jealousy

Moments with Her

SinB tried to keep a smile on her face as Yerin talked to her about her boyfriend that she got together with the week before. Everyday, was torture, but everyday, Yerin would talk with her, she didn't know whether that was a good thing or not.

"So like, we went on a date yesterday yea? And you said you'd wait up for me before going to bed."

"Mmhmm."

That's right, they were housemates that lived in the same small apartment.

"But you went to sleep first! Meanie!"

"Sorry, I just got so tired waiting for you, like how would I know how long that guy lasts."

Yerin blushed hotly and slapped SinB's arms as SinB didn't defend herself.

"Well, at least you had fun right?"

"Yea it was great!"

Looking off into the distance, but not particularly anything, SinB let a small sigh escape her before she dropped the smile completely. Noticing this, Yerin stopped talking.

"Are you feeling okay Eunbi?"

"Yup, just tired."

"I'm sorry if I was bothering you then."

"No, you weren't bothering me."

SinB let the silence sit for a little before moving to go to bed.

"I'll be sleeping first."

Hearing no response, SinB continued her way to the bedroom, tucking herself into her side of the bed. Yup, they actually had to share a bed in their small one room apartment, they couldn't afford to buy two beds when they moved in, and they both didn't have large enough paychecks out of college just yet. Even so, as best friends, they didn't mind sharing.

That is until SinB learned of Yerin's sleeping habit, and became aware of her feelings.

Staring at the crack in her curtain out at the lit up streets of the city of seoul, she huffed another sigh before closing her eyes. Hearing a ringtone, she sighed again. Yerin's boyfriend was calling again.

"Oppa~!"

Shoving the pillow over her head, SinB crumpled in oon herself.

"Oppa! You know? It was a great idea."

This confused SinB, what great idea? And why was Yerin's voice so close to her?

The other side of the bed dipped a little and SinB let a small grumble as Yerin tucked herself against SinB's back, her phone still held to her ear.

"She's jealous."

SinB froze. What? Who is Yerin talking about? Was her boyfriend using Yerin for something to actually get another girl? She quickly turned around under the blanket to face Yerin, only to find a smug smile on her face.

"SinB yah, listen to oppa."

"What?"

Yerin held her phone next to SinB's face, even hitting the speaker button.

"Um, hello, this is Yerin's biological brother. By the way, I'm sorry if you got hurt in anyway, but you see my little sister was just too chicken to ask your feelings."

"Huh?"

"Don't you like my little sister?"

"Huh?!"

Yerin laughed, falling over on her side. SinB stared at Yerin who was having trouble breathing, laughing too hard. When she finally caught her breath, her older brother had already cut the call. SinB waited patiently for Yerin to explain herself.

Raising her arms forwards at SinB, she waved her hands for SinB to hug her. Reluctantly, SinB tucked herself into Yerin's hold unsure of what the older was doing.

"Yerin unnie?"

"Were you jealous?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Did you enjoy me having a boyfriend?"

"I-I did, what best friend would I be if I wasn't happy for you?"

Yerin giggled and pulled SinB closer, their bodies now touching, not just their arms.

"Yah, do you understand anything that just happened?"

"No?"

"Hah, it wasn't supposed to take a week long for me to reveal this, but you're a really hard person to read you know? Even for me, the person who knows you the best."

SinB nodded, still confused. But she liked the thought that Yerin thought of herself as the only person that SinB went to.

"I like you."

She didn't move.

"I like you more than just a friend."

SinB's heartrate sped up.

"Hello? Earth to SinB? Would you be mine?"

SinB finally moved, but she moved in a way that worried Yerin. getting herself out of Yerin's arms, SinB scooted herself right off the edge of the bed, taking a seat against the bed, on the floor.

"Oh my god Hwang Eunbi, you're hallucinating now?"

Yerin puffed her cheeks in annoyance, rolling over to reach SinB, she pressed her chest against the back of SinB's head, her arms wrapped around SinB's neck.

"You're not hallucinating."

Breathily.

"I want to kiss you right now."