13: SECRET WITH YOU

Everyday With You

You lay down on your bed once you come back. You bought some snacks for Daehyun to prevent him from excessive nagging. You let out a sigh, thinking back what happen just now.

 

“Oh. You have last wish before our date end. Any wishes?” You look at him eagerly. Himchan looks up.

 

“Oh? It’s raining.”

 

“What-“ You look up but you feel a soft lips touch yours. You immediately look at Himchan, who looking flush.

 

“I don’t think I just want one date with you, Reen…” He says bashfully.

 

“My last wish, will you go out with me? For real?” He says, closing both of your gaps. He seals your lips with his soft, warm lips. You stay still, clueless about how to react to him. Strange… Somehow, you feel happy.

 

“Sorry.” Himchan apologizes after he pulls away. He should control himself. He scratches his non-itchy forehead. You look down, fidgeting your dress. Ok, what should I do now?

 

“Daehyun would not like this.” You finally able to speak.

 

“But, do you like it?” Himchan asks, looking at you full of hope.

 

“Don’t you think it’s kind of quick?” Before Himchan could answers it, your phone ring a special ringtone. It’s Daehyun. You look at Himchan beside you. You let out a sigh.

 

"Himchan, I..."

 

"It's okay... Answer it." You pick up the phone, talking with your brother. Daehyun has been wondering your whereabouts. You apologize to him and promise him to be back before midnight.

 

"Where are you anyway?" Daehyun asks suspiciously. You never wander around without telling him. You convinced your brother to not worry about you. Himchan watches you chatting with Daehyun. He knows there will be a big risk dating Daehyun's sister but he couldn't help himself from falling for you deeper today.

 

"Alright, see you at home." Hanging up, you look at Himchan.

 

"So, where were we?" You put your phone back in the purse.

 

“I know we both just know each other in short time. Honestly, I like you on the first time you bumped into me. Before I even know you are Daehyun’s sister. The song, it is really for you. I wrote it with Yongguk. I’m totally sick of your love and you are the only one that can heal it.” He put your palm on his chest which beating at a faster pace than normal. You look at him, speechless.

 

“Reen, do you like me?” Himchan looks at you seriously. It took you a moment to answer him.

 

“Of course I do…” However, he doesn’t want you to like him only as a friend. You look at his eyes, trying to search for lies. However, his eyes are so clear. You close your eyes and smile. Maybe this might be work.

 

“It won’t be easy…” You continue, trying to put more words. Both of you know Daehyun forbid you to date Himchan. Both of you know how overprotective Daehyun is.

 

"You don't need to answer it now. But, believe me, that my feelings for you are genuine. I don't care if you are Daehyun's little sister." Himchan says confidently. You pull your hands away, getting up from the bench.

 

“I should go home now. Daehyun will be insane if I’m not home by now.” You say. You can see Himchan’s facial getting darker.

 

“Let me accompany you to the subway.” Himchan got up and hold your hand. Ah, the second wish. The date still not end yet. Both of you walk to the subway nearby. You can feel Himchan’s hand gripping on yours tightly like he doesn’t want to let you go.

 

“Himchan…” You break the silence as you arrive at the subway. This need to end now.

 

“Hmm?” He throws you his best smile. You look at his face, his flawless face.

 

“I would love to go out with you again.” You tiptoed and kiss him on the cheek. You can see Himchan’s face getting redder and same as you. You smile at him and bid him goodbye.

 

Your face immediately turns red remembering how daring you were kissing Himchan in public place. You cover your face and squeal silently. So, does that mean both of you are officially dating now? A notification pop out, you take the phone and see it’s Himchan. Himchan? OH! You instantly sit up, inhaling deeply before read it.

 

“Thank you, Reen. Let’s meet after your class this Monday. I forgot to give you something.” – B.A.P Kim Himchan

 

You decide to wait for a few minutes before replying to his message. You don’t want to be seen as desperate. You type out a reply to him and send it.

 

“Okay. Usual café then?” – My Future

 

Himchan grins reading the reply, he immediately types a reply. Agree with the meetup place. Both of you end up chatting with each other for some time, talking about today. The two of you sleep tonight with heart content.

