9: ME & YOU

Everyday With You

It has been several days since you last met Himchan. However, both of you still contacting each other, as a friend. You notice Himchan has been distancing himself lately. Is it because of what Daehyun’s said? You sigh, have to admit that you miss his presence. You wander around aimlessly, checking your phone.

 

“Hey, fancy seeing you here.” You stop, looking to the voice. There he is, in front of you, a smiling Himchan. You let out a soft laugh.

 

“Are we really getting there now? Is that will be our official catchphrase? Fancy meeting or seeing you here?” You walk to him.  Himchan grins, shrugging as he putting his hands in his jean’s pockets. Himchan asks you to join him to the café nearby for coffee, you agree and walk together.

 

“You doing okay? Seems you dozing off for a while. You miss me?” A sly grin engraved on his lip, teasing you. You tilt your head, smiling. Yeah, I miss you.

 

“Nah, why would you think of that? Just thinking some kinds of stuff. Which might be unrelated to you.” You shrug him off.

 

“Might be?”

 

“Yeah.”

“So, you did think about me hmm~?” Himchan teases you. You click your tongue and look away, faintly blushing. Deep down, this unexpected encounter making you and Himchan content and forgot the awkwardness. Both of you get inside the café, as usual, Himchan walks to the counter while you get a table.

 

“Here you go, our usual iced americano half sugar and a shepherd pie for the lady.” Himchan puts down the drinks and pie. You smile, thanking him. After a few times hanging out with him, both of you already know your usual coffees. You take a sip of your drink, silently watching Himchan talks about his classes and B.A.P.

 

“Himchan, are you perhaps… Avoiding me?” Himchan stops his chat and looks at you, confuse.

 

“I mean, since Daehyun told us off, you seem to avoid to meet me, like, you keep yourself a distance with me. Is it about Daehyun?” You don’t want to hit around the bushes, you want to keep seeing him. Even if it’s just as a friend. Himchan has gone silent for a moment, sipping his coffee. You wait for him to answer.

 

“I’m not… Daehyun acts like nothing happened between us. I’m sorry I haven’t contacted you as often as before. The thing is… After Daehyun told us off, I’ve been thinking about us.” He explains slowly as you listen. Us? What about us? We are just a friend, right? However, Himchan long pause making you restless.

 

“Us what? What have you been thinking that you keep your distance with me?”

“Because, I still don’t want to be just friend, Reen. I want to be more than a friend. I want to be the guy that will make you happy and protect you. I don’t think I can stand watching you with another man either than me.” Himchan said, giving you a serious look.  You froze. What? A few moments later, you let out a laugh. Himchan watches you, raising an eyebrow. What? However, seeing Himchan didn’t laugh, you stop.

 

“Wait, you serious?” You gasp. He let out heavy sighs.

 

“I know this will be overwhelmed for you. You don’t have to answer it now. I’ll wait for you. Take your time but, don’t be too long. I’ll miss you so bad.” Silence. Both of you gaze into each other’s eyes. You take a long sip of your drink, thinking. Deep inside, you do want to be more than a friend with Himchan after what Yongguk told you that night. However, your brother pops into your mind.

 

“Daehyun… He won’t like it.”

 

“I know… But trust me, I will make him approve of us. I promise.” A determination glow in Himchan’s eyes. Maybe, just maybe… This relationship might work out.

 

“So… Are we…?” You ask, smiling. Himchan gives out his boyish grins.

 

“Would you like to go out on a date with me, Jung Reen?”

 


 

“You what?!” Nara shouts as you told her about Himchan asked you for a date. You immediately shush her, you don’t want Daehyun knows about it. Tonight, Nara stays in your house for a project. Nara making all kind of faces to you. You don’t know if it’s an approval or disapproval faces.

 

“So? What did you say to him?”

 

“I said to give me some times to think about it… I mean, this thing kinda rushing, don’t you think?” You hug your huge plushie.

 

“It is, it does escalate quickly. Youngjae told me Daehyun’s not happy with it. I should’ve been there. I want to see his shocked face.” You hit Nara’s arm. This is not a time for Daehyun. This is about you and Himchan.

 

“Well… What do you think about him? No, tell me everything!” Nara asks as she making herself comfortable on your bed. Forget the project, this girl needs tea!

 

“He’s nice? Funny in his own way… He can play a lot of musical instruments. He's dedicated himself to B.A.P, a loving senior to his juniors. A chatterbox, but I don’t mind it… He’s an interesting man in everything he does.” You say, hugging your plushie tighter. You couldn’t help but smile thinking of him.

 

“Earth to Reen! Mayday, mayday! You are crashing hard!” Nara laughs. My best friend got a crash and burn. You snap out of it and immediately you can feel your blood gushing on your cheeks. You cover your cheeks, trying to hide the blushes.

 

“You are falling hard, Reen! If you think he’s the guy, then make a move. Ignore that Daehyun, me and Youngjae will take care of him. Go date him!” Nara getting giddy and excited for you while your cheeks are getting hotter every minute. Seeing you all bashful, Nara’s laugh getting louder.

 

“Damn girl, you are red as a tomato.”

 

“Shut it, Nara!” You throw your plushie to her. In the end, both of you exchange stories instead of finishing up your project.  

 


 

The next few days went normal as it is. You still keep in touch in Himchan, meeting him at your usual café and exchanging your day. However, both of you never bring up about the date issue.

 

“So, how was your test today?” Himchan asks you as soon as you sit beside him at the park. You let out a heavy sigh as you lean back.

 

“Freaking hard.” You pout, looking at smiling Himchan.

 

“It’ll be okay, you did your best. We both have been studying that together.”

 

“I still can’t believe you taught me that subject. Your faculty doesn’t even have that subject.” You still questioning Himchan but he just laughs it out.

 

“My sister made me listen to her when she was studying this. So, I’m kinda got a strong memory of that subject. She’s your senior, an alumnus though.” You respond him with mouthing “O” while nodding. You look at the lake in front of you.

 

“This is nice.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Hanging out here instead of our usual café and library.” You turn to look at Himchan but he is swallowing the scenery in front of him. You smile, yes, this is nice. Both of you take a moment of meaningful silence.

 

“It’s really beautiful. I could stare at it forever.” You breaking the silence. Himchan smiles, glancing at you.

 

“I rather stare at you forever, Reen.” You both gaze into each other’s eyes. Your heart making a marathon in your chest. What it is? What is this feeling?

 

“Again, Reen. Will you go out on a date with me?”