Ep. 02 - The Meeting

Another We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eomma, appa…I ended up getting married a little sooner than I thought" Jisoo thought solemnly as she stare at her reflection through the mirror while the make-up artist does some final touches on her face. The rest of the pinks giggle behind her as they take countless of photos much to Jisoo's chagrin. Today is their first shooting and Jisoo has been dreading on who could her husband be. What if we both know each other? What if we both ended up not getting along? What if they turn out to be a creep?!

"Lisa, switch with me!" She whined as their hairdresser starts fixing her hair. The youngest gave a laugh chortle in lieu and shakes her head. "No thanks, I’m good, unnie." Lisa grinned making Jisoo groan in defeat.

"I'm sure it won't be all that bad." Chaeyoung, the sweetheart that she is, tried to appease the eldest. Jisoo just sighs a little, gradually accepting that she has no out of this.

"I even heard from the staff that the husband is really handsome." Jennie added with a teasing smirk plastered on her pretty face.

"That's the thing! What if he's a little too handsome-" she heard their manager snicker in the background with a humorous mutter of or too ugly, that Jisoo chose to completely ignore. "-his fans will kill me!!" Jisoo huffs and puffs her cheeks as she can already imagine the amount of threats she will have once she breathes next to her husband.

"Just pretend that you're shooting for a drama. Everything's going to be alright, okay? Just trust us, we got your back." It doesn't sound that convincing and it doesn't make sense considering just how Jennie thinks they can handle the nitezen's hate comments but Jisoo would be lying if she said that she didn't felt reassured and calmer than earlier.

"Miss Kim Jisoo, time for you to meet your husband." Never mind her anxiety is back.

 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

 

"Okay Miss Jisoo, I'll lead you to where you're going to hide, follow me please.” I politely nodded and followed behind them while listening to the staff's every direction on how this part will flow. I just finished talking to the other PD outside and they told me how everything will go. It doesn't sound difficult actually, all I have to do was keep my face hidden behind a book, wait for my future husband? Groom? Partner? I don’t know, to sit across from me and if we match, which of course we will, considering that I'll be the only one here, we can go on with the next date. We weren't at the Starfield Library which is a relief cause that place is just too huge and noisy and just too crowded for my taste, this place has a more cozier atmosphere and maybe not that many books but there's still plenty to choose from and there's a cafe and a small stationary store on each side of it. It's a nice perfect setting for a first date, if we both like reading that is.

As we were walking down to my place I noticed there were actually ten desks facing each other, the opposite desks, which I assume where I’ll be sitting down on, was covered with cardboards to each sides and front so the only way you can see the person is if you go around to the back but even doing that would seem difficult since they will be hunched over while a book covers their face.

"The cover on the front will be slid off later once your husband sits in front.” The staff explained and I shoot them a curious look.

"Who will be the other four sitting behind the desks?" They didn't turned around but I can feel like they were smiling at my confuse state.

"Just our WGM staff. “I can tell they're lying but I didn't push the question more as I was ushered to sit in the middle desk. Even the lower part was covered; no one can really see anything else in front. They gave me a book and a very familiar one actually, it was the Norwegian Wood, this was a really good book- wasn't one of the best but it's those kind of stories where you can pick up a little something by the end of it. I opened the page where a pink bookmark was sticking out of it and read the first stanza. Oh, this part. The staff told me to not raise my head up and not move around before leaving me alone. With a resigned huff, I started reading the book starting from where the bookmark was. Ah I remember this part…

After a while, I was starting to get bored, I can still hear people talking but it was a little muffled due to the cardboards. I took a glance at the camera that was placed at the corner and gave it a peace sign then two finger hearts, and blows it heart kisses with a quiet giggle.

“He's coming, all camera and mics on? Good.” I heard the chairs besides me squeaking as they were pulled back and felt a couple of presence on both my sides after I heard the booming voice of the PD.

My heart did a little jump when it just dawned on me what he just said and soon my stomach followed suit and felt butterflies fluttering and tickling my insides. I'm feeling jittery again and stopped my urge to lean back and take a peek. I heard the soft melody of the chimes as the glass door was probably swung open, I can hear people talking but I couldn't really tell what about as a stifled chuckle and a harsh shush was getting thrown on my left and right. There was this sudden stillness in the air after that, it wasn't tense but it felt heavy. I heard light footsteps approaching my direction and felt my heart beat loudly like a drum, why? I have no idea but it did. My hands felt cold and I waited to hear the sound of the chair across from mine to squeak or scrape against the tiled floor.

 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

 

Sehun's POV

It was 5 am when Sehun woke up with a bad bedhead hair and a sore body, last night Minseok decided to drop by and visit them on his day off and gave him a few loving drunk punches while saying with a grinning red face. Can't veliefe ouwr mawknae ish getting married firsht! You luckYyy and an, Oi! Make sure…you…you treat youwr wipe rish. Sehun doesn't know what the last one was but he's too afraid ask so he just nodded. Drunken Minseok hyung is scary; he can either be a cuddly hyung or a cool hyung that gives out affectionate punches.

Last night he was the latter and unfortunately Sehun was at the receiving end of it. It wouldn't be a problem but it was, because his Minseok hyung has been training in the military for months now and those training didn't go to waste. He was actually a bit more built than before and his strength has doubled! Sehun was actually thankful that even in his hyung's drunken state; he didn't punch him that hard to leave a bruise but the idea of his hyung already holding back his strength and still left his body all beaten and sore the next morning made the younger one sulk.

Sehun did a little stretch on his bed and lets out a big yawn before getting off and started his morning routine, which is basically: fix the bed, take a jog, do some more stretching, take a bath, eat his breakfast, brush his teeth, get dressed, greet the camera-.

Camera?

Sehun stared at the device that was quietly sitting on the coffee table at their living room.

"Oh great, you're dressed. Let's go, the library is actually a bit far from here and we have traffic to deal with." Sehun splutters incoherent noises as he tries to catch up with their manager, who just came out from their kitchen.

"W-wait, hyung- I actually haven't packed yet!" Their manager stopped just as he was almost out of the doorway and turned around to look at him then glanced behind him.

"Can you guys pack his clothes for him? I'll just pick it up later once I drop him off the salon."

"Gotcha." He heard Baekhyun answer. Sehun turned around to thank s who in turn cheered him on and threw him 'good lucks' till he was out the door.

 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

 

It took me almost an hour to get all ready and another hour sitting on the passenger seat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter