living together au

Moments with Her

“Would you like to live with me?”

==========================

“SinB yah! How many eggs do you want in today’s breakfast?”

“Hm? Ten.”

“Hah? How can two people eat ten eggs? Then, just one egg.”

Yerin cracked one egg into her bowl, planning on making French toast with bacon for breakfast, she sometimes asked SinB for her opinion on her cooking, today was the concentration of how much egg went on the toast.

“Then, fifteen eggs.”

“Hey! Like I said, one.”

SinB yawned as she exited the bathroom, her morning routine completed, attaching herself to Yerin’s back, and wishing a good morning.

“Then two, since we’re just two.”

Yerin teased as she scrambled the single egg in her bowl.

“One.”

“Two~ come on, two.”

Yerin just grinned as she felt SinB whine and wiggle around behind her, giving in she held the second egg and threatened to hit it on her best friend’s head.

“Fine, two!”

“Ah!”

SinB backed away and chuckled, just shaking her head.

“Thanks for cooking breakfast every morning.”

“No problem Bi.”

Setting the table and getting it ready for Yerin’s food, SinB hummed and checked her phone.

“The others want to go shopping together today, you free?”

“Yea, we discussed this yesterday.”

“Right, right.”

They fell into a comfortable silence, the soft sizzling of the egg soaked breads on the pan filling the quiet and the scent wafting through the air.

“It already smells great.”

“And I’m sure it’ll taste great.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Aren’t you two just a little too close?”

SinB and Yerin looked up from the menu in front of them, the girls had gone through several stores already and were getting ready to order lunch. Sowon had left with her arms full of bags to put them in her car as Eunha waved goodbye and took care of ordering for the tallest.

“Who would have thought you two would still be together after all these years.”

Eunha and Sowon were high school crushes, to campus couple, to now almost married. Eunha hushed the girls and pulled out her phone, showing them an image.

“A ring?”

She giggled as SinB laughed, connecting the dots.

“You’re finally asking?”

Eunha’s enthusiastic nods made everyone smile.

“What’re you all smiling about? Did SinB and Yerin get together yet?”

SinB and Yerin looked confusedly at their friends, surprised that Sowon had said such a thing? Absurd? Definitely. The shocked faces her friends had? Super unexpected.

“Wait, why are you all so surprised?”

“Oops, I shouldn’t have said that should I?”

Eunha quickly shoved her phone in her pocket and pulled Sowon down to sit next to her.

“You guys thought that we….were together?”

Umji sheepishly nodded, her fingers twiddling.

“Well, you’ve basically lived together for nearly three years already, I know you guys said that it was just saving cost, but why would best friends sleep in the same bed for so long?”

Yerin halted in her actions, cutting meat, which actually belonged to SinB. SinB also stopped moving, her fork midair, holding up a piece for Yerin to eat, realizing their actions only proved their friend’s words true.

“Uhh…”

“It’s just us seeing what we want to see anyways, don’t worry about it Eunbi ah.”

SinB just nodded, setting her fork down and reassuring the worried Umji that it was really, okay. Was it?

As their girl’s day out continued, both SinB and Yerin began to realize things they didn’t realize they did that were things lovers did naturally.

The way they held hands everywhere, picked out outfits for each other, paid each other special attention, until at the end, they were trying to stay away from each other, as if self-conscious.

“We’re sorry if we made you guys uncomfortable okay? Just keep being yourselves, no one will judge alright?”

Sowon nodded at Umji’s words, quickly giving the youngest a hug before holding Eunha’s hand and pulling her away for the night.

“Wait! I didn’t get to hug Yewon goodbye yet!”

“You’re not going to today.”

“Why?!”

They couldn’t hear Sowon’s words anymore, but they could guess, the way Eunha jumped up and hugged Sowon’s back, clinging tightly with a bright smile. Even the giraffe could get jealous.

Turning to the remaining two girls in front of them, they exchanged pleasantries and promises to meet another day to have fun together, all the while the nagging feeling under their skins.

“Relax Eunbi, you’ve been high strung since lunch.”

“Yea, I’ll do that, it was fun Yewon ah.”

“No problem, I’ll call you later when I get home okay?”

SinB nodded and waved Umji off, sending her away on a taxi as Yerin and Yuju talked.

“Do you think I should confess to her at all? She’s such an angel.”

“Who?”

