The Girl Friend

The Girl Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jiwonnie, I need you.”

 

That was all I need to say and Superman would come running towards wherever I was. But he wasn’t exactly Superman and I wasn’t exactly Lois Lane.

 

Within a matter of minutes, I heard heavy footsteps outside of the door. The next thing I knew, he opened the door, not even bothering to knock (not that I expect him to, after all, I called him.) and brought me into his arms.

 

Here I was, crying my heart out once again after my dad left me to deal with my psychotic impossible mother. I knew my dad wasn’t a saint and I knew that he was nearly going deaf because of my mom’s over-excessive talking about the most trivial things in this world. My parents had another fight, the fifth one this week (and did I mention that it’s only Tuesday?) and no matter how much I act as if I don’t give a damn about them, I just couldn’t deny the fact that their relationship—or the lack thereof, had been affecting me more than I could even imagine.

 

Good thing Jiwon is here. He’s always been here beside me and for 10 years of knowing each other, he just knew how to calm me down. He would just hug me and let me cry on his chest. After 15 minutes or so, he would let me wash my face then we’ll go to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream like two normal teens hanging out as if nothing happened before that.

 

So, just like the usual, after 15 minutes, I did wash my face and 5 minutes after that; we were walking towards the nearest Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop.

 

“Oh Jiwonnie, what am I going to do without you?” I said as we entered the shop.

 

“I don’t know, Jichu. Probably end up as an emo girl with heavy eye liner and black lipstick who’s ready to kill anyone in their sleep.” He said with an evil smirk. Jiwon did know how to ruin a moment. But, I was actually used to him being like that. He had always been some kind of a death freak guy. No, don’t get me wrong. He wasn’t emo (and he doesn’t even look like one) but he just enjoyed watching those gruesome good-for-nothing “horror movies” that should be called man-slaughter movies.

 

I just ignored what he just said and started looking for an empty table while he went to the counter to buy our ice cream. I found one empty seat at the back of the shop, which coincidentally was my favourite spot. I always liked it when I sit at the back since I could actually see everyone from this spot. You see, I love people watching and this spot was just perfect for this little hobby of mine.

 

I took a seat and waited for a while for Jiwon. After a minute or so, he arrived with two cups of ice cream. I smiled. He knew that I couldn’t eat ice cream on a cone since I would always spill all the ice cream on my clothes. He took a seat beside me and I got to see what he got me- coffee (my favourite).

 

Coffee flavoured ice cream had always been my favourite. And let me share a secret: I don’t drink coffee. Weird right? I don’t know. I just love how the coffee flavoured ice cream would melt in my mouth. It’s like a series of explosion (of flavours) ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter