Another

kindred Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aera was gone. She had left the villa once again. Baekhyun couldn't harbor the thought of all that Aera had gone through in his absence.

 

He squeezed the note, his eyes had already turned red, his body was trembling in anger. He lifted his head and glared at Kyungsoo, then at everyone. 

 

He had a lot to say, but that can wait. Getting Aera back was the most important thing at the moment.

He grabbed his car keys and rushed out and drove off.

 

Jongdae was broken. He was mad at himself for not fighting hard for Aera. He claims he loves her like a sister, yet he couldn't defend her till the end. He grabbed his phone, he was about to walk away, but Kyungsoo stopped him by holding his hand.

 

"I'm very sorry, I should've listened to you." Kyungsoo apologized. He expected Jongdae to lash out at him, punch him, but the doctor did nothing of such. 

 

"You're not only to blame but all of us including me. We didn't trust her, we ignored her tears and hurt her badly. Let's all hope Baekhyun gets to her before anyone recognizes her." Jongdae sighed and excused himself. He left the main mansion to the other side of the villa, and he sat beside the swimming pool.

 

He hated himself, he hated himself for not fighting harder for Aera. He couldn't imagine the kind of pain she must have been through the past few days with everyone blaming her and calling her an evil person.

 

He heard footsteps approaching and he knew who it was immediately. He tilted his head to the side, before getting up to meet the other man.

 

"What's wrong Jackson?" Jongdae asked. He could tell that his friend was troubled and sad at the same time.

 

"I feel bad. I yelled at you, I spoke inappropriately to you, and for that, I'm sorry." 

 

"You don't have to apologize, I hold nothing against you. You were only worried, we were all worried, that's why we all overreacted." Jongdae patted his shoulder with a small smile.

 

"Enough of apologizing, let's all make sure Baekhyun and Aera get back to us safely. Mina is evil and so is Ki-Jung, they will stop at nothing until they get what they want."

 

"That's certain." Kyungsoo joined the conversation. Behind him were Jongin, Mark, and Jin.

 

"Ki-Jung and Mina will stop at nothing until they get what they want, but they're also not clever enough to come spy on us immediately after the news. They will give us a few days before trying to spy on us to be sure if Aera is still with us." Kyungsoo stated the obvious and Jongdae saw sense in what Kyungsoo had explained.

 

"You're right. I just hope Baekhyun gets her back safely." Jongdae sighed, but Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

"That shouldn't be our problem now." 

 

"And why is that so?" Mark asked, he was confused at Kyungsoo's choice of words.

 

"Come on, didn't you all see the look in Baekhyun's eyes when he was told that Aera had left the villa, or didn't you notice the smile on his face when he was talking about her, or the way he rushed out of the mansion to look for her? Come on guys, it's very obvious that Baekhyun cares for Aera, and we all know that when he cares about someone, he makes sure that person is safe. You guys should all relax, also let's make sure we guide this villa properly." Kyungsoo said and the other men all agreed to it.

 

"You're right, let's make sure those diamonds are kept in a safe place," Jongin suggested, but Kyungsoo stared at him for a while before nodding.

 

The men had all agreed to increase the security level of the villa by turning on the advanced security system which prevented anyone from intruding into the villa.

 

"Jongin, can I have a moment with you?" Kyungsoo said, and Jongin nodded. He stayed back while the rest all carried on.

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"I heard about what happened to your parents, and for that accept my condolences." Kyungsoo sounded different, he sounded calmer and more gentle than before, and Jongin found it strange. He had always known Kyungsoo to be a hard-hearted man, but seeing him all soft was very strange, but he was still grateful.

 

"Thank you. I've learned to accept my painful past, and I believe it will make me stronger."

 

"Of course, it will." Kyungsoo patted Jongin's back before walking away. Jongin was left behind in shock, he was still surprised at the sudden change in Kyungsoo a few minutes ago.

 

"That's how Kyungsoo is. He's a man with a heart of gold, he's very kind, but when trust is absent, he will become your worst nightmare, and that's what happened with Aera." Jongdae, who stayed back to show Jongin most of the area he had not seen in the villa explained Kyungsoo's personality, and Jongin was amazed.

 

"That's great, I think we'll get along well."

 

"Of course, you will. He trusts you and that's a great start. Come with me, let me show you around the security area." Jongdae said and Jongin gladly followed him behind.


 

💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠💠


 

The latest white Mercedes-Benz was the fastest car on the highway. It was unbelievable how someone could control the wheels with such intensity. 

 

Baekhyun had never driven so fast in his life. He felt the kind of fear he had never felt before in his entire life. He was scared, all he could think about was Aera. He couldn't harbor the thought of anything bad happening to Aera.

 

He began to recall all the good things Aera had done for him ever since she came into his life. She gave him a reason to smile by just being her innocent self. 

 

He began to recall the diamonds she gave to him and the way she was accused of trying to steal the same diamonds. He hated himself for not protecting her as he had promised, he failed her all because he was still holding on to the past, his painful past.

 

Aera deserved better, she shouldn't have been treated like a bad person, she shouldn't have to pay for the evil sins her sister committed.

 

Baekhyun drove fast and in a matter of two hours, he was at the island. He parked his car properly and he headed straight to the forest in search of Aera. He tried to remember the way that led to her cave, and luckily he did. He took off at a fast pace, running like a man that was about to lose his precious treasure.


 

_______________


 

Aera had been lying down on her blanket ever since she got back to her cave in the forest. She felt so lonely, so empty. She was hurt that even the place she once loved couldn't even bring her joy as before. 

 

She couldn't sleep throughout the night despite the heavy rain, she was awake thinking about everyone, about Baekhyun.

 

She missed them, she missed Baekhyun, she missed being in the villa and making food with everyone. She missed watching TV with everyone. Aera didn't know when she began to cry again.

 

She never thought that the person she loved the most would become a devil in human form. She never thought she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter