scared of thunder au

Moments with Her

An au where Sinrin are strangers and SinB is afraid of thunder as her flight got delayed. -Requested by Cass

===================

"Eunbi yah, me n Yewon are going to shop at the gift shop."

"Eunha unnie, haven't you already gone shopping at the same shop like seven times already?"

Eunha pouted but still stood up from her seat, pulling Yewon with her. This trio was supposed to be on a flight headed to Hawaii for vacation, their flight was supposed to be several hours ago, except for a sudden turn in the weather causing changes in their flight plans. Their airline had informed them that the storm should pass within the next 24 hours and their plane would be ready to go immediately the moment the air conditions were suitable.

Problem was, SinB had explored the airport completely and was extremely bored. Deciding to remain behind and watch their carry on luggages, she plugged in her earbuds and began to listen to music, not to soft to put her to sleep and allow her guard to be down in fear of being robbed, but not to strong to get her riled up in excitement to dance.

"Geez, can't the weather just clear up already?"

Checking her hotel booking, she quickly sent an email apologizing for having to check in late and arranged for the front desk to have their key ready at anytime at special request as check in times were usually just during midday, nothing too late and nothing before eleven at lunchtime.

Finishing up the last of her duties, she sighed as she returned to staring into space. From what she had observed from her seat by the window, the skies didn't look too bad, and planes were still taking off, just not theirs. Assuming that the storm was just in the direction that Hawaii's flight had to go, SinB shrugged it off and turned her volume down to remain aware of her surroundings.

Counting her bags again, she glanced at the clock again.

"Aish, not even five minutes have passed."

"You know, the more you look at the clock, the slower time seems to pass?"

SinB jumped, she hadn't realized that there was a person next to her.

"A-ah is that so?"

Chuckling awkwardly, she looked away again, eyes wandering the airport.

"Where do you plan on staying in Hawaii?"

"Eh? Uh at the Big Island, you?"

"Haha, you don't seem like the talkative type, sorry if I'm bothering you, I just figured, talking to someone is a better way of passing time."

SinB nodded her head, this girl was weirdly over friendly in her opinion.

"But anyways, yea I'm also going to be staying at the Big Island, are you planning on anything special? Like swimming with the dolphins?"

"Y-yea, me and my friends are going to do that, yeah."

Hearing the other giggle, SinB blushed a little in embarassment, geez Hwang Eunbi, are you not capable of a proper chat?

"You're cute."

Just then, a really loud boom sounded, forcing SinB's hands over her ears. Once it was over, she relaxed a little bit, trembling just slightly. , was it really thundering?

"Are you okay there?"

Sitting straight quickly she gave a nervous smile as she flinched from a bright flash from the murky skies above.

"E-everything's okay."

"Are you-"

She was cut off by another loud boom, another flash, and another boom, before the sound of the rain hitting the windows of the airport became really really loud.

SinB had yelped and curled into herself, holding her ears tightly. Her shoulders were shaking a little as hiccuping began, her breath hitched as she began to panic.

"You're definitely not okay."

Ignoring her, SinB tried to take deep breaths, its not gunshots Eunbi ah, theres nobody shooting anyone here. Her father was a policemen who had once gotten into an issue with a criminal who kidnapped her when she was young. There was a gunfight on a rainy day, and thus this fear came into existence.

Feeling a hand on her back, she jerked away quickly, looking wildly at her surroundings.

"It's okay, it's just me."

SinB tried to compose herself, sitting back properly, but when another boom of thunder sounded, she yelped but only found arms wrapped around her. An extra set of hands on her ears.

"Shhhh, it's okay."

When the next boom sounded, she let herself pull the other girl into a hug, hiding slightly.

"It's okay, it's okay, it'll go away soon. Just flash thunder."

They remained that way until the rain slowed down and SinB's heartbeat wasn't thundering in her head.

"S-sorry about that."

"It's alright, its an understandable fear, are you okay now?"

"Y-yea th-thanks-?"

"SinB!"

Eunha came running at her, pulling the younger Eunbi into a hug tightly.

"OMG I was running over as fast as I could!"

"As if, you took over half an hour to come back."

"Still! I was at the store at the end and you can't believe the line there and- wait you're okay? I thought you'd be a crying mess still?"

SinB frowned at Eunha, making the older feel guilty.

"I had help."

"From who?"

SinB turned to her side but the other girl was gone.

"Huh? She was just here...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you're saying that a pretty lady sat down next to you, had a chat then when 'that' happened, she helped comfort you through it?"

SinB just huffed at Eunha, arranging her first class seat items around, she had a particular way she liked her stuff for long flights.

"That's what I said."

"Yewon ah! Did you hear that? SinB called someone pretty for the first time in foreeeeeever!"

"Eunha unnie, you should have just let me stay in the line and gone back to SinB when the storm started geez."

"Couldn't you have come back for me too Yewon? Such great friends I have."

SinB crossed her arms and slid down her seat a little, sulking that she had to be afraid on her own if not for that kind stranger.

"Um, is this row seven?"

SinB looked up at the voice, it seemed familiar.

"Yes, it is- ah."

"Oh, hey, you doing okay?"

SinB watched as the other girl put her carry on away, her jaw not picking itself back up.

"Well, since it seems that we're seatmates on this long flight,"

She sat down in her seat and rearranged her pillow and slippers properly.

"What's your name? I'm Yerin."

========================

Did I do this right? I hope I did. oh well. I tried.