The one who watches my heart pt 1

Moments with Her

AU where Yerin is a doctor in training.

===================

"Unnie, can you check the rest of these documents for me?"

Yerin waved Sowon over as she stared her phone. Sowon just sighed as accepted the stack of papers Yerin handed her.

"You'll be back quickly right? I'm not supposed to do your work for you."

"I'll be back as fast as I can!"

Yerin ran off, still holding her phone. Her coworkers just sneered and started whispering to each other, Sowon just sighed.

"You idiots who are saying she's going to meet her lover are wrong. That's her patient she's going to."

"Isn't her patient a coma patient?"

"Yea, she's got a heart implant to monitor the body's conditions and Yerin  has the app open 24/7. Respect your senior."

Chorusing a quiet yes, the other interns turned back to their work. Sowon grumbled as she began to flip through Yerin's work. She wasn't going to do any of it like she said, and Yerin knew it  as well. Sowon would just organize it to make it easier for Yerin to do later, a doctor in training can't be shirking duties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hwang Eunbi Hwang Eunbi, what could be bothering you today?"

Yerin continued to jog through the building, reaching the elevators and shoving her hand between the sliding doors.

"Excuse me."

Looking back down at her screen after pressing the correct floor, she noticed that the heartrate had increased and the brain activity seemed to rise.

"Oh my god."

She ignored the other doctors who looked at her funny as she ran out the elevator doors and opened the door to her patient's room. Yuju, a nurse who was best friends with Yerin, noticed her frantic running down the hallway and entered the room after her.

"What's wrong Yerin unnie?"

"She's waking."

They both stared as a finger twitched, an eyebrow scrunched and finally Hwang Eunbi's eyes open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey doc, I don't have to come every week do I? I'm already fine with this body. Look everything is working fine."

"Yah, you just got upgraded to once a week, did you like it better when you had to come everday?"

SinB sighed as she crossed her arms, pushing Yerin's hands from holding a stethoscope to her chest.

"ert."

"Hey, it's my job to touch people. Shush and let me listen."

"You already have that app don't you? Just check that?"

Yerin sighed and unlcoked her phone, opening the app. Hwang Eunbi, better known as SinB, was in a coma for two years, she was technically, still 18 in her head. Her playfulness made Yerin smile but her erratic heartrate sometimes worried Yerin. She was in a coma because of a concussion, not a heart failure, yet sometimes, SinB's heartrate peaked abnormally high. Like right now.

"Tell me, why is your heart racing right now?"

"It isn't."

"Then let me listen and see if you need to change your implant."

"Can't you just take it out and not put one back in?"

"I'd prefer that I can keep an eye on you."

"That's an invasion of privacy!"

"Your parents also agreed to keep that implant in you, they also check the app as often as I do."

"Doesn't this mean that I have cellular data whereever I go?"

"No, it does not."

SinB smirked.

"Then I suppose I'll just have to go off radar."

Yerin just sighed and caught her window of opportunity as SinB waved her arms around describing how she was going to go trekking in the mountains where there was no signal. Pressing the stethoscope to her patient's chest, she closed her eyes and listened, she had initially thought that the heartbeat sensor might have to go through recalibration because she really didn't think that SinB's heart was racing that much, but it was. Keeping it to herself, she just nodded her head as SinB continued to talk and put her clothes back properly.

"The implant is working properly, so don't worry about it, remember to come back next week at the same time."

"Okay, bye Yerin unnie."

"That's Doc to you."

SinB just stuck out her tongue and ran out the room. Yerin watched the app as it displayed certain rises in hormone levels and chemical happiness. SinB wasn't running anymore, that was indicated by her muscle sensors but the app still said her heartrate was high, the reason was due to emotion? The electric signals from her brain to her heart? This was interesting, did SinB meet a person she liked?

Yerin hummed as she marked in SinB's chart as 'nothing out of the ordinary'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god Yewon ah, I can't help it! It was so hard not to blush in front of her!"

SinB started practicing her breathing excercises as Umji patted her back.

"You didn't slip that you have a crush right?"

"No I didn't but still omg she knew my heartrate because she still has that app for my implant!"

"Then she knows you're probably freaking out right now?"

SinB stopped jumping up and down, seating herself.

"She...er- she wouldn't still be looking at it would she? haha....."

"You did say that she noticed the peaks and stuff."

"But that could just be when she looks at the graphs in the app, not live, I'm probably fine."

What they didn't know was that Yerin was looking out of her window office, smiling as she watched SinB and Umji's interaction. Cute.