hand holding

Moments with Her

Yerin covered a yawn as she exited the practice room, it was 3 in the morning when she decided to stop. Tapping her manager on the shoulder to wake them, she frowned when they told her that SinB was still in the other practice room.

"Why is she still here?"

Making her way to the room, she could hear music blasting through the speakers, but she didn't hear the familiar squeaking of SinB's sneakers on the hardwood floor.

Upon opening the door, she had to hold in a giggle. Hwang Eunbi, a playful beagle that was part of gfriend as the main dancer, was laying there on the floor, body just splayed about, unconcious. However, seeing SinB like that was not a scary thing for Yerin anymore. It wasn't that their resident second maknae passing out during practice and falling down, but rather, her style of taking a break and accidentally falling asleep.

The first few times Yerin had tried to slap her awake to make sure she was alright, though she was then taught not to jostle a person who may be injured.

"Eunbi yah~"

Yerin smiled as she turned off the loud music and squatted next to the younger girl.

"Eunbi yah~"

Poking SinB's cheek lightly, Yerin cintinued to call SinB's name until she woke up. Dazed, SinB looked around before rubbing her eyes.

"Ugh what time is it unnie?"

"Like 3 in the morning."

Yerin stood up first, offering her hands to pull the drowsy girl up.

"Come on, let's get home."

Once SinB was on her feet, Yerin helped her gather her things before leaving for their car.

"Oppa are you sure you're awake enough to drive us?"

"Eung."

AS she walked to the car, she felt a hand slipping in hers, smiling gently, she turned and kissed SinB's cheek, only receiving a tired whine. Squeezing lightly, she swung their hands as they neared their ride home.

"We're almost there sleepy head."

Hearing SinB's tired grumble made her smile.

"Eunbi yah, if you were that tired, you should have stopped practice first."

Feeling a tug on her hand, she looked back, SinB was pouting. Cute.

"B-but unnie wasn't going home yet either!"

She looked just like a whining little kid, wanting to go home together. Ruffling SinB's bangs, Yerin gave a light chuckle before getting in the car.

It wasn't a long ride, but still, fatigue caught up to Yerin. Just closing her eyes to rest them for a little, she began to drift off. Although she was slowly slipping into sleep, she could sense movement. Was SinB checking if whe fell asleep? Pretending to be asleep, Yerin tried hard not to react when she felt SinB's touch.

SinB had taken her hand, intertwining their fingers,it felt as though the younger was admiring her hand, rubbing soothing circles on the back, but most importantly, the way it made Yerin feel anchored. The way their hands fit together, like puzzle pieces that only have one match.

Hearing a sigh, Yerin decided to speak up.

"What's wrong?"

She could feel SinB's body go rigid for a second, Yerin smiled at fooling SinB. She peeked an eye at SinB, a lazy grin on her lips.

"Tell me."

"It's nothing unnie. I just wanted to hold your hand."

"Really? Does holding hands really include the sense of completeness you need?"

SinB stared at her wide eyed, how did Yerin know she was lonely?

"You were in that practice room before even I went in, the Hwang Eunbi I know likes to hang around the others."

SinB bit her lip a little perplexed on how to answer Yerin.

"Honestly, or my usual answer?"

"Honestly, or do you not trust me?"

"...did I say that out loud?"

Yerin giggled and SinB felt her cheeks grow hotter.

"Do you usually not answer honestly?"

"It's not that I lie, I don't, I just don't tell the whole.....truth."

Yerin turned in her seat, their manager turned up the music on the radio, forcing them to lean closer together to hear each other.

Finally, SinB grumbled and grabbed Yerin by the shoulder, pulling her closer. Saying directly to her ear, SinB confessed.

"It's not that I crave companionship with everyone, it's just you. Haven't you realized?"

"Realized what?"

"I only want to hold your hand, no one elses."

Yerin listened as SinB continued slowly.

"I.....want to be the one to....protect you. The one, who's always there for you. But that's....kind of hard when you're roommates with Sojung unnie. N-Not that I dislike Sojung unnie or anything! Just, I'm sometimes.....jealous...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holding hands after getting off the car, Yerin led the way, holding SinB's hand tightly.

"You already know, from our conversation in the car. But to make sure you remember and understand," Yerin kissed SinB quickly on the lips, stunning the younger.

"If you let me, I'll never let you go, you're mine."

=================

what am i doing at 2 in the morning....