|WANTED|

Ablaze |m.t.|

No matter how many tears spilled from my eyes, no matter how many feet I was under water, no matter how much I wanted to...I couldn’t drown.              

Water seemed to be the only thing that could calm me down, bring me peace, bring me back to reality...back to life...

Some would say it’s a gift, while the rest would say I was a freak, a monster. Cause no matter how long I was under water, without air, I was incapable of dying from drowning. 

It’s why I grew up with the name Raine. I was immune to drowning, and never cried, no matter how hurt I was, no matter if my heart was breaking.

 

“Rai Noona, they are outside the hotel, hurry and pack everything you can!” 

 

 Cause even if the world was against me, I had to stay strong, I couldn’t break, not when I had someone to protect.

“Noona, where should we go now? Paris? Egypt? Mexico?” 

BamBam. 

I first met him when I was 18, roaming around the streets of Seoul, South Korea, where I had bumped in to him. He was 15 at the time, naive and clumsy. He was in the mall, weird enough in the women’s section, putting together an outfit. 

We clicked fast, 6 months later I ended up adopting him, he was like a brother to me, and we shared the same pain of being different, being mistreated by the orphanage. 

And although I was technically his parent and guardian, I never had him call me “Mom”, although he’d teasingly say it to annoy me. 

But ever since a certain event, we were on the run constantly. Running for our lives. 

 

We’ve been traveling the world. Rome, London, New York City, Chicago, Brazil, Thailand, Laos, Philippines, Vietnam. But we’re always found, no matter how isolated we were, we were practically international superstars...being the most wanted around the globe. 

 

“I think I’m getting homesick Bam. Let’s go back home. Just for awhile.” I forced a smile. It just hasn’t been hard on me only, it’s been rough for him too, he’s too young to be going through this. I just seemed to cause problems for myself and everyone around me. 

I only caused pain to them...or death...

 

“This is the police! Open up, or we attack by force!” I grabbed ahold of Bam’s hand outstretched hand, before closing my eyes, as he did the same, as the familiar feeling of falling came over me. 

 

It was only two years ago. When we became the World’s most wanted ‘criminals’.  When I’ve lost the love of my life. 

MT Cooperation’s has been on our tail ever since. MT, an abbreviation for Mutant, is a prison for us ‘monsters’, the ones who were hiding from their crimes. When I’ve lost the love of my life. 

 

“Rai, you’re daydreaming, again.” I came back to Earth when I felt a hard flick to my forehead. 

“Jesus! Bam! At least be gentle!” He only chuckled at me, “There’s my Mom!” 

“Shut your ungrateful mouth!” I smacked the back of his head. I swear he only loves ‘Mom’ to tease I’m old. “We’re back...” Bam’s smile suddenly fell as something caught his eye. 

“Raine’s Delights...” Our old bakery’s sign, there, laying on the ground of an alley way. “Noona...” But it was like my body had a mind of it’s own, my legs taking me towards the sign. It was burnt, a reminder of the past. “...Alec...” It seemed like everything around me drained away, as I couldn’t hear Bam’s voice calling out to me and shaking me. 

“Rai!”

He had the ability to manipulate lightning, which mimicked his striking grey eyes and raven dark hair. He was just like us, lost in the world. He was probably one of the most cheesiest people I knew, and humorous, he had an effect to brighten up my mood. He was only 21, too young to leave this world. Alec Hung, he ran away from the Hidden World. 

He made me feel special.......while it lasted. But I promised him, I promised the crown for him, as his revenge. 

 

I could only feel the droplets of water fall from the sky, slowly. “Rogues...” But it was a voice of someone else’s that brought me back down to the world. 

It was a girl, maybe around Bam’s age, with blonde hair and violet highlights. Standing in the alley, staring at the two of us. She seemed completely harmless though, like she couldn’t hurt a fly. 

“Who are you?” Though I didn’t let my voice falter, no matter how innocent she looked. She flinched, seemingly scared at my presence. “I-I’m a Mutant...just like you...” Bam’s eyes widened. We weren’t alone...

“M-My name is H-Haemi...I’m from the Hidden World...” Ok...! Never mind... BamBam and I are still very much alone!

 

I didn’t know much of the Hidden World. Only that the MT Cooperation wanted to find it and that it was where all Mutants hid, however, you are either born into the Hidden World or your not...meaning if you weren’t, you aren’t accepted in the Hidden. But it’s where Alec will get his revenge.

 

“Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be in your little hide-out right now then?” I could practically taste the venom in Bam’s voice. Bam has an unapproachable personality, but once you get close to him, he’s a fun kid to be with.

She looked fidgety and scared, unknowingly making me flinch, I felt quilt for an odd reason. “Put your hands in the air!” The sudden loud voice made me roll my eyes. “.”

Turning around, I gave a fake smile to the ten MT officers. “Hello officers! What a lovely evening I shall say? Ain’t it?” Bam only shook his head at my words with a smirk, before turning around as well. However, the Haemi girl behind us seem to be having a panic attack. 

“Shut up!! And put your hands in the air!!” The man in the middle shouted, pointing his gun at me. “Gladly.” Raising my hands, a shield of water formed around us, a smirk forming on my face. “How lovely.” The officers started to shoot, but it was only stopped  by my walls of water. 

 

“So Haemi, you are our one way ticket out of here.” I turned towards her, who seemed to be playing around with the water. “You have a cool ability!” 

 

~

“It’s simple...but it’s awesome Noona! It’s quite pretty too!” 15 year-old Bam stared awestruck at the round orb of water. 

~

 

A smile formed on my face, as I saw her eyes sparkle in amazement. “Noona-...” 

“Right. I’m spacing out again!” I grab ahold of both Bam’s and Haemi’s hand, taking her by surprise. “Now Haemi, I need you to imagine the Hidden World for me.” She looked confused, “Wh-...” 

“You’ll find out later.” I cut her off, seeing Bam Shut his eyes, preparing himself. “O-ok...” She obliged before shutting her eyes as well. “And Haemi,” Her bright eyes opened again. A genuine smile displayed on my face. 

“I’m Raine.” 

 

 I kept my promises...

 

 

 

I’m sorry, Alec... I love you, but I’m doing this for you...

 

 

 

 

 

it’s time for your revenge...

 

+++

So this was unexpectedly a short chapter, I didn’t mean for it to be, but I’ll try to make the next update longer! However, I hoped you liked the first chapter, cause it only gets better😉

 

(Well I hope it does🤦🏻‍♀️)