4: BEFRIEND WITH YOU

Everyday With You

You hang out at your usual cafe, doing some works. It has been several days since you last saw Himchan. Maybe he is busy with his senior project or B.A.P. Daehyun told you about a gig that B.A.P will attend soon in Ilsan next weekend. Wait, why are you thinking about him? You quickly shrug off the thoughts, drinking the iced americano.

 

“Hey” You almost burst out your drink hearing the voice. Looking up, there’s Himchan with his usual smile with a guitar case on his back. You awkwardly smile at him.

 

“Fancy meeting you here.” He grins. He asks if he can sit on the empty chair with the same excuse. Full. You let him sits. He puts his things on another chair before settle down. He sighs of relieve.

 

“I’m dying with exhaustion. I finally able to see some sunlight.” He casually talks to you. You instinctively give your drink to him. He looks at you with wide eyes.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. Why?” You blink. He gives you a sly grin.

 

“I don’t know you are this bold? Indirect kiss?” As he finishes his word, a realization kicks you in. You pull your drink back before Himchan could hold it.

 

“No! It… It’s… N… Not!” You stuttering with your words. All your words fly out from your mouth non stop trying to deny his words. Himchan laughs. Cute. He got up and walk to the counter to order himself a drink and snack, leaving you still stammering with unknown words.

 

“Aishh Reen! You crazy girl! Stupid! Stupid!” You hit your head several times, whispering non-stop. Sipping your drink hard till the end. You tie your hair and continue to work. However, your focus already run far far away with Himchan appearance.

 

Himchan comes back after a while, giving you a new drink. You look at him with a question.

 

“Drink it. From senior to junior. Besides, we didn’t manage to hang out last time, right?” Again with that smile. You thought. Bowing your head slightly and take the drink.

 

“Assignment?”

 

“Yeah. You said you just able to see sunlight?” You ask, watching him eating the sandwich.

 

“Yeah. Yongguk lock us up in the studio for few days. You know, the one with me last time.” He munches. You nod. You can see his exhaustion from his eyes bag and unorganized clothes.

 

“Eat up.” You smile, giving him a napkin. That small kind of gesture makes Himchan happy. He takes it and continues eating his sandwich happily. You continue your works, seems you manage to bring back your focus. Silence taking over.

 

Himchan finishes his meal and leans back against the chair. He has been watching you doing your works. You don’t seem to mind or you just immersed in your work. He smiles. He does not have any class or practice for the rest of the day. He stretches out his arms, surpassing his yawn. You look at him.

 

“Uhm… Don’t you want to rest at home instead of here?”

 

“Nah… I’m good. Seeing you make me energize a bit.” He innocently throwing you a cute grin. You let out a chuckle.

 

“You seems a sweet talker.”

 

“Am I? I just being honest with you. Can we befriend?” You let out another chuckle, surprise with Himchan straightforward acts.

 

“Should I?”

 

“Yeah. We both should befriend, for now.”

 

“For now?”

 

“Yeah. Then, I will make you fall in love with me.” He grins happily. Usually, you will shrug off this kind of conversation. However, there’s something different about this Daehyun’s friend. You are weirdly comfortable with him.

 

“You do know I-”

 

“I will make your brother love me too.” He said confidently. He takes a napkin and writes his phone number on it.

 

“We should hang out again. Maybe working on some project together? If you need someone to compose a song or something, just call me. Our band is the best you know. The singers are killing it” You smile. I know… He’s my brother and childhood friend. The troublemaker duo. You take the written napkin.

 

“Well… I hope I didn’t lose it.” Himchan excitement quickly flies away. You laugh at his pouty face.

 

“I’m glad.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You laugh. I’m glad I’m able to make you laugh and comfortable.” He smiles. His words warmth your heart and face. You got flustered, fidgeting the napkin he gave.

 

“Eyy… You going to ruin that.” He said, holding your hand to stop you. A jolt of electricity makes both of you quickly pull away from each other.

 

“I’m sorry…” Himchan said. Please don’t let this ruin the moment. You shook, forgiving him. You take out your phone and key in his phone number. Himchan watches amuses. This is a first time a girl key in his number in front of him.

 

“Now it won’t be lost.” You grin, showing the number you have saved. Both of you laugh and the awkwardness between both of you melt away.

 

Little by little, there is feeling seeding in both of your heart.