 


 

Himchan waits for you to finish your class in the café. While waiting, he uses his time to finish up his assignment. The café’s ambiance is calm and suitable for students to spend their times relaxing or even studying. Himchan smiles, for him this café is a special place. This is where he met and spend times with you.

 

“Sorry. My lecturer holds up the class longer for assignment briefing.” You break Himchan’s daydreams. He looks at you sitting in front of him. You put your things on the empty seat beside you. Today is a rough day for you because you need to bring all the art stuff to your studio.

 

“That’s a lot of stuff,” Himchan says, looking at your art stuff. You nod, letting out a sigh.

 

“I have to bring all of these to my studio. It’s almost final weeks so I have to prepare to stay in the studio.” You answer him. It’s exhausting since you barely hold everything with your hands. Himchan gives you your drink. He has ordered it before you arrive. You sip on your drink.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Let me help you carry those.” Himchan offers you a hand.

 

“Eh? Is it really okay? Don’t you have any classes or practice after this?” Himchan nods, smiling. You frown, then why he offers a hand?

 

“I’m your boyfriend. It’s normal for boyfriend helps his girl, right?” Himchan casually answers your face expression’s question, making you faze.

 

“W… What?” You stammer with your words, starting to blush. Himchan smiles, he takes out something in his bag.

 

“Here. I forgot to give you.” You look at his hand, a beluga keychain. Your eyes widen and look at him. When?

 

“I bought it when I went to buy us some drinks. You look so happy when we went to see the Belugas.” Himchan smiles, putting the keychain on your palm and close your hand. He holds your hand, looking at you lovingly.

 

“I didn’t buy you anything.” You say, feeling guilty.

 

“It’s fine. Your times spend with me are more worth it than anything in this world.” Himchan throws his usual cheesy words.

 

“Gosh, stop being cheesy. Fine, I’ll take it. Thank you.” You smile at him thankfully. This man. You hang the keychain on the zipper of your bag, feeling happy. Himchan watches, smiling widely.

 


 

Himchan carries your stuff, walking with you side by side. You couldn’t help but smile when Himchan slows down to match his steps with you.

 

“Wow, I never went inside this department’s studios. Do all of you owns one?” He asks you, his eyes wandering around looking all kind of graffiti and doodles on the walls.

 

“Nope. One studio for ten students. It’s kind of spacious for one person." You take out your studio key card and scan on the door. You open the door and walk inside follow by HImchan. A wow escapes from his mouth. It is spacious.

 

“Your studios are literally a studio inside a studio?” You grin, opening the door of your cubicle. You put your bag on the chair.

 

“You can put my stuff there. Thank you, Himchan.” You smile watching Himchan still in awed. He puts your stuff on your work desk.

 

“So even with ten people using this space, you own your private cubicles.”

 

“Yeah, we need our alone time but…“ You pull a blinder at a cubicle's wall. Himchan looks at it is amazed. It has turned into a window, revealing other’s cubicles.

 

“We also need to socialize and exchange ideas. So this is super-efficient. You have a privacy at the same time you don’t have to be alone all the time. You can also stay here for days finishing your project in peace.” You explain to Himchan as you close the window. You look at Himchan and let out a giggle. Himchan is still in a daze.

 

“This is so cool, Reen. You literally have a secret place for yourself.” Himchan finally speaks up after a while. You shrug as if this is normal. You look at your watch, realizing you have taken some of Himchan times.

 

“Himchan, your class.” You say, panic. Himchan looks at his phone and gasp. He already late for his class. Himchan takes his bag and bids you goodbye. You watch him scurries away to his faculty. A smile drawn on your lips as you touch the beluga’s keychain.

 


 

A/N: The cubicles are actually an office space in Poland. They create a house-like cubicle so everyone has their own private space. I think this kind of cubicles is the best for art students especially our assignments are mostly an individual based. Warsaw studio MFRMGR has subdivided this office space in Poland to create individual workspaces for employees within wooden cabins designed to look like a "mini-town". Here are some photos of the office space.