Sinrin Aliens AU 3

Moments with Her

For those of you who have read the two parts before this in Flash Fluff, hurray, if you haven't read it yet, go see it, apparently, its a popular idea. :P

===============

"Yerin unnie."

Yerin looked up from her clipboard, they had recently added an extension to SinB's room to see how she would interact with different environments. She disliked the idea, it was like treating SinB no less than just an experiment, she hated how the other scientists didn't acknowledge the alien's feelings.

"Up here."

Yerin looked further up, spotting her little alien, hanging upside down on a branch in the tree. This would definietly go in the records for the other scientists, but for Yerin, she was terrified.

"Come back down! You could get hurt!"

An intercom buzzed and Yerin paused to listen.

"Let her do as she pleases, we want to observe her most natural reaction to the environment. We also do not have much information on how her body reacts to injury."

Sighing, Yerin just sat back down in her spot, at the trunk of the tree SinB was hanging in. Of course, they wouldn't purposely harm SinB just to test the injury, they just wanted the little alien to have an 'accident'. Such things fascinated them, the regnerative ability. Why were humans still foolishly trying to find immortality? Living forever was boring.

"You're not afraid of falling?"

"Nope. I'm a cat meow, land on my feet."

SinB's hand slipped and Yerin covered her eyes, not bearing to look. Not hearing the sound of a thud to the ground or a grunt of pain, she peeked one eye.

"Hey?"

SinB was no longer that far up the tree, instead she was hanging now on the vines closer to Yerin.

"Oh my goodness you scared me."

Giving a cheeky grin, the alien just giggled, swinging around a little.

"Yerin unnie, what is this?"

"A vine?"

"No, not the vine, this feeling."

"What kind of feeling?"

"Hmm, I kind of get it when I'm with you too."

SinB jumped off the end of the vine she was swinging on and landed gracefully on her feet, in front of Yerin. Leaning down and looking the researcher in the eyes, she shot a close range smile.

"It's like my hearts racing but for a different reason besides the love you taught me."

Pulling Yerin's hand to land on her chest, SinB beamed still. Yerin closed her eyes and concentrated, feeling the pulse of SinB's alien equivalent of a heart, beating.

"Well, I don't remember off the top of my head what's the normal heartrate for you, so I can't really say if its fear or excitement."

"Fear? Excitement? I haven't learned them yet."

SinB scooted closer and sat next to Yerin, copying her sitting pose, but her knees were not put together. Leaning her head on Yerin's shoulder, she sighed.

"Is fear a good thing?"

"You're sure I haven't taught you fear before? I thought I did. It's when you're scared."

"Scared? I know scared, its a bad feeling. Want to run away, that's also fear?"

"Somewhat? Like fear is kind of like describing scared?"

SinB hummed and rubbed her cheek on Yerin's shoulder, Yerin had come to learn that it was almos the same as a cat's bunting, but in alien culture, it was more of a marking its territory more aggressively despite it being so innocent looking.

"Then what's excitement?"

"Well, an example is if you didn't see me for a week, but then someone tells you that I'll finally be back. How would you react?"

"I would jump around and be happy, finally getting to see you."

"That means you're excited to see me again, do you get it?"

It wasn't really Yerin's special ability, to explain every word out of a dictionary on will, but she was getting better at it, thanks to SinB.

"Yerin unnie."

"Yea?"

"I love you."

"Love you too."

SinB giggled and snuggled under Yerin's arm, tucking herself into Yerin's hold. Yerin could almost imagine the scientists on the other side of the wall groaning that SinB wasn't doing anything besides interacting with Yerin, but they had no choice. If Yerin wasn't in the room, SinB would find a corner and sit herself there, meditate until Yerin came back. They tried to check if SinB was doing anything when she was meditating, but even human technology couldn't detect her brainwaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm hungry."

"Me too."

SinB wandered her room, it was getting more and more decorated as Yerin kept bringing her plushies from her hobby. Rolling on the floor and pretending to be a spy, she made sound effects as she pretended to fight invisible enemies, making Yerin smile at her cute reenactments.

"SinB yah, do you, ever feel like going back to your planet?"

"My planet?"

"You know, homesickness."

"Homesickness?"

SinB stopped rolling and sat at attention, kneeling at Yerin's feet.

"When you miss home, your family, the things you're comfortable with."

"Comfortable with?"

SinB tilted her head cutely and thought about it.

"I don't."

"What? You don't want to go back to your home planet even if somehow we fixed your ship?"

"Well, I mean I miss Eunha unnie, but she's probably on her way to crashing here too, it's your planet's fault for creating wifi. It ruins our coms system."

Yerin was confused, sometimes, SinB acted like a child, cute and cuddly. Sometimes, SinB was wiser than her, perhaps she learned the technical terms listening to the engineers talk when they came for maintenance on SinB's room.

"Why? Why wouldn't you want to go home?"

"Aren't I home already?"

"Huh? You're not from Earth, what do you mean?"

"Home, is where I'm the most comfortable, with people I love, and happy at. Don't you humans have that saying, 'home is where the heart is'? I may be missing one criteria, that's people, I only have you. But you're my home."

Yerin blushed, not expecting this kind of response.

"I get that, and I love you for it, but you really don't need to go home? The others wanted to know where you came from."

"Hmmm, if I brought you back with me, they'd probably eat you."

SinB started laughing and Yerin was confused.

"Why are you laughing? Isn't getting eaten a bad thing?"

"Nothing, I can hear the other scientists screaming in the other room."

SinB had superhuman hearing and Yerin was still learning new things about her alien girlfriend.

"But no, they wouldn't literally eat you. It's probably still very dangerous to bring back another life form. We aren't really attached to each other emotionally."

"Is that why you didn't know love? Even in your own language."

"Nope, just you."

SinB's little grin made Yerin's heart race even more.

"L-let's get food now."

"Sure, honey."

Yerin coughed, she didn't teach SinB to say that, nope. Oops.