21: KNOWING YOU

Everyday With You

“Oh, Reen! You are here. Where’s your brother? Who’s this handsome young man?” A middle age woman greets both of you as you enter a small restaurant. Himchan bows to her, smiling.

 

“He’s busy. This is his friend and bandmate, Kim Himchan.” You introduce Himchan.

 

“Oh… Really…? It’s the first time you ever bring a male friend here. Don’t tell me he’s your-” She grins meaningfully.

 

“Aunt Jaein… Will you bring us the usual?” You cut her off, pouting.

 

“Fine, fine. Two bowls of usual come in right up.” Aunt Jaein asks as she goes to the kitchen to prepare the dishes. You bring Himchan to your usual seat. Himchan sits, looking around before he takes the menu and read.

 

“What’s the usual, Reen?” He asks as you sit with drinks.

 

“You’ll see. It’s the best comfort food Daehyun, and I always get whenever we come here.” You smile, watching him.

 

“You always been here?”

 

“Since we move to Seoul. Aunt Jaein actually our guardian when we first arrived in Seoul since both of us were still a minor back then. We help her out a lot here.” You explain, pouring some water in his cup.

“Your parents are not around?” Himchan puts down the menu, he instantly regretting asking you as he saw a slight change on your expression. You smile wryly.

 

“They are busy, so usually we went home whenever school breaks. We mostly spend our times with Youngjae and helping out Aunt Jaein.” You take the menu and put aside. An awkward silence taking over.

 

“Here are the usual. Two special Jung’s bowls. Enjoy~” Aunt Jaein comes breaking the silence. You look at the dishes happily. A large bowl of noodle served in front of Himchan. He looks at you who already take the chopstick.

 

“What’s wrong? The noodle is the best menu here, and it’s our usual.” You say, looking at flustered Himchan. Is it too much?

 

“Is it too big?” You ask, sometimes you forgot how monstrous you and Daehyun’s appetites compare to others. Himchan shakes his head, smiling.

 

“No. It’s fine. It looks tasty. Why Jung’s bowl, though?” He asks, taking the chopstick.

 

“Because this is a secret menu. This special bowl is only for us.” You grin, blowing your noodle softly before taking a bite. Himchan smiles, watching you enjoying the dish.

 

“Stop watching me and eat.” You chuckle, covering your mouth as you chew. It’s awkward having someone staring at you eating.

 

“You look adorable when you enjoy your meal.” Himchan grins, tasting the broth.

 

“Oh, wow. I can’t believe Daehyun hides this place from us.” He exclaims before digging in for more. You watch him, smiling.

 

“Oh well, he doesn’t like to share. See? I know you will like it.” You say proudly, as you resume eating. Both of you eating the noodles while exchanging your days.

 

“I’m so full.” Himchan exhales, cleaning up his noodle. He watches you still enjoying your meal. He smiles.

 

“You must really love to eat” Himchan comments after you are done eating. Feeling flustered, you stammer your words to say to him.

 

“You don’t like it?” You fidget your shirt.

 

“No. It’s adorable. To see a woman enjoying her meal without any worries. For me, anyone should be relaxed when they enjoying their meals. Heck, you ladies should be yourself. If any men couldn’t accept you the way you are, he’s not worth for you.” He explains.

 

“You sure are a sweet talker.” You let out a relieved chuckle. Himchan smiles, ruffling your hair, making you laugh. Both of you spend some times before getting up to pay.

 

“It’s on the house.” Aunt Jaein says happily. Himchan looks at her in confuse while you roll your eyes.

 

“Aunt Jaein…” You insist on paying, but she keeps on refusing. You ask Himchan to go out first as you want to say something to Aunt Jaein. Himchan nods, walking out.

 

“So? Who is he?” Aunt Jaein smile meaningfully. She knows it’s not just an ordinary man if you bring him here.

 

“Daehyun’s bandmate.”

 

“Really…? Shall I ask Daehyun? He never mentions anything about this friend.” She smirks watching you start panicking.

 

“Please don’t tell Daehyun or he will kill both of us. He’s my b- b” You can feel your face reddening just to say the word.

 

“Your boyfriend, hmm?” Aunt Jaein completes the word. She smiles, caressing your hair.

 

“He looks like a nice guy. I pray the best for both of you. I won’t tell Daehyun but promise me you will tell him soon?” Aunt Jaein says. You nod before bid her goodbye. You walk out to see Himchan staring at the moon, his face looks sad.

 

“Himchan.” Himchan looks at you, instantly turns into his usual charming smile. He holds out his hand to you. You instinctively hold his hand. Both of you smile at each other.

 

“Let me walk you home.” He says as both of you walk together side by side.

 

“It’s fine. It’s still early. Besides, isn't your home is opposite than mine?” Himchan intertwined your hand before squeezing it softly. Meaning, he won’t budge from his decision. You look at him before he looks at you lovingly.

 

“Your safety is far more important. I don’t mind walking back and forth for you.” He smiles. For a while, he just wants to spend some times alone with you before facing tomorrow.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” You finally ask.

 

“About what?”

 

“Everything. I’m all ear. I’ll listen to whatever you have been keeping it. You want to meet me because of that right? We can talk about it while walking.” You smile, squeezing his hand. Ensuring him to relax and talk. He has always been with you whenever you need him, it’s time for you to help him when he needs.

 

“It’s just…” Himchan tries to put it into words. Everything for him now is overwhelming. No one ever asks him like you did. To have someone to lean on, it’s new for him. You wait, pulling his arm into your embrace, hugging it tightly as you tell him you are here for him.

 

“I’ll wait. Let’s walk first, hmm?” You say calmly, holding his hand. Himchan let out a sigh, smiling. Tell him again why he fell in love with you?

 

“Someone in my class took my project idea.” Himchan starts. He tells you everything that he has been bottle up as you listen to him silently until you are nearing your home.

 

“I’m sorry making you hear this lame thing,” Himchan says, looking at you. However, you shake your head, denying it.

 

“It’s fine. We are just human. Everyone needs to listen to.” You smile.

 

“Thank you. See you tomorrow?” Himchan kisses your cheek. You nod, walking away from him. Himchan watches you walk away. Suddenly, you turn back and walk to him. Himchan looks at you, quizzically.

  

“Himchan, I have something to say to you.” You tuck his sleeve to get him lean on you.

 

“What is it?” Himchan leans closer to you, anticipating.

 

“I just want to…” You whisper, softly before you give him a kiss on the cheek. Himchan looks at you as you pull away from him fast.

 

“I hope that will cheer you up?” You smile, a faint blush appears on your cheeks.

 

“You…” Himchan squeezes your cheeks. He can feel his face is red. How can you be shy but cheeky at the same time?

 

“Himchan… Lemme go” You hold his hands, trying to escape but Himchan pulls you into a hug.

 

“Nope. Gosh… You are so unfair. Being shy and all.” He mumbles, tightening the hug. You chuckle, hugging him back.

 

Little did you know, a pair of eyes are watching both of you from afar.  

 



 

A/N: Hello~ I can't believe we already reach 21st chapters. Please comment your feedback about this story so far below. Your comments are precious to me that it made my day. I wish I can keep on writing but without your feedback, I wouldn't know if you like it or not. Thus, I'll wait at least 5 comments then I'll continue to write. I need some motivation ㅜ ㅜ. So, do give me your feedback below. Thank you love.