23: TIME WITH YOU

Everyday With You

A cold breeze hits your face softly, enough to make you feel at ease. Both you and Himchan are sitting together beside the river, swallowing the moment. Your hands are intertwined together.

 

“I heard you will go for your internship soon.” You break the silence, glancing at Himchan.

 

“Yeah. I actually want to tell you that. I already got an offer letter from the company I applied to.” Himchan says, looking at you. You smile happily.

 

“Really? That’s great! You will do great there.” You happily hold his arm, sincerely happy for him. You heard the company he applied are hard to get into. Himchan smiles, kissing your forehead.

 

“Thanks.” You grin bashfully, covering your forehead with your free hand. Himchan let out a chuckle, caressing your cheek.

 

“Want to get something to eat?”

 

“Yes!” Himchan swears he could see your eyes sparks like in the anime as you excitedly getting up and pull him. He can feel a warmth in his heart, watching you happily pull him. Both of you walk side by side, holding hands.

 

“So, which branch?” You ask as you eat the chicken piece. Himchan watches you with a smile on his face. He naturally wipes your lips with his finger. You look at him, fazed.

 

“Mapo.” He answers, sipping on his beer. He notices your expression getting gloomier as he keeps on talking about his jobs later.

 

“Hey,” He reaches out for your hand. You look at him. He gives you an assuring smile.

 

“We won’t see each other often now, huh? I mean, an internship is literally taking away your personal life.” You mumble.

 

“It’s okay… I know I won’t be seeing you as much as we are right now. But we aren’t that far from each other. I will call you, text you and even drop by once in a while.” Himchan comforts you, giving you a chicken drumstick. You laugh, taking the chicken from him.

 

“Thanks.” You smile. Himchan watches you eat happily, smiling.

 

“We should go out on a date before I officially start my internship,” Himchan says. You look at him and immediately nod, happily accept it.

 

“When?”

 

“I’ll tell you. Soon.” Himchan winks, giving you his charming smile. You grin, feeling your face slightly hot.

 


 

“Hey, Jongup.” You suddenly ask Jongup who’s working on his assignment in front of you.

 

“What?” He asks, unbothered. What is she up to now?

 

“if your surname is Sun…” You look at him eagerly to finish the sentence, but Jongup doesn’t look.

 

“I’m listening…” scribbling on his notebook.

 

“Does that means your name will be Sun JongDOWN?” You hold down your laugh. The atmosphere between both of you become awkward. Jongup finally looks up at you, staring at you disbelief.

 

“It is not funny, Jung Reen.” Jongup reaches out his hand and pinches both of your cheeks as you laugh out loud.

 

“Hahaha but it’s funny for me.”  You continue laughing, holding his hands. Jongup smiles as he pulls away, shaking his head.

 

“That’s the stupidest joke I ever heard.”

 

“Well, I already stuck with this assignment, so my stupid thoughts just came out.” You shrug, closing your laptop and start packing. Jongup watches, raising his eyebrow.

 

“I’m gonna get myself a coffee or a meal or just head back home and sleep in. You want to join me for a coffee?” You put your laptop in your bag, looking at Jongup.

 

“Are you asking me for a date?” Jongup asks, looking at you in his normal unreadable face. You blink your eyes several times before you start panicking.

 

“Oh! N- No! Tha- That it's not w- what I- I meant! C- Coffee, y- you know!” You stumbling for words with your hands, making various gestures. Jongup let out a chuckle.

 

“Come on. Let’s grab a coffee and go home.” He says packing up his things. You watch him, feeling your face flushed. What the hell, Reen? You both walk out from the library and head to the café nearby. Jongup glances at you as you checking your phone.

 

“What made you grin like stupid? Or accurately, who?” Jongup asks, looking ahead. You immediately keep your phone, flustered.

 

“N-No one. What one?” You stutter. Gosh, why am I keep stuttering with him? You curse yourself in mind.

 

“You are weird,” Jongup says, smiling.

 

“You are too!” You fight back, listing all of his weird habits since you knew him. Jongup listens, chuckling at your bantering.

 

“Right, right, Miss Designer.” He opens the café door and holds it for you, asking you to go in first. You walk inside, looking around for a familiar face before your face beaming with happiness. Jongup walks inside, seeing you already walking to a familiar person.

 

“Fancy seeing you here.” You grin, sitting in front of him. Himchan looks up and smiles warmly.

 

“I thought you were in the library?” He says before noticing Jongup walking toward both of you.

 

“Jongup.” Himchan smiles. Jongup nods, sitting beside you. You look at Jongup, asking if he already orders the drinks.

 

“No, not yet. You just ran away before I could ask what do you want.” Jongup says, staring at Himchan.

 

“Iced Americano for her. If it’s cold weather, she loves Hot Mint Choco.” Himchan answers for you, staring back at Jongup. You look at both of them, feeling the tension between them.

