11: A DAY WITH YOU

Everyday With You

As you both walk to Himchan’s first spot, you realize you are still holding Himchan’s hand. You awkwardly pull your hand away slowly. Himchan immediate let go of your hand, realizing his bold move just now.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s my habit to hold my sister’s hand when she’s upset.” Himchan scratches his head, feeling bashful. You try to walk with him side by side before you notice Himchan slowing his paces to match up with your steps. You couldn’t help but smile at his small gesture.

 

“Where are we heading to?” Himchan turns his head to you with a boyish grin. He has done so much homework on how to plan the perfect date with you with the help from Youngjae and Nara. You let out a scoff before slowly giggle seeing his silly expression.

 

“What?”

 

“No, it’s funny watching you all giddy about this date. It’s cute.” Himchan swears he feels his cheeks burn. She thinks I’m cute! Usually, that always offend him but he is so happy hearing that from you. The grin getting wider. You nudge him to snap out of his world.

 

“Hehe, well… You will see.” Himchan giddily walks. This man. You shook your head and follow him.

 


 

“Even though she’s an art student, she does not into sophisticated things. The amusement park is too crowded for her thus she might get a panic attack. She is a simple woman, she LOVES foods and animals.” Nara jots down everything that she could to help out Himchan. Youngjae also helping him out as he has been with you for years.

 

“How was she when she’s little? She must be cute.” Himchan dreamily imagining you in your little self.  Youngjae let out a big laugh.

 

“Cute? My foot. She’s can be deathly than me. You could have guess watching me and Daehyun. She can be worst than us. One time, she-“ Nara covers Youngjae’s mouth before he could finish his story about you.

 

“OK, Yoo Youngjae that’s enough. This is about Himchan planning a perfect date for Reen.” Himchan watches the couple in confusion. What did you do?

 

“Aquarium?” Himchan looks at you, returning back to the present.

 

“Y... Yeah. Do you prefer somewhere else? I got plan B.” You laugh. Wow, he even got a backup plan for today.

 

“I always want to come here since it reopens.” You say happily. Himchan sigh in reliefs. You both enter the express lane as Himchan already bought the tickets online. You excitedly walking around the tunnel.

 

“It’s so pretty~ Omg! So cute~!” You beam happily like a child, walking around the aquarium. Himchan follows you from behind trying to catch up with you. Suddenly, you tripping on something. Losing your balance, you reach out anything to hold on before realizing you are holding Himchan’s shirt and he’s holding your arms. Oh? You feel your heart pumping hard that it might burst out.

 

“Slow down. You might trip or bump into people.” Himchan smiles, helping you up. You bashfully thank him and both of you walk at the same pace. You fidget you dress, the anxiety crawling into you again. You try to divert it with watching the sea creatures in front of you. Himchan glances at you fidgeting and biting your lips. Is it because just now?

 

“I heard there will be a show soon. Do you want to watch it? We can enjoy this later after the show.” Himchan asks, maybe bringing you to another place will help you out. You look at him and nod. Both of you walk to the show area and take a seat near the front. You notice it’s a wet zone where there will be a big risk you both getting splash on.

 

“Himchan, we might get splash if we sit here.”

 

“It’s okay, I’m here to protect you.” He grins. You scoff, smiling. This guy. You see Himchan taking out something in his bag.

“Here, I told you I will protect you.” He put a raincoat on you, grinning happily before putting on another raincoat for himself. You laugh. He is so cute. The anxiety that crawls into you dissolving. Both of you enjoying the show and getting the splash on afterward.

 


 

A cold sensation hit your right cheek. You turn to see Himchan is back with drinks in his hands, sitting next to you. Both of you cooling yourselves down after several rounds walking in the aquarium. You saw a girl hugging a huge Beluga plush, walking happily with her family.

 

“So, what’s the next spot?”

 

“Are you having fun?” Himchan asks curiously. You nod, smiling wide to him. He brought you to the place you really want to go, who won’t be happy about it. Himchan glad you are content. He was so worried if you get bothered with your anxiety. Both of you finish up your drinks and walk out from the aquarium. Expectedly, Himchan brings you to lunch.

 

“Pet café!” You beam happily as you walk inside, already giddy with all the animals you saw from outside. You look around before you saw Himchan taking out his wallet to pay for the entrance. Oh no, you don’t!

 

“Himchan!”

 

“What?! What?!” He jolts up, turning to you. You walk toward him, stopping him from paying.

 

“You already pay for the aquarium, let me pay for this one.” You bring out your purse but Himchan already gives the waitress the cash.

 

“Hey… You can’t just splurge everything on me.” You say, frowning. Himchan smiles, patting your head. You blink several times, froze from his patting.

 

“We are on the date, besides I asked you out. The least you could do is to let me be the man and pay.”  Himchan keeps patting your head softly.

 

“But…”

 

“It’s seriously not a big deal, Reen. Besides, it’s natural for man to do this.” Himchan assures you. You sigh.

 

“Fine… Thank you and please stop patting my head, people will be thought we are sibling instead.” You look away from him, blushing. Himchan pulls away, grinning. Both of you enter the café and order some light meal and drinks before you try to hoard all the pets for yourself.

 

“ACHOO!” A loud sneeze made some pets scampering away in shock. You look at Himchan sniffles his sneeze. You notice his eyes getting red.

“Are you allergic to them?” You ask concern.

 

“Well… Truthfully, to cats.” Himchan says in a small voice. You immediately get up and ask the staff for roller lint. After you satisfy no more fur on your clothes, you look a Himchan. Himchan watches you in confusion.

 

“Let’s go somewhere else. I don’t want you to get sick because of me.” You practically drag Himchan out from the café before he could say anything. After a while, you stop and turn to him to check his condition. Himchan watches how worried you are listening to your nagging about the allergy. You keep checking on him if there any fur on both of you so Himchan won’t sneeze anymore.

 

“Reen.”

 

“What?” You finally look up at his face. Frozen, you just realize how close you are right now with him. What have I done? Frantically pulling away from him, you clear your throat. Both of you are in daze and silence taking over.

 

“Why you brought me there when you can’t be near furry animals? It can harm you, you might get sick.” Finally, you break the silence. Himchan looks at you, pouting.

 

“Because I know you will love it.”

 

“It won’t be a date anymore if you got sick because of it. Date supposedly having mutual happiness. Both parties should enjoy each other.” You say carefully, Himchan getting a long face as if a boy got scolded by his mother.

 

“But… I do enjoy watching you happy. You look the finest when you are happy.” Himchan says sincerely. You getting fluster with Himchan remarks. This man with all his flowery words today.  

 

“It’s not fine! I don’t want you getting sick. It won’t be a date if you are sick in a mid of dating.” You look into his eyes, serious.

 

“You say “date” word a lot, Reen. Do I see some hopes?” Himchan grins, attempting to change the subject.

 

“Himchan!” You can feel your cheeks burn already. Himchan laughs, apologizing.

 

“Alright, then should we watch a movie together and dinner? Only if you promise me to also be comfortable with me. You are tense up most of the time.” Himchan asks, smiling.

 

“Sorry… It’s just this anxiety. It’s my first ever hanging out with a man. I keep thinking if I overdid everything.” You say, looking down at your shoes.

 

“You are beautiful today, Reen. I’m happy you are being yourself right now. Come on, I heard there is a new animation movie that you might love. Do you like pasta? I know one place that serves the best pasta.” Himchan assures you, getting a step ahead. You follow him, walking side by side with Himchan. You both start breaking the wall down and be comfortable with each other.

 


 

A/N: I’m craving for pasta and fried chicken. What do you think of part 1 of dating? COMMENT below. Heee~ thank you love.