Adachi Yuto

no dating in the office please
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuto could have stayed back at the Nagano branch in Japan and led a comfortable and happy life as a normal Japanese salaryman. He could have been engaging in quality banter in the kitchen with other Japanese co-workers, making precious memories with his team over rounds of sake after work, enjoying himself as he works hard to comfortably climb that corporate ladder...but no. Here he is, sitting at a desk in the Seoul branch of motherfxcking South Korea, miles away from home. No one likes being the new guy, especially when you're from a different country. 

It has been a week since Yuto first started and he was already regretting the decision to transfer every waking minute. The cursor flickers on the screen as his fingers hover the keyboard, waiting for Yuto to decide what to type next. It's weird how things work out sometimes. If young and naive 15 year old Yuto didn't go through the rebellious phase of 'I HAVE TO GO TO SOUTH KOREA TO BECOME A K-POP STAR', his Korean skills wouldn't be at the level it is now. It was both a blessing and curse to adult Yuto who threw away those dreams long ago. Yuto is about to switch to another screen when he feels it. Those pair of burning eyes stabbing at him from the side. Well, this isn't the first time he's noticed it. He knew the person had been staring at him for the last hour or so but chose to ignore it. But there's a limit to how much you can ignore a problem before you have to acknowledge it. Yuto huffs and then glances to the side, just in time to catch the sight of Hyunggu turning his head back to his own monitor at lightning speed. Yuto clears his throat loud enough for Hyunggu to hear and resumes his typing. It happened so often that it was starting to get annoying but Yuto didn't want to do anything about it. At the very least, he knows why Hyunggu is like this despite them having known each other for just a week. He probably would be the same if he was in Hyunggu's position.

It happened a few days ago. It was Yuto's first day in the office and he had been sent up to another floor to get some administrative paperwork done but had taken the wrong elevator. He hopped off at the wrong floor, hoping to bump into someone to ask for help, but it was strangely empty with not a soul in sight. And quiet. Almost too quiet. After a brief look around the place, he realised it was a newly refurbished floor considering how sparkling new everything was and how there was even furniture still wrapped up in plastic everywhere. Yuto swung his body around and was ready to go back down to the elevators when he heard a loud crash coming from a nearby room. C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter