up and saw Daehyun practicing their dance moves. Since when he arrives? He pulls down his headphone, watching Daehyun’s dance.

 

“When did you arrive?”

 

“15 minutes? You?” Daehyun said, catching his breath.

 

“Since morning. Yongguk went out to catch some air and calls his wife.” Picking up his scattered notes, he notices his phone has a notification. He smiles as he saw your name.

 

‘Are you having a practice today? Wanna grab some coffee? I have something to ask you’ - My future.

 

He grins, quickly replying to your text, telling you he will buy you a drink tomorrow. He hums some tune, plucking his guitar. Daehyun watches his senior being a bit happier than usual.

 

“Something happens?” He asks.

 

“Oh… Nothing much but you remember the girl I bumped? I got her numbers now.” Himchan’s grin grows wider.

 

“I never have seen you so happy when it’s about a girl. She must be special huh?” Daehyun sits beside Himchan, taking some chips from Himchan. Himchan nods, his eyes beams with excitement.

 

“I don’t know, man. But this girl is really different. I think I’m really serious to be with her.” Daehyun almost chokes his chips. He looks at Himchan, disbelief.

 

“You? Serious? With a woman? As in. You want to marry her?”

 

“Yeah!”

 

“NO!” Daehyun blurts out, having some chip crumbles spit out to Himchan’s face. Himchan frowns with disgust.

 

“WHY?!”

 

“YOU CAN’T!” Daehyun stands up follows by Himchan.

 

“WHY?!” Himchan shouts.

 

“SHE NEEDS TO SEE US FIRST!”

 

“WHY?!” Again, Himchan shouts. Why does he need to bring you to B.A.P? Before the situation getting intense, a low voice echoed in the studio.

 

“I just leave for a moment and you guys already quarrelling?” Both of them turn to face Yongguk stern looks. In his arm, a little girl snuggling with him, watching two adults fighting.

 

“BANG MIHYUN!!!” Himchan and Daehyun quickly surround Yongguk little daughter. Mihyun shyly smiles at her B.A.P uncles. Both of them forget about their quarrel a moments ago.

 

“Do you want to play with Uncle Himmie?”

 

“NO! Play with Uncle Daedae!” Again, the quarrel starts again before Yongguk clears his throat stopping them instantly.

 

“Mihyun just gonna stays here for a while. Her mommy has a meeting today.” He said as he put down his girl. Mihyun immediately runs into Himchan, smiling widely. Himchan kneels down and picks her up, grinning at Daehyun.

 

“Where are the others?” Yongguk asks without looking both at them, he slips in his practice shoes. Daehyun explains about Youngjae has to meet their lecturer while the two youngest are still in their classes as Himchan cooing and playing with Mihyun. Yongguk nods, watching his little girl happy with Himchan. A broad gummy smile appears on his face.

 

“By the way, what are you guys fighting about? I could hear from the hallway.” Yongguk looks at Daehyun.

 

“W… Well…”

 

“Bang! I got her number!” Himchan chimes happily making Mihyun giggles even though she doesn’t understand him. Yongguk give out a wry smile.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Yeah! I think I’m really want to get serious with her.”

 

“As in… Marry?” Yongguk asks. Himchan nods, still cooing Yongguk’s happy pills. Mihyun continues giggles with Himchan being happy about something. Yongguk exhales, he knows Himchan for a long time.

 

“Bring her then.”

 

“Huh?” Himchan stops his cooing and turns to Yongguk. He can see Daehyun mouthing ‘I told you so!’

 

“Why?”

 

“We want to see her. We need to approve her like how we approve Nara.” Himchan bit his bottom lips, Mihyun gets off from Himchan’s holds and walks to her father. Yongguk smiles at her as he hugs Mihyun warmly.

 

“Well?” Yongguk asks.

 

“I… I’m still getting to know her. I want her to be comfortable with me first.” Himchan said. He doesn’t want to scares you off. He can see you are not the type to immediately get into a relationship, and how you talked about your brother making him worries if he able to make your brother likes him.

 

“Then bring her when you are ready.” Yongguk said, calmly. Mihyun playfully patting her father’s cheeks, cooing. That sight makes Yongguk looking soft and not a serious person like everyone proclaim. Daehyun returns to warms up his voice while Himchan watches Yongguk plays with his daughter.

After some time, all the members come and they start the practice after Yongguk’s wife fetches Mihyun from the studio.


You slump on the couch as you arrive home. You check your phone and see Himchan notify you about him buying you a coffee tomorrow. You smile.

 

‘He must already finish his practice.’ You thought, scrolling down your SNS while waiting for Daehyun to come back. You are exhausted today so you ordering dinners from your usual delivery. Daehyun wouldn’t mind, except he will nag how unhealthy they are if they keep ordering foods instead of cooking.

 

“He nags a lot but I'm the one that ends up cooking for him.” You mumble. You type a  reply to Himchan about the place and time to meet up tomorrow. It has been weeks since you and he starts knowing each other. Each day, you will exchange greets and briefly talk about your day with Himchan. You don’t know why but you are comfortable with Himchan presence. As you exchanging texts with Himchan, Daehyun come back.

 

“Baby girl~! Your lovable big brother is home~~!” He cooing loudly. You sigh, why he must being loud all the time. You shout at him notify him you are in the living room. You can hear his footsteps hurried to you. You turn around to see him grinning widely.

 

“Okay… You creeping me out. What now?” You said.

 

“I met Mihyun today! Look! Look! I even took her photos!” He chimes happily while shoving his phone into your face.

 

“YAH! JUNG DAEHYUN. DON’T SHOVE!” You pull his hair causing Daehyun pulling your hair in return. Both of you starting to fight and eventually fell to the floor, rolling with each other.

 

“LET GO!” You shout, gripping his hair tighter.

 

“NO! YOU LET GO!” Daehyun said, not giving up. He holds your hair tightly. You have reached your limit and end up bite Daehyun arm.

 

“AGHHH!!! OK! OK! STOP IT! OWH! OWH!” Daehyun screams, letting go of you. Both of you sit up, looking a mess. You glare at your brother while fixing your hair.

 

“I just want to show you Yongguk’s little girl.” Daehyun whines as he caressing his phone screen. You can see he is pouting like a six-year-old kid.

 

“Yeah, I know but do you have to shove it on my face?” You said, fixing your brother’s hair. He looks at you with his usual puppy eyes, asking you to pampers him. You roll your eyes, snatching his phone and look at Mihyun’s photo Daehyun took. A smile appears on both of you as you slide the screen.

 

“She’s taking Yongguk’s smiles.”

 

“Yeah… Her eyes too.” You nod, agree. Both of you then wash up and have your dinner, exchanging your days. A notification from your phone ring, you look at your phone and smile. It’s Himchan.

 

“What are you doing lately with your phone? Smiling and all. Are you dating someone behind my back?” Daehyun asks, watching his little sister smiling.

 

“Uh… No. It’s Nara. She sends me a funny video of him and Youngjae.” You immediately tap on the latest video Nara send you while removing recent apps. You show the video to him. Daehyun watches and he scoffs.

 

“I can’t believe Youngjae being soft with her.”

 

“Well… Both of them are cute in their own way.” You said, continuing eating. You don’t want Daehyun to know about Himchan has been texting you this few days. You know Daehyun will be furious about it.

 

Daehyun eyeing you, he feels something off about you.

 

‘She won’t smile like that with just that video. Is there something she hides from me?’ He thoughts, munching his foods fast.