SinB joined them, Yerin’s arm naturally snaking around SinB’s waist before freezing there, SinB thought that after, Yerin would remove her hand but it remained there, awkwardly.

“Yewonnie.”

“You really want to confess to Yewonie?”

“I….”

Seeing Yuju’s hesitance, SinB could only laugh and slap her shoulder.

“Go for it! Even if it goes bad, I’m sure things will work out, I think she’d prefer to know that you’ve got this situation.”

Yuju nodded and hugged SinB and Yerin good night before leaving to the parking structure, she owned a motorcycle, but it had just gone through a paint job, not allowed to be left out in the elements just yet. Umji had been against Yuju getting a motorcycle, but after several rides in the back, she finally let Yuju keep her motorcycle. They had a complicated relationship.

The walk to Yerin’s car was silent, they also didn’t hold hands.

The ride was silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Settling down on the couch as Yerin went to shower, SinB thought about the day’s events. Her and Yerin? Together? Did she want to date another person? Thinking about it deeply, she came to the conclusion that she really had no need to date, what benefits were there to dating that she didn’t have already? Skinship? That wasn’t that necessary was it? But what if Yerin wasn’t living with her?

A morning without Yerin next to her, cooking her breakfast for the one who could barely work a rice cooker right. A day where she couldn’t talk with Yerin.

“She’s important to me.”

But how important?

Hearing the shower stop, she got up off the couch to get ready for her turn. Was thinking about this so hard before?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin smiled as she passed SinB, they still haven’t talked yet, but she assumed it was her turn to think about it as she dried her hair in the living room. Did she think of SinB as an irreplaceable person in her life that wasn’t platonic? Sure, she was always the one who initiated skinship, the occasional hug, or touch. But SinB never shied away from it, she never minded it.

Would kissing Hwang Eunbi clear her thoughts? Actually, did she want to kiss her? This she never thought of, they were just so close, and they knew basically everything about each other, that this had never occurred to her. SinB? She’s pretty, smart, artistic, and y. Kissing her would be nice.

Yerin gasped, did she just imagine it? Blushing, she shook her head to clear her thoughts as SinB exited the shower unable to look at her. This worried SinB, she wondered what conclusion Yerin arrived at.

“Here, I’ll dry your hair for you.”

“Thanks.”

SinB was hyperaware of Yerin’s touch, her fingers running through her hair, carefully ruffling it out to dry it better with the hair dryer. Even with the sound of the dryer in her ears, she could almost feel her heartbeat pulsing through her body. Hesitantly, she took Yerin’s hand, stopping the older in her actions.

“SinB?”

Pulling Yerin’s hand to her chest, SinB closed her eyes.

“A-are they right?”

Yerin’s hand didn’t move, even when SinB’s hands dropped.

“W-well, I guess we just never thought about it.”

Pulling SinB into her arms, they sat together, SinB pressed against Yerin’s chest, listening to her heartbeat. She could feel Yerin hold her breath.

“Do….do you want to…?”

SinB moved back a little to look into Yerin’s eyes, was she serious? Leaning in a little, SinB hesitantly closed her eyes, waiting for Yerin to come forwards. Feeling the latter’s breath on her lips, she held back a shiver. As their lips touched, SinB felt the need to hold Yerin’s closer, her arms going to loop around Yerin’s back, she tilted her head a little, pressing her lips closer to Yerin’s. Yerin’s hands wandered from SinB’s arms to her waist, resting there.

Drawing back, they weren’t able to look at each other, embarrassed that they had enjoyed it so much.

“Th-/Yo-“

Giggling at the absurdity, they calmed down and smiled.

“That happened.”

“Yeah.”

“I wouldn’t mind if we continued to do that.”

“Yeah.”

Giggling, they kissed again. It wasn’t like anything had really changed, just, they could kiss, and ya know, other stuffs.

“Why didn’t we realize this?”

“What do you mean?”

“I could have been kissing you this entire time!”

“You like kissing that much?”

“And I can call you babe outside now too!”

That was a surprise, SinB hadn’t realized that their in-house flirting was actual flirting, but neither had noticed it. Somehow, everything finally clicked into place.

“Hey, kiss me again?”

Yerin grinned and pulled SinB to sit on her lap.

“Sure, babe.”

===============

geez unnie why'd you have to get sad so easily? I wasn't supposed to write you sinrin for a week.....