 

“Maybe I should go and order it for you. Caramel Latte, right?” You say, immediately get up and walk to the counter.

 

“Why are you two together?”


“We both accidentally stumble with each other at the library. Might as well just study together.” Jongup says.

 

“You both look extra comfortable with each other. Plus, seems you know what her favorite drink.” Jongup continues, still staring at Himchan. Himchan gives him a smile.

 

“You know, it’s my talent as social people.” Himchan stares back. For the counter, you watch them doing a staring contest.

 

“What’s up with both of them?” You mumble, paying the drinks and take the mobile ringer. You walk back to them, sitting beside Jongup.

 

“So, how’s new music coming up?” You ask Himchan, try to peek at his note. Himchan grins, covering it.

 

“Not yet, but it is special.” He ruffles your hair, gazing at you warmly. You grin, shrugging his hand off your head. The ringer rings notify your drinks are ready to go. Jongup takes the ringer and casually walks to the counter, taking the drinks.

 

“How’s your day?” You ask as soon Jongup far from hearing their conversation. Himchan takes your hand, pulling near him.

 

“Missing you.” Himchan kiss your fingers. You glance at Jongup, making sure he’s not looking. You try to pull your hand but Himchan stubbornly holding it firm.

 

“Himchan.”

 

“Do you miss me?” Himchan asks, smiling. You click your tongue, nods fast.

 

“Of course, I miss you. Now, let go of me before Jongup sees us.” You pout. Himchan reluctantly releases your hand, pouting. Jongup arrives with your drink, giving it to you.

 

“I just remember I got a replacement class. So, I guess, I’ll see you around, Reen.” He smiles, curving his eyes. You thank him and watch him go.

 

“I thought he never leave.” Himchan exhales.

 

“Did something happen with both of you? Seems like you both are so tense with each other.” You ask, sipping your drink. Himchan looks you, thinking if he should tell the truth or hide it.

 

“B.A.P stuffs. Misunderstanding always happen.” He ends with a simple answer. You didn’t ask for the details, noticing Himchan seems to hide something from you. Might be a team’s privacy.

 


 

“So, you are saying Himchan and Jongup are tense with each other? Like they are fighting?” Nara asks, trying to match the puzzles. Youngjae listens as he plays his game on the phone.

 

“Yeah. I swear if we are in the cartoon world, we could see that thunder flickering on their eyes.” You say, putting a puzzle piece on the blank area.

 

“What if they both are fighting for you?” Nara looks up, stares at you seriously. You laugh aloud.

 

“What kind of theory is that? Why would they fight for me?” You still laughing. However, Nara doesn’t faze from her speculations.

 

“Think about it. You have been spending a lot of time with Jongup recently. Then, when Himchan knew about you didn’t tell him about you and Jongup doing business, he almost flips.” She pours out her theory, but you shake your head, denying it.

 

“Himchan had a problem with his classmate during that time. He was under pressure. We both are cool with that after some… consolation.” You say, trying to convince your best friend.

 

“Well, it’s not possible that Jongup starting to likes you. Don’t you notice any changes in him? Like how he treats you?”

 

“We both did get into friendlier terms for our mind alike. He’s weird, I’m weird.” You shrug. Nara groans, getting stress with your oblivious.

 

“What if Jongup knew about your relationship?”

 

“What? He wouldn’t. He’s too innocent to notice that.” You put the last puzzle piece into the last slot. Nara sighs, this woman.

 

“Even if he knows about Himchan and me. Himchan would chase him away.” You have faith in your boyfriend.

 

“First of all, Jongup is a B.A.P member. Himchan is too nice to chase him away from you. He might don’t want you to worry or panic. Considering yourself. Unless Himchan is like me, he will kill Jongup instantly.” Youngjae finally interrupts. He puts his phone down.

 

“You would do that for me?” Nara asks. Youngjae shrugs, refusing to answers but she knows he would do it.

 

“Look, Reen. If you want anyone to stay away from ruin your relationship. You have to publicize it.” Youngjae says, giving you a harsh solution.

 

“You mean-”

 

“You have to tell Daehyun.” Nara continues. You bit your lips, thinking hard. A big heavy sigh escapes from you after a while. 

 

“You are right… We both have been dating for a while… I don’t want to keep on hiding from my own brother. Beside…” You thought how Himchan has been helping a lot in controlling your anxiety.

 

“Himchan did a lot for me… It’s the least I can do.” You look at Nara and Youngjae, smiling in determination.

 

“Just tell us if you need our help. Even if we have to hold down Daehyun from killing Himchan.” Youngjae says, but Nara hits his head.

 

“Ouch! What was that for?!”

 

“Just because,” Nara says, grinning at you. She and Youngjae will help you, no matter what the circumstance is later.