12: ANOTHER DAY WITH YOU

Everyday With You

Both of you made a deal to be comfortable with each other. The movie will not be starting anytime soon thus both of you go to the arcade while waiting.

 

“Have you played this game?” You take a pair of drum sticks of famous Japanese drum game. Himchan swings his head sideways. He never actually plays in the arcade often. You smile and hit the drum showing the tutorial to Himchan.

 

“Seems easy. This won’t hurt a music student like me. I might be able to beat you, Reen.” Himchan boasting off confidently. You let out a giggle. We’ll see. Both of you choose the level and a fast pace song.

 

“Loser will buy the snacks,” Himchan says as he giddily prepares. You agree and both of you start hitting the drum synchronizing with the rhythm of the music. As expected, Himchan beat you to dust with his skills.

 

“You know, this just the hard one. I dare you to play the demon level.” You said watching Himchan being boastful about his winning. There’s another round left and you want him to try it.

 

“There’s the demon level?!” You immediately hit the right side of the drum several times and the character jump on the new level that shows the demon behind it. You grin wickedly to astonished Himchan. Then, you pick out a faster pace music.

“If you reach the pass level, your wish is my command. Three wishes.” You say confidently. He won’t be able to score it but Himchan with his determinations grips the sticks and hit the drum to play. However, Himchan surpasses your expectation. He gets an almost perfect score. Himchan lightly wipes some sweats on his forehead.

 

“Wow, you sweat a lot.” You take out a tissue and casually dabbing Himchan’s face. He froze, watching you dabbing his face softly.

 

“So, you won. You got three wishes that will expire at the end of this date. I’ll go buy the snacks now” You grin, pulling away from him. You try to brush off a weird sensation tingling in you and walk to the snack bar. Himchan watches you scurry away. What is this feeling?

 

 

“So? Any wishes in your mind?” You smile, holding a large set of nachos while Himchan holds a large popcorn set. Both of you walk inside the theatre hall. Himchan shakes his head sideways. Not yet.

 

“Where’s our seat?” You ask.

 

“Here.” Himchan leisurely sits at a couple seat. You look at him, frozen. Here?!

 

“Couple seat?” Himchan nods, patting his empty side which meant for you. You slowly sit next to him, awkwardly. Himchan let out a chuckle.

 

“Alright, I know my first wish.” Himchan looks at you as you look back at him.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Treat me like I’m one of your best friends. Like Youngjae?”

 

“Are you sure you want me to treat you like I’m treating Youngjae? That satan?” Himchan nods. He really wants you to be comfortable with him.

 

“O…kay… Your first wish is my command.” You smile, leaning back on the seat comfortably and start eating the nachos in your hand. Himchan let out a small chuckle and sit comfortably. The movie start and both of your eyes stick on the screen. You casually reach for some Himchan’s popcorns. Himchan glances at you and casually take a piece of nachos but a hard slap pulls his hand away.

 

“MINE!” You hissed before continue watching the movie. Himchan froze up in his seat, sipping his drink trying to register what happens a moment ago. Was that Reen or a monster? Himchan concludes that you are like your brother, a monster who doesn’t share their foods.

 

“Reen.” Himchan whispers. You look at him, raising your left eyebrow.

 

“You cold?” Himchan asks as he notices you keep rubbing your hands.

 

“Yeah, a bit.” As soon you say it, Himchan holds your hand. Giving you a strange warm inside.

 

“Hey-“

 

“Shhh… we are in the movie. Besides, my hand is an affordable hand warmer.” He smiles, looking back to the screen like nothing happen. You try to refocus on the movie. It’s warm… You can feel you faintly blush with his small gestures. Both of you end up holding hand until the end of the movie.

 

“Thank you.” You awkwardly pull your hand away but Himchan intertwined your hand. Boyish grins appear on his face.

 

“Second wish. I want to hold your hand until the end of our date.” Himchan pulls you closer to him as some pedestrians almost bump into you. However, your face bumps into Himchan’s chest, ending up both of you frozen in place. So close. You can feel your cheeks already flush up. You eventually pull away from him.

 

“Ahahaha oh look at the time, let’s grab dinner. Y… You said there’s a good pasta place here?” You walk away from him. Himchan catches you up before holding your hand again.

 

“Right. Second wish.” Please don’t sweat hand. You pray silently as both of you walk to the place as Himchan mention earlier. Strangely, you feel your whole body warm up with just Himchan holding your hand.

 

 

You read the menu given by the waitress who waits beside you. You are getting uneasy with the waitress waiting for your order.

 

“We will call you once we ready to order,” Himchan says, smiling to the waitress. After she left, you thank Himchan who smiling at you.

 

“Choose anything you want. My treat.” He grins.

 

“Really? You paid for the aquarium, café, movie and now this? You sure you want to splurge on me?” Himchan nods confidently.

 

“I think everything I spend for you is worth it because you are with me, smiling and having fun,” Himchan says giddily. Again, you feel your cheeks flushed up. You immediately hide your face behind the menu.

 

“You with your cheesy kinds of stuff.” You say as Himchan let out a soft laugh. Himchan calls the waitress and gives out the orders. You look around the restaurant, it has this expensive vibe but the foods and drinks on the menu are quite affordable. Maybe you can bring Daehyun or Nara here if the food satisfies your taste.

 

“How long have you been friend with Youngjae?” Himchan asks.

 

“What with the sudden question about Youngjae?” You chuckle. Himchan wryly grin. It’s because he feels jealous watching you and Youngjae being so close.

 

“Hmm… Ever since kindergarten? He’s Daehyun best friend and partner in crime. Because I'm always a victim of their pranks, I have to level up to match them. However, both of them are super protective to me. So, you better watch your back. One already a nuisance, two will be double the trouble.” You smile as you tell Himchan about them. Daehyun and Youngjae are a big nuisance but they are the best people you could ever ask.

 

“Yeah, they are a troublemaker duo in our team. How did you manage to control both of them? They never listen.” Himchan half whines. You giggle.

 

“Let’s just say, they have a soft spot on me and they know what will happen if they don’t listen. I’m not that ladylike, to be honest.” You grin guiltily. Himchan smiles, which what he likes about you. The foods arrive and both of you indulge your dinner with small chats, knowing each other more.

 

“I’m stuffed. Thank you, Himchan.” Both of you walk side by side, holding hands.

 

“Want to sit for a while before we end our date?” Himchan points at a bench. You nod and both of you sit on the bench, watching people passing by.

“Today is so much fun. I can’t believe you brought raincoats and won the drum game.” You say, smiling brightly. You swing your legs back and forth, feeling content.

 

“Heh, I didn’t get call music genius for nothing.” Himchan boast up again making you laugh.

 

“I’m glad you are having fun today.” Himchan smiles warmly, holding your hand. You smile back at him.

 

“Oh. You have last wish before our date end. Any wishes?” You look at him eagerly. Himchan looks up.

 

“Oh? It’s raining.”

 

“What-“ You look up but you feel a soft lips touch yours. You immediately look at Himchan, who looking flush.

 

“I don’t think I just want one date with you, Reen…” He says bashfully.

 

“My last wish, will you go out with me? For real?” He says, closing both of your gaps. He seals your lips with his soft, warm lips. You stay still, clueless about how to react to him. Strange… Somehow, you feel happy. Himchan pulls away, looking at you with flushed cheeks. 

 

"So?"

 

"I..." You lost of words to answer him.