|Warmth|

Ablaze |m.t.|

Haemi decided to help us after all, believing it as a gift for saving her life. 

“How could they tell we aren’t from the hidden world?” As soon as we landed on the land of the hidden world, Haemi hid us in a public bathroom, in the girl’s, which Bam was looking around...admiring the place?... “It’s so much cleaner...” Deciding to ignore the boy who had hormonal problems, I looked back at Haemi, who lifted her hand to point at her eyes. 

”They say the eyes are the windows to your soul...which it’s true in the hidden world-...”                             

”So they can read are minds?!” Bam interrupted, with a look of shock, as he was in the midst of checking himself out in the mirror. I grunted, “What did I say about interrupting others?” His shocked expression became smug. “You always gotta dab on ‘em! Aye!” BamBam became DabDab, all of a sudden, which had Haemi in fits of laughter, as for me, a migraine forming.

”Anyways!” I rolled my eyes at Haemi joining Bam’s dab competition. Bam just had bad timing I swore, cause the next thing that happened could’ve blown are cover right away. As the door to the bathroom started to open. Haemi and I pushed Bam into one of the stalls, as Haemi and I acted casually when two teenaged girls came in. 

“Hi, girls!” Haemi exclaimed, leaning up against the stall dooor that Bam was trapped in. I face-palmed myself, also trying not to make eye-contact with the two. Very normal... The two girls just stared at us, judgingly, before ignoring us and touching up their makeup. However, when one of the girls came walking towards the stalls, I stiffened and Haemi kept on blocking the girl’s way to Bam's stall. 

“What are you hiding?” 

“Oh!...uh....my friend’s just a little wasted you see, you don’t wanna see how it’s like in there.” Haemi hurriedly came up with a story. “Are you alright, Bomi!?” Haemi called out to Bam, hoping he’d get the code, but it seeemed he didn’t. I pretended that something was in my eye, looking into the mirror, before side-kicking Bam’s shin. “Ow!” A high-pitched scream came from Bam. 

“Oh dear! Are you okay sweety?!~” I pretended to act concerned, when I was mentally laughing my off at Bam’s ‘manly’ scream. “Jisoo, let’s just go. These people need a therapist.” After the two girls left, Haemi and I erupted in laughter, rolling on the floor, while Bam kept on cursing at me. 

+++

”Bam! Don’t cause too much attention! Remember that, otherwise we are both dead.” I grabbed onto Bam’s wrist, pulling him away from the jewelry store. The Hidden World was much bigger than we had expected, it was like a whole other world, which is probably why ‘World’ was part of it’s name. It seeemd like a whole other planet, which maybe it was, cause why else would it be so hard to find?

Although, Bam and I had to keep ourselves out of the center of attention, which was really hard for Bam, who could manage to get us killed in last the 2 seconds. We had to wear hoodies and sunglasses in order to not get caught. I had my ombré brown hair in a ponytail, and shades, probably looking stupid, considering we were inside a mall. According to Haemi, Mutants here were gifted a power to tell if a person was a ‘mutant’ or ‘rogue’. Trusted witches gave it to them and later on their children inherited this power. 

It was the eyes that could give us away. Haemi said she knew we were rogues when she saw Bam’s eyes. So here we were, in the middle of a mall, searching for clothes and food to live off of, as Haemi went searching for a place for us to stay, giving the both of us phones to contact her, in case of an emergency. 

“But Noona, look at it! It’s calling out to me!” Bam whined, pointing at a 14k gold, studded chain. This kid really made me feel like his mother at times. Sighing, I checked my wallet, before dragging BamBam towards the shop. 

 

“Hi, how much is this...” I suddenly felt my body warming up, in the midst of asking the clerk lady about the chain. It was odd because I was incapable of feeling heat. Water being my ability, I was always one to feel cold, having the incapability to feel warmth, no matter what season it was or what temperature it was outside, so to suddenly feel warmth, it caused my heart to stop for a second. 

“Noona?” Bam’s voice, snapped me out of whatever trance I was in. “Are you sweating?!” I couldn’t comprehend what Bam was saying, seeing his mouth moving and a panicked look take over him, but I couldn’t hear anything but the beating of my heart. 

Loud footsteps were heard in the distance, yells and whistles. “! Rai! We gotta go!” Bam snapped to English when I didn’t seem to be understanding Korean. A crowd of men, seeming to be guards, came rushing towards us, and not in a friendly manner. Taking ahold of my hand, Bam teleported us back into our hotel room, where Haemi left us. Reality seemed to hit me again, as the warmth I once felt, disappeared in an instant, leaving me feeling cold, and...empty.

Bam, let go of me, sitting down onto the twin bed, a concerned stare directed at me. “You were sweating.”  Maybe it wasn’t a big deal for humans to sweat, however, I was no human. Mutants had abilities, powers, as we also had incapabilities, something only our partner can make us be able to feel. My incapability is the ability to feel heat, warmth. Therefore, it is practically impossible for me to sweat without my “soulmate”. 

“No...” My legs went numb, causing me to collapse to my knees. “No...Bam...this can’t be.” 

 

“Alec, he was the only one I will ever love.” Bam went silent. He felt bad for me, and I knew it, he was the one who comforted me when I cried for Alec. 

 

“Noona-...” The boy was interrupted by the sound of the door banging. “!” I attempted to stand up, only to fall back down, the same overpowering feeling taking over me. No...The same warmth started to radiate throughout my body, heat. Bam jumped up from the bed, only to be knocked over by an invisible force. No... 

My breathing became harsher, as the pounding on the door only intensified. BamBam was fighting with his fists, with the air, lunging, not knowing where his opponent stood, while his opponent had him bleeding. “Bam! Leave! Go!” 

“Not without you!” I groaned at his words. Not the right timing to be all cheesy...Standing up with shaky legs, water arose in the room, leaving an air hole for BamBam, while I stood, drowning in the water with the invisible predator. 5...6.. The person seemed to be getting weaker, as the person’s power seemed to start working, revealing a man in his twenties, violently moving, needing air. 13...14... The door had suddenly bursted open, the water being free, as I let go of my grip. 

The young man, laid on the floor, gasping for air, while Bam and I stood our ground, facing the entrance. Guards. Not waiting anytime, I attacked in instinct, knocking out two well-built guys, only having a few wounds and scratches, while Bam seemed to be in terrible condition. Bruises all over his face, while scratches and cuts scattered around his body, from the weapons that the guards carried. 

Attempting to use my powers, I fell to my knees, once again. The warmth getting to me, unable to use my strength. Which led to me to end up being easily kicked and punched. “STOP!” A firm, deep voice thundered throughout the place, causing everyone to still. The heat intensified, in a pleasuring way. 

He’s here...

Sparks took over my body, making me feel weak, as I heard the following words. 

 

 

 

“WHERE IS SHE?!”